Test Update 05/07/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 6, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Damage dealt and received should be at the player not the NPC. I'd really like to know i'm taking damage rather than just get a death message!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. phaeril Augur

Is the Necromancer spell, Summon Corpse ever coming back?

Also, thank you for letting TLP have xtarg... such a great QoL tool that will let us trade tons of talking over discord and weird hotbuttons for straight up planning and organizing.
  3. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Thank you ! There is no negative side to doing this and dozens of positives. Thank you for continuing to improve the TLP experience.
  4. Kaydan New Member

While we are adding QoL stuff...can we get the aggro meter to go along with it?
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's always been at both except for DoT's. If that changed, that should be undone.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. mulila Elder

if it works properly rangers will rejoice when tracking mobs in multi-leveled zones
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  7. Barton The Mischievous

I agree, good change !!
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Please do not add aggro meter. Game needs some semblance of thinking.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I removed these drops of water for the live patch. Test will have to deal with it until the true-up. (This forced OTHER tables to work... this particular table is supposed to only be coin)
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You don't know what you're talking about. Damage has always been reported at the Target, except for DoTs which was recently changed. This is how it should work. Reporting damage on the player would cause a huge number of problems.

Also for those people talking nonsense about the change to 200 reporting for spell damage:

There has ALWAYS been a range limit to damage reporting. You have always been able to outrange your damage when standing at the maximum.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I should be more clear on this... you always saw your OWN damage...
  12. ~Mills~ Augur

I can't speak for nukes but for dots I could be across the zone out of range of aggro and my dots still reported their damage to me. Now often times I get zero. There are times I am kiting or rooting and have 7 mobs chasing me and damage just stops reporting for some. So for dots at least put the self reporting stuff back to however it was even if its just the player. I care far more about how much this has interrupted play for months at a time now in some cases ie no twincast messages for dot twins and now dots not reporting to caster if oor. Then suddenly making it all identical and tidy for gamparse.

There are times I root mobs out of range after dotted to avoid them casting. There are times I out range the reporting while fighting a named to avoid stuff. There are other times I straff in and out of range for mobs. This change makes it so dotters can't even track themselves and throws 20 years of reporting out the window so that its neat for someone other than the caster in other settings. Thats bad design and should be fixed asap until a solution for both scenarios is available.
  13. Axxius Augur

I don't know what class you are talking about, Ranger maybe? But as a Wizard I have never been able to outrange my own nuke damage reporting. If I was not too far away from the target to cast on it - I would ALWAYS see the damage done.

So whatever that limit you are talking about was before the previous patch, it was definitely larger than the top focus for detrimental spell range allowed casting from. And now it's 200. That's what everybody is complaining about here.
    Endaar and Yinla like this.
  14. kizant Augur

Of course it makes sense that you always see your own damage regardless of range and it seems like they're aware of the issue. In the mean time just stand a little closer. It's not the end the world and you should be meleeing on most events anyway.
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't recall ever not being able to see my spell damage usually at max force range until now.

Rangers used to be able to get their own damage reported even at a max range which is something like 500. But when at closer range they used to get that damage reported twice.

It is only recently I have noticed I'm not getting NPC damage reported to me, just a death message. I'm not sure if that is down to the range or if they have broken the filter.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I should have been more specific. I don't know what the limit was before, but it was more than 270 and less than 400? something like that. In any case, there is almost never a good reason for being >200 units away unless you're specifically running away from an AE. That said, the range should maybe be 300 units, but idk what the technical issues of it may be.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I may be egotistical but not so much to believe they design things based around what I do, lol.

DoT reporting hasn't even been around 20 years. Originally they didn't show at all, that was only added later, and it was bad design to implement it in a completely different way from how every other damage message was reported.
  18. Endaar Augur

The point is this was never a problem until the last patch. I don't care how far away I am from something, if I can land a nuke I should see the damage message. And we always could.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. ~Mills~ Augur

Well they started changing how everything was reported for some strange reason!

Dots are not nukes, they work and are used differently. Bad design is the individual not having their damage reported to them. I explained a few examples of why dots need to report to the caster always. Others being able to parse more easily at the mob is secondary even if you don't agree with that. If my dots are on a mob and its dying then I doesn't matter if I am 500 units away it should report to me over reporting neatly at the mob for others. So until they can do both without double reporting jacking up parses the more important feature is keeping it reporting to the caster.
  20. smash Augur

Except your range was further than 269, look at the face gear, and see the extension. It should be around 300. so people get their dots/spells reported.

What I think has happened was that in april patch the range was changed from 75->200, and the reporting from your name to you.

I think that b4 there were 2 seperates reporting of spell damage, 1 going directly to YOU,and there was no limit there.
    And then there were a second reporting to other players, which had the 75 feet reporting.

They have now been merged into 1, and there there is now the 200 range. And this was done to standarize the reporting. Making it easier to maintain.