Community Petition: Bring Back Monkly Business

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rafajafar, May 11, 2019.

1. Rafajafar New Member

To whomever owned that site:

Bring it back.

Signed: EQ Community

------------------------

Seriously, though, if you need help maintaining it or something, I'll volunteer.
    KarmaKitty, Monkman and Thrillho like this.
  2. Monkman Augur

People play monks?
    DaciksBB and Rafajafar like this.
  3. Rafajafar New Member

We have three monks in our guild. All top 10 DPS, often top 3-5. T2 Raids, about to open up Meratas.
  4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I would be more than happy to host this site or set up a free host for them for a year if the owner of the site wants to contact me. I hate seeing EQ communities die out.
  5. Rafajafar New Member

Yeah if anyone has a way to contact the person who ran it, I'd love to reach out and do something about this as well.
  6. Nedrom Augur

The owners of the site have been contacted by email several times and they're not responding. I've offered for years to take over the hosting and pay for the site myself as I'm in IT and no joy. I can't post their emails here as it would be a breach of their privacy. If someone wants to take up sending them emails send me a PM and I'll share their contact info.
    Zunnoab, Fanra and Yinla like this.
  7. Nedrom Augur

Seems the site owners saw my email and it's back online. I have asked again about transferring the site ownership to someone that can better monitor and maintain the site. I dunno...I think it's important not to lose that community and history of our class.
    IblisTheMage, Fanra and Yinla like this.
  8. Nedrom Augur

So I may be able to take ownership of the site. Does anyone want to chip in and help with the hosting fees for vBulletin cloud?
  9. Nedrom Augur

PS: the current owner was about to shut the site down due to months of inactivity.
    Brohg likes this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Why not be pro active, an make a new one ?
    Duder likes this.
  11. Nedrom Augur

Mainly because all the history of the class is on the existing site.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

So the class is not the same as when that site was actually getting pumped full of knowledge. No class is the same as even 2 year's ago. So much changes some small, some MASSIVE ..

Start a new one up. Be the change you want to see in the world bro.
  13. kizant Augur

Who said it went away? ;)
  14. Nedrom Augur

The site randomly crashes and goes offline for months then we email the admin and it comes back. He told me he was just going to cancel it.
  15. Nedrom Augur

After looking into the hosting costs or the vBulletin Cloud costs you may be right. It's not cheap, especially for a game I don't play anymore~
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

I mean it could have moved and they decided to only invite the most elite players.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Maybe try and contact Gidono from his May post up above? Seems he could help. I hate to see another one go under, we have lost so many. I never have played a monk but all these sites have/had good info and some of it is still pertinent today, esp with TLP servers.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Tolzol Augur

Probably better off starting a new one tbh. Behelit made a new zerker forum after goberserker went down. Almost all old info for zerkers would be useless nowadays due to all the changes over the years. I’d imagine that’s the case for most classes. It is a pain in the redoing all the info though i do know that first hand (i still ain’t finished all the era based dps guides for zerkers which is probably a waste of time cus i don’t think too many of the TLP people signed up for it haha)
  19. Nedrom Augur

The site has never been invite only. You just have to validate your email address. Not the same thing at all.... Unless you're suggesting something else?
  20. Nedrom Augur

I have no response yet on the DMs on here. I haven't logged into my accounts in years now to send a message in game.