Why nerf melee belts slow proc?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Siphon, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flat Toad Elder

Nerffing slow belt effect hurts EVERYONE in group within melee range of mobs...not just the tank. Yeah, Clothers... your meatshield just lost a major part of his ability to stop YOUR pain, not just his own...well, unless you also have a shaman in group.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Oh no, the 50% slow that was mitigated down to 12.5% is now only 25% and gets mitigated down to 6.25%.

The humanity!
    feeltheburn and Drogba like this.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Only the ones who seem overly supportive of the change. :D
  4. Drogba Augur

It was quite noticeable 5-15 seconds into the fight after most of your mobs are slowed (at least if fighting piles)

shield flash and let some slows proc.
  5. Drogba Augur

I can at least understand people asking the question: 'why?'

I wish we had more communication from the dev team regarding patch changes, it would be nice to know their thought process, and then if something were wrong with it, we could point things out to help. Maybe they would be happier to avoid that minefield of being caught out making mistakes, though.

It could be that they nerfed the belts as a solution to people who acquired the new GMM belt and deleted their old ones. Or perhaps that had nothing to do with their decision at all.

(In which case, we could have pointed out that some people may not want a slow belt vs. one of the other belt types, if the slow is to be nerfed that much, and so it isn't really a perfect solution).

It'd be nice to know when it comes to these things, but oh well :)

The impact of this change is pretty small.
  6. Cicelee Augur

When I created my initial thread, it was my primary goal to reduce the slow on all the tank belts. Even though what I said was I wanted DD spells to proc a group heal, what I really meant was I wanted tank slow belts to be nerfed. And even though I said my monk alt who solos and uses the slow belt would be negatively impacted by a nerf, what I meant to say was I do not care about my monk alt and I do not care about solo/grouping tanks and I am glad the tank belts got nerfed.

You caught me. Obviously I am an influence in 2019. All the developers bow to my FQ and do whatever I say. Wait, I meant to say whatever I mean. Wait, I meant to say they read what I want and ignore that and decide to do a random change with no communication to the community as to the reasons why. I feel so powerful now, I have the EQ game in the palm of my hands. Now I am going to read the patch notes to see that group heal procs now work on DD spells, because that is what I wanted.

O wait my bad, you all conveniently have chosen to ignore that and instead have continued on your crusade of false beliefs. Sorry. You keep doing you, and you keep believing what you want.
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Horyuken Augur

Mabey Cicelee will advocate for server mergers and a Necro DOT revamp next! :)
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Proof Cicelee has control of the devs! mages are ebil.
  9. Bamboompow Augur

No, its not ignored. That's the point and the one most people also have not ignored. What happened here is YOU got something you wanted (and your subset of players, mainly casters) while another subset got thrown under the bus to accomplish it. Maybe it was not a big loss to melee in the grand scheme of things (according to your progenitor, Beimeith) but this is still a case of your subset of players taking away something from another due to your feeling slighted.

Not exactly "you doing you" is it? More like "you putting the screws to us". These belts cost plat, time and DKP. It was even more comical that the old belts got nerfed to "make the new ones more desirable". Really? If this was a discussion in the automotive world, that is like having the OEM devise a mandatory ECM patch that will permanently shut down 2 cylinders on what was a perfectly running engine after 5 years of ownership in order to get you in the showroom to buy a new car. Thankfully that brand of stupid only exists in this game and is only underwritten by this player community.

That about wraps it up for civil conservation. What I would really LIKE to say won't get past the bad word filter. Enjoy your time in game and we all look forward to whatever changes you devise for the betterment of all. Obviously its YOUR game and we just happen to play in it.
  10. svann Augur

Cant we all just get along?
    Rodney King
  11. Cicelee Augur

I WANTED DD SPELLS TO PROC GROUP HEALS ON THE CASTER BELT.

Period. End of story. Show me in the patch notes where DD spells will proc group heals on the caster belt. Do it. I will wait.

But like I always tell my wife when she wants to argue with me... don't let the facts get in the way of the narrative you believe in and are trying to convince others in. At the very least it makes for an entertaining, albeit silly, "conversation"...
    gnomeboss, svann and Sancus like this.
  12. Drogba Augur

In response to people badgering you, I had 5 paragraphs written regarding my philosophies on a free society/exchange of ideas that were in some cases pretty out of place. I also got bored re-reading it, so i neutered it down to this:

If they are not misguided, then their hearts are black. They are in favor of a world where people are afraid to speak. Don't let them push you into living in that world, Cicelee.

Bathe in the salty goodness that is their tears.

p.s.
    What Horyuken said: Dot Revamps please! ..Oh great one. ..Oh great bringer of change. ..He who commands the will of the Gods!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.