So about the afk dude in Rathe with the 20+ necros...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Higgs Boson, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rcbauer Augur

How much did you get for it? Are you auctioning it on a bot when you're afk at raids soaking up DKP?
  2. Christopher84 Journeyman

He has been reported with screenshots and video. Nothing is being done. He has been killing hill giants for almost a week solid at this point, he wasn't on earlier today and I mistakenly believed he was banned but he's back now @ 22:50pm GMT. Maybe he was moving his plat/krono around in case he gets caught, but I doubt it. With the rate that krono prices are increasing, they'll be selling for 5k+ by the end of the week.
    Protius likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

I am pretty sure that the GM's and Guides all know that guy and probably go have chats with him and his crew pretty regularly just to see if they can catch him /afk.
  4. Zinkeh Augur

Went there last night to have a look. Absolutely ridiculous. I sat there for about an hour while chatting with guildies. Not one single other person was able to get an HG during that time. He's got bots down the middle and down both sides. Nothing escapes. I think about how much I could make on my one necro or ranger on agnarr at this place in a few hours. I cannot even fathom how much he's making on a daily basis but it has to be 25k+at least........This doesn't even factor in the bots he has in the hole and efreeti.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You can now send /tells or /says to a text message on a telephone.
    Congrats on that way of catching someone.
  6. Christopher84 Journeyman

Based off TLP Auctions, the average price over the last 24 hours is 4.3k for a Krono. That's an increase in 1k over the last 3-4 days.

Why would they need to try and catch him AFK? The fact that he is using 3rd party software to automate his characters is self evident. Is anyone honestly going to try and argue that he is operating 18-24+ computers, manually inputting keystrokes every couple of minutes, for 72+ hours without a break? Anyone attempting to argue that point is either incredibly naive or is being intentionally divisive.
    Protius and Risiko like this.
  7. kjempff Elder

Does this mean the Onion/garlic/etc mage bot has been driven away by a even bigger cheater ? or maybe they finally get the boot and respawned as necros.. Owell back to Selo.
  8. code-zero Augur

Are you online 24/7 and if so how are you doing that?
    Back when TSS was new and I was doing Drakkin breath weapon progression I was online all the time and I became convinced that an NPC wasn't spawning and I /bug it. Turned out it was spawning quite well and there were at least 2 other people also camping the exact same spawn at the exact same spot and I had only seen one of them in the weeks I'd been there.

I one of those 24/7 campers is just napping or whatever and leaving his crew up to use pet aggro then he'll be caught and suspended or banned no different than if he'd used some 3rd party app.

I see the videos claiming to prove that there's some hack in play and I just laugh at them. Once you've seen the eerie synchronicity of a machine controlled bot army you'd never mistake whatever is going on for 3rd party software
  9. Christopher84 Journeyman

I don't need to be online 24/7 to know that someone else is online 24/7. All I need to do is communicate with people who are active during times when I am inactive. By talking to a few different people who are active at different times of the day, it's easy to put together a time frame for this players activity.

By all means keep playing devils advocate and keep arguing that a guy running 18-24+ separate accounts is doing it 100% legit, but no one is buying it.
  10. Risiko Augur

Damage is already done on Mangler. They have been allowed the cheaters to exist for too long. Even if they ban them now, all the plat and items they brought in to the economy will still be there.

For what ever reason (and truly nobody knows what is the reason for sure), botting, warping, and other forms of cheating is being selectively allowed on the EverQuest servers.

There's basically a handful of things you as a player can do about it at this point:
    1. Leave the TLP servers, and go back to a Live server where the cheaters have less impact
    2. Ignore the issue, and continue playing on the impacted TLP servers
    3. Cancel your subscriptions to EverQuest, and go find a new hobby
    4. Keep playing on the impacted TLP servers, but abandon all forms of krono trade (AND don't replace it by buying plat)
    The reality is that the discussions we are having here on these forums is doing nothing, and it will continue to do nothing. We simply do not matter enough to those in charge. It's really that simple.
  11. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It is also worth bearing in mind that reading these forums and actually playing the game will give you two entirely different ideas about how much of a problem this actually is.

Is it bad that people are AFK botting? Of course. Do they disrupt the player economy? They do. Can you play the game from start to finish while being completely unaffected by their presence? Almost entirely. I somehow survive every day not camping HGs or IGs for plat. I have had efreeti camp groups more than once. I am raiding dragons and planes several times a week. I leveled to 50 through a mix of soloing and grouping.

Report this stuff when you see it, of course, but this isn't the apocalypse and if you just play the game for fun, you hardly notice these people. How does it actually disrupt your game to have the plat economy inflate? What do you even need plat for? If anything, an overabundance of plat just makes it easier to skill up Tradeskills and buy spells from vendors. It literally doesn't matter for anything else you actually need to do.
    Volts, Captain Video and Genoane like this.
  12. Rcbauer Augur

It gives forum warriors such as yourself a reason to show you know it all.
  13. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Oh. Well that's pretty cool then.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

15. Risiko Augur

lol that friend of yours ;)
  16. Veshzan New Member

They r still in rathe mountain botting away! all automated. You can park a charm hill giant and watch them chain nuke it all day long! Would be nice if something actually gets done for onces.
  17. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Probably a DBG employee supplementing their income.
    Protius and YourNameHere like this.
  18. C3lowz Augur

The only people affected by this are Krono farmers. So Krono farms crying about a big time Krono farmer is quite funny.

I have a well paying job, whenever I need extra plat I buy 1-3 Kronos and am good. Have fun with the Drama guys. I'm enjoying the real part of the game.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Some may argue that you are subsidizing the toxicity.
    kjempff likes this.
  20. Proh New Member

I think they have joined forces.

I have seen Meredith charm giants and run them to the necros, drop charm for them to kill it. So it might be the case of cant beat them, so join up and help the cause
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.