Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Some youtube shenanigans where supatank shows us how he farms and tanks 44 mobs at the same time are fueled by glyphs too. Its so pathetic really. I was not aware that raid teams rode the coat tails of those however. Guess I learned something new.
  2. Natal Augur

Uh huh.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Any tank whos raided beta .. and actually talked to devs will verify this as a fact.

Wether or not any one likes it. Or if it does or does not support their side of any debate..
  4. Dabrixmgp Augur

so just do what WoW does with Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties. That way people can find the difficulty that suits their guild and everyone is happy. thats the easy way to make everyone happy.
  5. bigpapa Augur

no one asking all raids to be easy , if tier one raid are easy and tier 2 much harder and tier 3 to be brutal , everyone would have something to do there and less chance to lose players.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Depends on your definition of brutal. How much do you think the raid forces that have beaten Mearatas farm it every week? There's brutal and then there's asinine. Raids like that every year will in fact, kill the game.
  7. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

So, the thing is if they make raids harder, then the gear it self should have a higher reward. like t1 gear t2 gear t3 gear. That would cause them to have to create even more visible sets of gear, currently they have only one raid set and one group visible set in TBL.

or they could grant an extra aug slot for each raid gear and let people customize .
  8. Whulfgar Augur

There are 2 sets of armor for both Raid and Group content.

Normal dropped armors .. then the upgraded Trade Skill armors (Both raid an group)
  9. Zunnoab Augur

This is pretty much the only way.

Also, the talk of gear has extremely little to do with the problems in RoS and especially TBL. It is bonkers design.

They are catering to an extremely extremely vocal minority of players that like tuning to cater to a small number of people. This kind of thing is destroying the raid game playerbase, and that isn't an exaggeration.

I will do what we must to win, but I don't have to like this nonsense.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Three group visible sets exist, not two.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

I want to clarify I think the devs do amazingly well with their numbers and I am enjoying the game. The "nonsense" I speak of is watching as the low and mid tier of the raid game vaporizes.
  12. Izzard of Bertox Augur

4000 Lifetime subscriptions were sold out in a matter of days. Just sayin.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Grevaine New Member

Thread necromancy! I was actually thinking about this, as someone who is a very casual player, who would like to, someday, somehow, raid SOMETHING. It doesn't seem terribly likely, as most of the guilds I have read up on have raiding schedules that don't jive with my work schedule.

I was wondering about the possibility of a guild on the TLPs designed specifically for people like me, where we're raiding one expansion behind because it's a bit less of a commitment. It would have a clever guild name, TBD, which would flag as LATE, or somesuch. Having a level cap raised might mitigate the lack of proper gearing. Basically, a guild interested in the experience of raiding with others, not the bleeding-edge gear raids provide. It seems like a lot of guilds just move on to the new raids almost exclusively when an expansion unlocks, which I understand, because who wants to spend 4 hours raiding something which doesn't really give them what they want?

I know this isn't the best forum, but does it seem like there is a market for this kind of super-casual guild?
  14. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

There are certainly casual guilds on the TLPs that will be raiding content behind whatever is current.
  15. Risiko Augur

That's not true.

There is a populous on the TLP servers that enjoy the race, but that is not the vast majority of the players on all of the TLP servers.

A very large populous of the Mangler server is there to enjoy the content with like minded individuals. In fact, all of the TLP servers I have been on including Fippy, Ragefire, Phinigel, Agnarr, Coirnav, and Mangler had massive populations of people that had next to no interest in racing content.

The plain and simple fact is that the older content in EverQuest is more user friendsly and forgiving. Over sized bugs don't rofflstomp you to death in .5 seconds in old content. People with a wide variety of gear (from EMPTY SLOTS to fully raid geared) are able to group up in old content and have a good time socializing with one another. Friendships are made much easier in an environment that isn't testing your ability to slap the right keys every quarter second or chase the puller from mob to mob in an assembly-line instance.

Like it or not, old EverQuest is a MUCH more social game than its modern version. They are practically two separate games that just happen to be connected together.
  16. Maurasi Journeyman

Excellent post but one that I think isn't going to fly with the modern design philosophy. Besides, I don't necessarily think the creativity for that exists within the company. John "Kendrick" Capozzi (the designer of many of EQ's most loved and enduring zones) hasn't been with the company for over a decade. Also, you mention how it's not in the company's best interest to do that when you talk about why TLP servers are good business. Right now, EQ is like Eastman Kodak was. They invented the digital camera but promoting it would've jeopardized their main revenue source (film, film cameras, and film development tech). So they were "killed" (I know they still technically exist) by their own creation. EQ created the content but improving it would jeopardize the nostalgia vibe that fuels TLP. If the content on Live is as high quality as it was in earlier eras, why would you want to play those earlier eras (especially given the QoL sacrifices you'd have to make)?

But you're right in that I've done OoW era raids for Glowing/Greater runes to fill out my (and my friends') spellbook. But EQ's content hasn't aged well for several years now. I think the current dev team does what they can within the constraints placed upon them but true artistry doesn't work like that. That's why it looks cut & paste to many people.
  17. Fian Augur

I agree with the OP. Raids are too hard, and numbers are down. Here is how things look in Tunare:

Top raid guild is working on T3 and having number issues
    Middle guild is working on Plane of Fire, but hasn't beaten it yet (stuck at snails)
    Weakest raid guild has fallen off a cliff. The best they can do is Goro raid, and have beaten Cactus raid once.
    So only one guild has beaten any current content raids, a first for the server going into the month of June.

None of the guilds can consistently field 54. It should also be noted, a raid guild on server folded last year, and another the year before that. So with a stable population the remaining 3 guilds should be bursting with raiders, but the opposite is true.
  18. Endaar Augur

Some of this has to come down to server population. BB has at least two guilds in T3 TBL, and the server's open raids are starting to dabble in Plane of Fire.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I understand how it works, but I wish they would have had a lesser TS option. (I've got some alts I've recently resurrected it'd be nice to just slap some semi modern gear on even if a step below group or 2 steps below TS + group muhbis)
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Allayna Augur

Xegony opens beat PoF.