88 Warrior on the hunt for more AC

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bashde, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Bashde New Member

Evening all! Like the topic says I feel like my warrior has very low AC, around 2250 at level 88 with around 50k hp. I'm sporting some TBM armor but mostly Recondite Abstruse. I'm seeing posts about other tanks being in the 5 and 6k marks on their AC right now, what am I missing? I have decent AC augs, I'm not a heroic character I just don't understand. I have a power source but lack purity augs right now. I just feel like there is something huge that I am missing...There has to be something? My plan is to keep upgrading all my armor to TBM and just hoping it will get better, what are your thoughts?
  2. Kindred Journeyman

Do you have a magelo? I logged on to my 86 heroic warrior, only got 1781 AC with the default gear and zero augments for reference.
  3. Xenze Elder

I have 5.2k AC on my 108 Warrior with shield equipped.

So levels and most recent gear is what you’re missing good friend
  4. Bashde New Member

Ok I think my problem was that I was looking at an old post from 2016, maybe they changed AC formula or how it is displayed since then? And Kindred, gimme an hour or two and I'll have something up for you!
  5. Bashde New Member

Is the magelo sync safe to trust?
  6. Rowlen Journeyman

Yes formula for AC calculation has change some years ago, ac has been splitted in two numbers: mitigation and evasion.
  7. Kunshada Journeyman

I am still trying to figure out a base line for juding where my sk's is at. I just recently started playing again and am still lost on the new ac numbers
  8. Nifty Slacker Augur

The recondite and abstruse stuff is House of Thule armor. The level cap for House of Thule is 90, and at 90 you can wear the tier 4 stuff. I would skip it, however, because at level 92 you can wear Rain of Fear armor. It's a large upgrade over House of Thule gear, and it can be found in the bazaar (search for "fear touched tunic, etc.) I always skip Veil of Alaris because... that whole expansion sucked. You can also try to get marks of valor in the Dead Hills, which you can use for augments and armor up to level 100. It's kinda debatable what to do after level 100, but your options will be The Darkened Sea, The Broken Mirror, and Empires of Kunark at lvl 105. But if you can make it to lvl 106, you can again buy armor in the bazaar (search for "conflagrant" etc.)

Edit: ugh. This is a necro post. Why do people do this to me.
  9. Tumbler Lorekeeper

If you want more AC then you have to level up. Simply find a good guild and do lfg. Some nice people will invite you.

I suggest rushing to 110 as soon as possible as the rot loot at that level will more than suit your needs.