Leveling activity?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Leverage87, May 12, 2019.

1. Leverage87 New Member

Hey there people!

Old school player (hardcore from 99-05, stints of varying length since) strongly considering returning. Thinking of doing TLP. My last stint was on Phinigel shortly before it unlocked velious.

So, how is the grouping aspects for leveling on current servers? Phini still active? How's the grind on the newer ones? What zones are populated?

Thanks ahead of time!
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Yes Phinny is still active (We are at the end of Underfoot, arguably the hardest in-era expansion) and 4 guilds have completed the content with 1-2 guilds close to completing. House of Thule launches a week from Wednesday and level cap increases to 90. Mercs are available on Phinigel to assist with grouping.

Mangler sounds over-populated just based on the crying on the forums, and is currently in classic for another month+. It also has the slowest rate of xp out of the TLP servers. All expansions launch after 3 months

Selos just launched Planes of Power and seems to be doing well (save for the guild drama at the edge of progression) and has the fastest xp of any TLP server. All expansions launch after 1 month.

Agnarr is locked in LDoN and seems to be dying because of it. A lot of people on that server asking for transfers.

Coirnav is now in LDoN as well, but seems to have lost a lot of players to Selos and Mangler according to a few on these forums. All expansions launch after 3 months (non-level increase expansions launch after 2 months)

The only information that I can tell you for sure is that most TLP servers are doing well (with the exception of Agnarr, apparently) so pick one that best suits you. If you still have toons on Phinigel that might give you a head start. Or if you want to relive earlier eras, I would go Selos if you like Planes of Power onward, or Mangler if you hate yourself and want to do classic-luclin over again.

I hope this helps you make an informed decision. :)
    JBizzle likes this.
  3. Leverage87 New Member

Thanks for the rapid response!! I'll likely restart on mangler or selos. My toon on phini is just a mid 30's shd. Probably gonna wait a month or 2, gotta sell some tools to pay for the sub
  4. Fiugvktffkhgvkkh New Member

Mangler is one of the fastest XP rates on TLP not the slowest. Groups are still everywhere. I have three characters that are 45+ and I’ve had no problem getting a group on any of them.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Mangler is fine for leveling. Camps that have always been highly contested are still highly contested. There is a problem with bots and item/plat farming, but if you aren't trying to farm HGs for plat, you can play the game just fine and find groups and a guild without much issue.

Epics are probably going to be a problem between now and through Kunark. I suspect many people trying to do them will find their efforts frustrated by box armies monopolizing spawns and selling loot rights.

If you're just concerned about playing through Classic content, it's as fun as you want it to be. If you're concerned about farming all the hottest best-in-slot items, you will probably find Mangler to be frustrating.
  6. Guzzle Augur

Mangler is not the slowest exp (that's Coirnav!), it is also not over a month away from Kunark.

Exp is good and Kunark is 3 weeks from Wednesday!

If you're going to provide information, for an informed decision, at least make sure it's accurate! I can assure you that the whining on the forums isn't nearly an accurate representation of the tons of people actively playing on Mangler.
  7. Leverage87 New Member

Kunark and Velious were my favorite expansions to play through, luclin was fun, and pop was a mixed bag. I'm old enough for banded armor to be considered twink gear, and darkforge/ivy covered/crafted/etc to be considered hot stuff, so i may choose Mangler, I'm not sure yet
  8. Stagentti Augur

Wow. So wrong. So, so wrong lol.

Mangler doesn't have the slowest xp rate.

Mangler is not over-crowded. Easy to get groups. Lol try lvling from start on Phinny without some serious solo/molo time.

Server is not in Classic for another month+. It's not even in Classic for another month.
  9. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Oh my bad guys, Jesus christ, you would think you guys were in a sexual relationship with the mangler server, and I just called her a hoe. Get your neckbeards untangled, and calm down, lol. I dont play on that dumpster fire, and I even said some of my info could be wrong, since I was only going by what I read on forums. Read my post again, I said:

I will never understand the mindset of "my server is the best server." Lets be real, we are ALL playing a 20 year old game. NO ONE WINS HERE. :)
    JBizzle likes this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

It's a recruiting ploy. Most people want their server to do well and continue for a long time with population intact. In part that requires attracting new players to the server.
    McJumps likes this.
  11. yerm Augur

Blatant misinformation? Every other server has had an xp rate buff from expansion unlocks or being selo, so mangler very well might be currently the slowest. It was also advertised as slow xp until changed just before launch. Meanwhile, being a cinch to find people for groups and the prime camps are regularly locked down sounds like overcrowding to me.

The dude didn't even hate on mangler like he did angnar, and people still got salty.
  12. Guzzle Augur

Mangler isn't the slowest though. So, yes, it's blatant misinformation.

He gave information and noted that he didn't know what he was talking about, so I do think it's a bit fair to say he shouldn't give ignorant information out.

Population is great, health is great, bot presence in some choice locations (HG's) is heavy, but overall the server is in a good place. The only people I've heard having a problem with finding a group are the ones that don't actually put the effort in to finding as group.
  13. yerm Augur

Does coirnav still have slower xp? Or has it progressed to where it is actually giving more xp than mangler (classic) is giving? So if its not the slowest, which server(s) are currently slower?

The more crowded a server is the easier it is to find a group. The harder it is to get the best camps. Mangler is easy to find groups and half its threads are raging about camps in lockdown...
  14. Numiko Augur

I think this is a bit of an apples and oranges thing, as someone who has played at least a little bit on all the progression servers I would say Mangler (other then Selo's of course) has the fastest "Classic" exp.

As we currently sit on our respective servers Mangler has (other then maybe Coirnav) the slowest exp because of boosts the other servers have gotten through expansion unlocks.
  15. Guzzle Augur

The exp bump doesnt happen until GoD, at which point it will still likely be slower than on Mangler. Mangler exp is nearly 2x the exp on Coirnav. I don't remember the hard numbers, but the GoD bump doesnt double the exp rate.

As far as the camp whining goes.. you're talking about high value drop camps, which don't really overlap with exp camps. Frenzy and Lord in LGuk are probably the only overlaps really, and the value vs effort for those severely diminishes quickly after the first few weeks.

At this point, people are whining about HG's, Efreeti, and other one off rare spawns. Those all suck for exp, really.

So, yes, muscling your way into farming high value items is tough, but most camps are open. With krono approaching 5k, or past 5k, no one is camping 500pp items at a time.
  16. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Even then most people camping for loot don't care about exp so setting up camp outside Efreeti room and killing all Efreeti/Elementals/Bugs is actually decent exp. Same with sitting outside Frenzy and pulling all but room. If someone starts up on Mangler and is just interested in leveling to 50, particularly before Kunark release, it's many times easier now than when the first wave or two were getting to cap at the release of the server.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.