Which class to 110 to PL my own other chars?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kenshon, Apr 18, 2019.

1. kenshon Journeyman

Update here: Have been headshotting with a 110 ranger in FM with a 109 war and 94 bard in tow and leeching.

Running 130k DPS (including headshot) on the ranger, and averaging about a kill a minute. Have all discs on cooldown and bard hastings to 225%.

A half hour of lesson gets me about

- 40 AA on the 110 ranger
    - 8% of XP on the 109 warrior

Thoughts on how I can go even faster? Someone here mentioned chardok?
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

That is not bad splitting xp three or four ways if you have a merc up. 109 is always a pain in the without a full blown dps group going at it for me.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Kiras Augur

Stack hdex as high as you possibly can if you haven't already. Shammy buffs help too. Don't run any mercs, proper use of vinelash, entrap, fluster, bluster, and other roots can prevent you from taking much damage from everything but named mobs.

Chardok, and for that matter, Scorched Woods are viable alternatives to FM. Per-kill in Chardok is a bit better if I remember correctly, but the mob supply isn't as good. There are some non headshottables mixed in too. Droga has tons of headshottables too, but the spin stun every goblin hits you with on aggro is super annoying.

In the longer run, you may find that gearing up the warrior and hunting in Sathir's Tomb ends up beating out headshotting. ST is arguably the best xp spot in the game right now. Then again, you might not have enough DPS without headshot to make it worthwhile without adding another DPS player.
  4. kenshon Journeyman

Thanks. Also my 109 war only has auto grant AAs and 30ac augs.

Won't I need to gear and aa before he can survive ST? Even in FM my merc healer gets my war killed on underlevel sarnaks on occasional spikes.

Trying to get him to 110 first so he can wear 110 armor, then AA him...
  5. Kiras Augur

Yeah, you definitely would need better gear and AA on the war to survive ST. That's why I mentioned it as a longer term thing.

For now, consider learning how to kill sarnaks without getting hit. The merc is wasting some potential xp.

Generally, if it's a clump of mobs, vinelash to aggro them. If it's a single, entrap to aggro it. With pairs, if they're fairly distant I like to entrap then switch targets and entrap the other. Fluster and bluster can throw anything that gets near you away. The AA root lands fairly reliably. Vinelashing thrown away mobs is always useful too when it's on cooldown. Dicho has a summer's attached to it, so it's often going to break root. I use it mostly on mobs that are snared but not rooted, or mobs that will die next headshot. The other archery spells are pretty safe to use.

I'm not sure where you're camping. The forts have the advantage of being relatively flat, but the disadvantage of occasional surprise names. The statue up high is inconvenient terrain, but 100% predictable.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Are your war and brd contributing to dps?

With 3 high lvl toons I would expect you to kill more than a mob a minute. If you get a good position in a fort, you should be able to get mostly singles.
  7. Schadenfreude Augur

Where you are is the best spot for now and for the foreseeable future. You'd most likely wipe in Chardok or Droga and even getting to Sathir's Tomb would be a challenge. While in FM concentrate on getting more mobs dead per hour, you should be aiming for at least 3 per minute outwith random named spawns. You should have no need for a merc other than for names.

Once the Bard is a bit higher you could head to Gnome Memorial Mountain and do "The Darkness Howls" HA. Be aware the mobs in the static zone are a good bit tougher.
  8. kenshon Journeyman

Thanks all.

Wondering how I get to more than 1 kill per min..

I've got the roots figured out, so my ranger rarely gets hit. My headshot is maxed and I have 1000+1000 dex and 225% hasted.

So my kill rate is entirely dependent on HS proc rate. Not sure how I can get proc rate materially higher besides maybe maxing out Trick Shot AA. I'm already spamming my Called Shots and Focused lines. Can't spam Dicho without going OOM.

Going from 1 kill per min to 3 kill per min would mean a massive change in HS proc rate...

The WAR is not tanking b/c he doesn't have AAs and his dps doesn't outweigh the xp cost of a healer merc.
  9. Kiras Augur

More hdex will dramatically up your kill rate. Also, if you don't have one already, you should get a prescient fleeting quiver. How are you on type 5 augs? They're a pretty big source of it.

By the way, I'm not sure if you're stacking it all, but pureshot + GOTF + imbued ferocity (assuming a strike of the archer bow proc) will turn you into a killing machine while it's up.
  10. kenshon Journeyman

I have over 1000 hdex from type 5 augs and worn gear. Have type 5s in every available slot. I probably could eke out another 100 hdex in upgrades within my budget.

I also keep those discs and AAs on cooldown, though I can try to do better at stacking.
  11. MysticOne Augur

You all know this is a DB forum and they read it?
  12. Brohg Augur

I'm interested in what you consider potentially objectionable about this thread's posts
  13. MysticOne Augur

Every time players open up in general chat or this forum about what works in the game, it stops working. We've all seen it over the last 2 decades so many times.
  14. Dabrixmgp Augur

solo PL doesnt work at higher levels. Once you get them to 80 and they can group with 110s use Tank, Cleric, Bard, 2x Berserkers and just slaughter mobs in seconds. This will level them in no time at all. If you only have one character then just pay somsone else some Kronos to do it.
  15. kenshon Journeyman

The ability to level my own characters efficiently has led to me subbing on two accounts and soon a third.

I'll let them decide what they want. Me quitting b/c of an enormous grind leveling a group of heroic chars in the Grounds for weeks before I lose my mind, or me subbing b/c there is a reasonable path to catching up.