<Dev Question> Re: Cleave Stacking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, May 1, 2019.

1. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

As most people know, most of the time when a certain buff to your abilities falls in the same "slot" on the spell, these items do not stack.

For example, AC buffs. If the "Increase AC by xxx" falls in slot 12 in the spell description, and another buff is added, with that same spell description in slot 12, they do not stack. I know that slots 1-11 of Cleave does not stack (i.e. you cannot have Cleave I on two items and get 80% increased critical chance.

My question is: Would slot 12 on the effect Cleave IX - 10, which reads "Increase Damage Bonus by 10 with All Skills" stack with slot 12 of other items with the Cleave IX - 10 effect? Basically, would wearing 5 Items with the Cleave IX - 10 effect result in an effective damage bonus of 50 with all skills? If it does work this way, why? Is this because it is a worn item? Or because its a damage bonus on a worn item? I do know that most damage bonus Buffs/Disciplines do NOT work this way.

Thank you :)
  2. jeskola pheerie

3. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Are we allowed to post selfies on here?
    Cool pic bro. I'm going to guess that since you responded with a GIF and not an actual response, that means the content was above your pay grade (Read: Math is hard). Or maybe there is just generally nothing to do anymore on Ragefire, so you took a break from making multiple useless daily posts to come in here and add zero intelligence to the conversation. Fortunately for me there is plenty to do in my life, so I only occasionally come here to ask a question. You will probably respond to this and call me another name, or maybe, since I am sure this post will trigger you, you will launch into some incoherent rant. I don't care either way.

Thanks for the laugh though :)
    jeskola likes this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

This is the appropriate forum for phinny server questions, but you may get a faster reply from live players (or devs? doubtful) in veterans forum on this question.
    McJumps likes this.
  5. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Yeah I had thought of that, but only after I had posted here. Want to give this thread a chance first before I hit up Vet forums or something else with a duplicate post, ya know?
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

This has been brought up many times over the years. As to whether there was a patch I'm forgetting, or if they will ever change their minds, I don't know, but:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/cleave-question.3575/

A then-developer (Chandrok) posted in that thread that it was known and did not at that time reach the threshold for warranting a change.
    McJumps likes this.
  7. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Thanks for the info Qbert. Still would like a response from a Dev just in case something has changed in the past 6 years, ya know? :)
  8. Baldur Augur

Or you could get a couple cultural augs and try it out yourself and parse it to see.

It does still stack, what that dev said 6 years ago is still accurate today.

It is very minor though, as most focus increases seem to be any more on Phinny. Depends on class, but I want to say 10 was ~30 more dps.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Last time I cleave stacked was in TDS, as of then it worked giving the expected bonus per piece.
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

I just did the math off a burn parse on The Gatekeeper from Convorteum tonight. For our top parsing rogue tonight on that, the damage bonus from one extra cultural cleave aug (IX - 10) would've added a total of 45 DPS for them, based on their number of hits. Even if you put them in every non-essential melee slot (let's say head, 2x wrists, gloves, boots) then you're only looking at 225 DPS total gained, which is well within the bounds of RNG on Phinny at this point in progression.
  11. Taladir Augur

Your overreaction here says a lot more about you than him.
  12. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

And you posting in the middle of the night tells me everything I need to know about you, sir. Thanks for the bump though.
    Jeskola, who is a regular poster here, understood my post was mostly in jest, with no malice intended, as was his. If you look closely we both "liked" each others posts. Its a shame you were too dull to pick up on that.

Yeah. A small DPS increase, max of about 500 DPS (even on burns) is what most of my data is telling me. IMO not enough to worry about. Besides, when you look at the gear side by side, you lose out on plenty of AC, HP and some heroic STR. Not to mention no use of an Emblem. Maybe it will get better in HoT or VoA, but for now I just don't think its worth the trade-off in survive-ability. At least not for monks anyhow. Maybe other classes get more benefit from it, I don't know.
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

Yeah I agree. Loss of hstr/hdex/survival doesn't seem worth it. I forget though, does the damage bonus apply to kicks and strikes? Gains would be bigger with monks in that case.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

How do you know where he lives?