Cazic Thul is requesting a server merge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Emperior, May 5, 2019.

1. Whitestripe New Member

This is a true statement. I think it highlights our desire to continue playing Everquest on our terms. We don't want to join hardcore raiding guilds. Frankly, many of our people wouldn't qualify to those guilds anyway. We need bodies and we're desperate. Desperate enough to even join the forums.
  2. Whitestripe New Member

I agree, Bumkus. It would be very helpful not to be competing for players on Thursday nights. We are currently entertaining the idea of moving to another night as not to compete with Freelance. Sunday is our best numbers night usually, and lately we can't even get enough to attempt old content. Of course it could be other factors affecting our raid participation (warmer weather, GOT and such), but we feel a merger could help with numbers. It may not, but one thing is for sure, CTA as a somewhat viable raiding force is fading away.
  3. Cadira Augur

So uh...like 90% of these posters are the same person right?
    mystic37, RandyLahey and Act of Valor like this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

Vox raid scene died due to same reasons... we all had to leave the server to find new places to raid. Don't get your hopes up.
  5. Xeladom Augur

There are at least 3 guilds on ct canceling raids due to low attendance. Those 3 guilds should merge. I've seen(and been a part of) way to many guilds fold and players quit because people want to hold on to a guild tag.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Spellfire Augur

People requesting a merger are trolling I assume.

Cazic is one of the most populated servers.
    mystic37, Cailen and Tutunka like this.
  7. Canneto New Member

Many new members to this forum, but very experienced players over all.

Canneto di'Bari
    110 Magician
    Caelum Infinitum
    Originally of Fennin-Ro
  8. Beardsy Elder

At this point there's what, 11 regular live servers? Just merge all of them. There's no loss on anyone's behalf. The entire game is instanced now. Just get this done. Make Everquest .

Also merge Agnarr with Coirnav once GoD on Coirnav releases please. There's literally zero reason for you to keep Agnarr PoP locked for this long or at the very least allow us to Xfer agnarr chars to coirnav.

<3
  9. Beardsy Elder

Apparently saying is censored?... what?
  10. Beardsy Elder

Amazing forums. You cannot say great + and + again back to back? ...
  11. Bahdah Augur

bring more traffic to Xegony.
  12. Drogba Augur

All servers needed merges years ago. I imagine the lag will be horrible if they don't upgrade their infrastructure though.
    Jondalar likes this.
  13. Scila Augur

I'm going to throw my 2cp in here ... I'm a Brellian that merged to CT. First, you won't find a friendlier, more helpful general channel out there. It's active and more often than not, spills over to 2 channels. People ask ?'s or for items they need and I rarely see crickets or someone not parcel an item to someone. To me, that has the flavor of what an active, thriving server AND guild should be. Groups get filled, task adds are frequently offered and taken. Again, the flavor of what an active, thriving server AND guild should be. The game is 20 years old. Alot of the player base (not all don't go there) has played since almost the start and has a vast amount of knowledge and now has families, grandkids, and either retired or looking to retire and going back to restart at a different pace or start raiding again. There are also military families that are either serving or have finished their service and use the game as their connection point. This game is more than a game to alot. What is the player base looking to accomplish with a server merge? If guilds are struggling, maybe there is some truth to what has been said to competing raid times for alliances; however, are the guilds meeting the needs outside of raid time for grouping, progression, chat help? Do they join general channel on a regular basis or log on, talk to their fellowship or regular play group, and log off? EQ is a social game that is what has made it unique and different than the other games out there. The add water and mix games that are fun for 20 minutes (we've all tried them). It's called Everquest for a reason. So my question to the player base again ... what actually needs to happen to fix the probem? Is it a server merge or something else? Sometimes it isn't always the obvious answer.

Scila - Druid Brellian 2000
    snailish and Lilybeme like this.
  14. smash Augur

How hard is it for getting people to understand, NO SERVER MERGES.

It has been repeated by devs not long ago.

Devs should make a script that delete/locks subects about server merges

On the last server merge there were problems with it, which gave them a bit clean up job,
    which i am sure they dont want again.

If you wanna get to another server, then pay for a xtansfer. Thats what others have done, myself included.
    mystic37 likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No all the community relations person said was at THAT time they had no plans for server mergers. Devs have never said no mergers ever..

Not sure why people are so afraid of mergers I think it is a reasonable discussion to be having now and with instancing being a regular thing much more painless then it has been in the past.
  16. Derd Augur

So just a question. When this merge happens, your all going to disband your guild and reinforce new guilds on this mythical server? Cause it sounds like its the same old problem everyone thinks there guild should remain and everyone else should join them. Instead of biting the bullet and forming a actual raid guild and dropping your old tag. Just combining servers does not make for any new pool of raid able players.
    mystic37, Ssdar and Sancus like this.
  17. Alarya Augur

Request granted, please follow the steps:
    1. Open up the Daybreak Store
    2. Purchase a Character Transfer Token
    3. Transfer
  18. Absor Developer

We still have technical issues with merging servers. Sorry, it's just not possible right now.
    snailish, Thunderkiks, Drogba and 3 others like this.
  19. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

That there are multiple raid alliances trying to raid at the same time and none of them can fill enough slots, it seems to me like this problem is one of organization and not servers needing to be merged.

Why do these alliances not raid together?
    mystic37 likes this.
  20. Arboriun New Member

People don't want to raid with incompetent raid teams, it's not news, Freelance has such high turnover because bad players aren't punished and good players aren't rewarded (or even listened to when they know how to beat an event). I raided with CTA for a bit and every time someone from RoTE or SR showed up they'd be light years better than our members and nobody seemed to care that the gap was so large, you'd have 1 guy doing 20+% of the entire raid's DPS and people were just happy to open the chest. Maybe just solicit more good players to show up on days their normal guilds don't raid, merger isn't going to bring you anyone worth their salt when Cazic already hosts 2 top 10 Guilds that are actively recruiting
    Cailen, Tutunka, Riou and 2 others like this.