@Dev - The Classic Era Experience

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, May 9, 2019.

1. Guzzle Augur

It absolutely had an impact on pure krono farmers. The number of people at HG's had always been the same.

Bot armies won't restrict most classes from finishing their epics in-era. It's not insanely difficult to complete them. The really important ones also dont require any super contested mobs.
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

The Classic/Not Classic barrier seems at times to be entirely arbitrary, or merely defined by what is possible within the codebase to be implemented/removed.
    taliefer likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

this is the first serve ive seen 24 necros permasetup in rathe~
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Begurgle for Cleric Epic comes to mind.
  5. Guzzle Augur

Which spawns in picks and is easily contestable. It's not as bad as you might think to get.
  6. Thalliius Augur

Had to jump in and share this important announcement:

This thread is irrelevant to me, I don’t play on Mangler and will never play on a classic start TLP in the future.

Sorry to disrupt conversation, but this was a very important announcement that I had to make

Carry on
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

8. Meridian Augur

ok, cool.
    Thalliius likes this.
  9. LittleBrumski Augur

When RF/LJ and Phinny were fresh, the "Make it Classic!!!" crowd was pretty vocal, so DBG started making changes: slow xp, extra slow xp, took out certain race/class combos before phinny (groan, why?), took out a bunch of out of era items that were in all the other tlp's, (tried) to stop boxing...

Now we're on the 6th and 7th TLP server in the last 4 years. The whole 'start again in classic' all over again for 3 months is getting old. The RMT/Krono farming, toxic players, amount of boxers has gotten worse with every one with the exception of Selo.

DBG needs to start thinking if some more unique server rules: Start in PoP or later expansions? Selo 2.0 where the xp rates are actually fast enough to keep up with the expansion unlocks (and has a 2 month unlock) ? Free trade? Get rid of MotM and damage reduction in raid zones (for a truly casual server)? Expansion unlocks x-time after all bosses are cleared?
    Aneuren likes this.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

After going through these so many times before, I'm not really sure why they keep MotM anymore. It was a cool challenge the first time, now it's just a hassle. Before we had instanced raids, it was necessary.
  11. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Focus effects and pet damage have been modified as well since then, I really think MotM needs to be removed.
    Brontus and Aneuren like this.
  12. Wyzer New Member

Not sure it matters with WOW Classic a couple months away. Even Mangler/Selos will become ghost towns.
  13. That0neguy Augur

They already stated the only way they would consider removing it is if they go back to classic spell data and remove spell foci. 1 of which they already did for Mangler. So wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to revert back to classic spell data and remove MotM on the next TLP.
    Aneuren likes this.
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I remember seeing that, and I can't help but think to myself it's a bit backwards. It would be better to remove MotM and keep reducing overall power, rather than keeping MotM and double-dipping with reductions in power that MotM was already designed to account for.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Never played WoW, not gonna. I doubt it'll have the effect you think it will have.
  16. Wyzer New Member

!Remind me 104 days
  17. kjempff Elder

Try something new(old), you may like it.. not that it is anywhere as good as eq (even in its current form), but probably better than all of the other wannabe-mmo out there.
    Anyways, OP got a point. But who is listening these days?
  18. Thalliius Augur

Ha I think you vastly overestimate the effects it will have

Most people who want to play WOW are already playing it, and it doesn’t have nearly the same type of nostalgic draw that a game like EQ has which was the first of its kind
  19. Elemenopi Augur

Keep in mind I am more of an EQ fan than a WOW fan here, but...

WOW classic will have more subs than EQ had in its prime.

First day of beta, 200k people watching the first live stream.

I think people are UNDERestimating its impact, due to thinking of the state of that game now, versus what it was in classic. Alot of people are wanting the classic experience, which they are not getting in KronoQuest. WOWs classic experience will be patch 1.12 without the out-of-era add ons and such.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Well, of course it will. That's not the debate. The debate is whether it will have an impact on EQ TLP servers.
    Thalliius likes this.