Why nerf melee belts slow proc?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Siphon, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamboompow Augur

I work for a giant corporation. My immediate supervisors routinely nitpick and micromanage all nature of trivial and banal things. Which in the big picture perspective only add insult to all the other glaringly egregious issues at the corporate level that perpetuate unabated.

Those supervisors have a standard excuse in that they focus on what they can control.

Nerfs are easy. Just swipe this slider bar left in a few places. Done.
    All the actual major problems...well.....
  2. Fintank Augur

It'd be SUPER weird if there were things like weapons that have been in the game for a long time that weren't nerfed that provide solid non-nerfed Slows and Cripples that are Tank useable.

OH NO MY CONVENIENCE GOT NERFED!
  3. feeltheburn Augur

man all the new members.....
  4. Bamboompow Augur

Sebilis is out of the way and the bandolier is dumb. Plus, what wrong with convenience?
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If you guys want slow so bad with the servers going down you should have a good idea as to when Vaniki is going to be due to spawn.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

This is legitimately funny. It would be funny to see on Youtube at least once.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

The nerfed belt is better than that thing!
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Qft... worst thing in a corp is a non-lazy stupid manager. (Not talking about DBG, but large corps like my workplace in general)..
  9. Yimin Augur

There should be no slow belts ! Group with one of the five classes that have have slow spells ...

YiMin
  10. Laeadern Elder

And if one is not available for some reason?
  11. Yimin Augur

Then you make one !

YiMin
  12. Naugrin Augur

Ok but you have to give up any port clicks!
  13. Morthakia Augur

While I don’t like this nerf, one thing to consider: Make the raid belts a slightly stronger effect than the group belts.
  14. Yimin Augur

Sure not a problem at all since i have a Druid alt !

YiMin
  15. ojier Lorekeeper

What a stupid thing to say. How about we get rid of the merc cleric rez? My clerics would love that, people used to kiss their butts for a rez. How about we nerf all horses, so druids and shamans and rangers can again have an in demand movement buff?

Heck, why not get rid of marketplace gate spells, that also would help my druids and wiz? I could go on, but what's the point?

Did DBG really nerf an item I spent a LONG time getting for my tanks just because of class envy?
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It would be nice though, when something is nerfed, that instead of just a note like - Reduced the effectiveness of X spell/item/whatever. It had a - Reduced the effectiveness of X spell/item/whatever (Short explanation of why). Sure, there would still be those outraged, because this is 2019 and it's the Age of Outrage... but it would certainly reduce the overall WTF over a lot of it.
    Yimin likes this.
  17. Laeadern Elder

Part of the point is these items have been in game for 5 years...and now people complain about something that really doesn't affect them in any meaningful way. People spent countless hours farming these belts to make their gaming slightly more enjoyable for the way they play or for what is available to them at most times. Your dislike of these items in no way shape or form should contribute to the nerfing of the gameplay of others.
  18. Yimin Augur

Not any of the things you listed is a big game changer not one ! A tank with slow is a massive game changer ,

YiMin
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And after they explained the GMM belt nerf several people went on to point out that you could get the same overall effect by swapping older belts which just brought those belts and procs into the spotlight.
  20. Laeadern Elder

You seriously think a 50% slow that gets mitigated heavily is a massive game changer....you are a joke.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.