Server merge is not needed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, May 10, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So my take from this is they need to instance this stuff to prevent blocking progression. Any dev feedback on this?
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

The last time AB was offered free moves to another server that shall remain unnamed, the people of AB acted like it was the fight at the Alamo.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Seems like that is another matter, something that could be petitionable. Reality remains that EQ is an instanced world now.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Trying to argue EQ is not instanced is so idiotic that it requires no response.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That was due to there being no guarentee it would fix our issues, it was 1 way, not keeping names, still waiting to have housing issues fixed and having to move every char individually!

Had they actually offered a proper merger to Vox for everyone even those who were AFK for a while then it would have been better accepted, although some would have complained about the ping! But it would have been far better than what we had at the time.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Have things improved on AB? I haven't been forum surfing in quite a while.
  7. Nifty Slacker Augur

Seems fair to you? A poll vote that can be easily manipulated with multiple accts and emails seems fair to you? You win sir. Brilliant victory.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Or we could just base the decision on your subjective estimation of what the majority wants. That seems fair, eh?

Do you have a better way of determining what the majority of the players on a server prefer? Or do you just not want to face the possibility that you are in the minority?

EDIT: Paying accounts get a vote. That seems simple to me and keeps the voting fair. F2P players are already just "along for the ride" anyhow.
  9. Allayna Augur

I needed a good laugh today, thank you.

Only missions and the actual raids are instanced in EQ.

Collections, progression, hunter, moving from point A to point B....all static...

I've seen guilds go so far as to chain train a zone in NPC to prevent the progression race from continuing... but continue to live in your blind world old man.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and code-zero like this.
  10. Tolzol Augur

What? Lol that’s not significant to xegony at all i can promise you that.
    I don’t think adding to this would make any difference, you guys were like an hour behind us last year and were “racing” the back up team who i believe said y’all started the training/killing imps bs that took place thinking that they were our progression team. Whether there is 2 guild’s competing or 5 it would be the same. DPS is king and will always win. I could care less if they merged servers but i do think it would help the low pop servers. The bigger servers like xegony/Bristlebane do NOT need it though.
  11. Sancus Augur

In fairness, I get why he thinks that. We zoned in about a minute before their group, and since we had to clear the guards of the first quest NPC we started the quest around the same time (although they likely didn't know we just got there). After MS dropped campfires and a banner in zone and got in a few groups to KS us, one of them said "eat it" (or "suck it"? one of the two) in say, to which someone in our group responded with something to the effect of "we're already done." He meant "we" in the sense of RoI, because you guys were past that point. We were legitimately on that quest/step, and didn't actually finish it until after we (RoI) beat Stratos.

Had we wanted to block people from progressing via the imps, we would've campfired/bannered people in when y'all got there, instead of having a full caster group (with 3 mages) trying to out dps multiple groups on fire-immune mobs.
    Allayna likes this.
  12. Allayna Augur

So a second "team" doing the progression at the exact same time wasn't an effort to block MS? As has been the pattern since at least TBM? Well I apologize then, as it was someone from that group that started the mockery and taunting about being done and not really needing it. My point kind of spot on though about open world races existing and merging more onto a server being a bad idea.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Tolzol Augur

But our second team was way behind our main team lol? The back up team is there just in case something crazy happens and we need one of them to join our group cus we worry about our guilds progression we don’t care what y’all are doing until you get in our way. Which last two years has not happened. So no it was in no way an effort to block MS take off your tinfoil hat lol. And the devs don’t give a damn about the “race” so this reasoning is dumb for not wanting a server merge.
  14. Allayna Augur

@ Tolzol, nvm.

Any conversation between ROI and MS ends in conflict....probably because 1/2 of ROI was formerly MS, yourself included.
  15. Tolzol Augur

Not half but yea there are a few and there is reason for that. And I was only ever there because of stanza personally. I have no beef with MS or you for that matter but i do get tired of the conspiracy theories you guys create.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I just quoted you both randomly to point out that all of the bitterness and open-world fighting (between your guilds AND between everybody else that has to wait for mobs) only exists because the devs refuse to lower /pick thresholds or offer private /picks.

Hate on the devs, not each other.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Sancus Augur

18. eqzekisdead Augur

server merge for zek pls
  19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The two of you don't matter! :D:D:D
  20. Zunnoab Augur

Yes I'm skipping the topic and it was probably said before, but if some servers don't need merges they don't need to merge them.

Stromm was not merged in the the first round of server merges. It wasn't until the second round that created Luclin-Stromm that the server merged for the very first time.