Empyr raid fix ETA??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Horyuken Augur

Can you remove he pre request for the generals so we don't lose two raids here ?
  2. Trafthek Lorekeeper

Can you hotfix it so it drops no loot, coin, or flags? Then maybe players would be able to replicate it, then we're only down one raid.
    adetia likes this.
  3. Derresh Augur

Have you tried clearing all the trash mobs around empyr #1?
  4. Prathun Developer

The logic that determines raid success was rewritten, which has a high probability of fixing the problem. This has passed peer testing. The next step is QA verification.
    Endaar, Pred, Arraden and 4 others like this.
  5. Axxius Augur

The current 'hot fix' does that already. No NPC = no loot, no coin, no flags ;)
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Arraden Augur

Fingers crossed!!
    Thanks for the update.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But it does not allow you to do the group mission or the Generals raid.

Missing 2 raids is really going to hurt those trying to flag for T3.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

yes.
    And not clearing
    and attacking and feigning off
    and attacking and using a fade ability
    and using agro ability to start
    and just attacking
    and attacking more than one
    and letting first attacker die (resulted in normal reset)
    and letting first attacker die and immediately replacing with another combatant
    and starting with a warrior
    and starting with a shaman
    and starting with an enchanter.
    and many combinations of the above where the combinations make sense. And probably a few things I've forgotten.

in all cases I would get normal raid behavior.

I promise. I have tried a significant amount of things, and have not been able to reproduce it.

Thus the mentioned rewrite of success condition.

before: Controller checked if all bosses are dead (Super weird because they are obviously alive when you guys are getting the false win!)
    after: each boss sets a variable on the controller when it dies. When all 4 variables are true, WIN!

(Controller checks this every 5 seconds... so it might have up to a 5 second delay from last boss death. This was true with the previous method.)
  9. Duder Augur

When could we expect the raid giver be back on Live? currently is not there on BB
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thought

When Ecclescake didn't get a reset it was by someone who had a loot lockout
    When I agroed Oblate I didn't have a loot lockout.
    Could the loot lockout be giving it a false reading ?
  11. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Ngreth,

Does the raid act the same way on test server? If so , maybe invite a guild to log on to test server, like we did in beta and have them try to show you what happens. At least that way if they can re-create the issue, then you would have logs to look at for troubleshooting purposes.

Kurage
  12. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I have 2 seperate logs from this event Monday night, one from my Necro who was still at the banner when the event depopped and one from my cleric who rushed in with the Main Tank, I should have every spell cast/ability that occured prior/during and post engage if you'd like the logs
  13. Kolani Augur

I think Yinla might have something here, both times it happened to us, it was people with loot lockouts.
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

none of us had loot lockouts either time when it happened to us.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I've tested it with and without loot lockout. Still always got a raid.
    And that portion of the raid doesn't check lockouts. those are only checked "on spawn"

we tested on Staging (a internal live replica) and still could not reproduce it.

We didn't test on live because that is majorly disruptive to the server we would be trying it on.
  16. Rafajafar New Member

Hey Ngreth,

Sounds like a tough one. Devs on this game as pretty seasoned and know their tools, but I'd like to throw out some tactics that helped me in the past. In my experience, when something suddenly stops working after a patch and it's not immediately identifiable, a review of all changes, no matter how small, in context of the bug often isolates the root cause of the issue. If it does not, an integrity check of the push to make sure everything was migrated over properly and nothing is missing can help as well. If that still does not isolate the issue, determining if there are any environmental differences could be helpful. Last ditch would be to do a full clone of an environment known to cause the issue and use logs to do a full replay of the scenario. This last option likely isn't available, but in case it is, it's worth a shot.

I guess the recompense for us getting all the achievements and free keys on Reparm is that we have to miss a week or two. Sucks bad but is what it is.

--Rafa
  17. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Fwiw, our instance ended shortly after casting Curate's retort on Eccles, he immediately aggroed the cleric who cast it (After already being engaged and aggro locked by a Tank), last line of logs is Lisard getting healed by curate's retort heal, does anyone recall if the RDS portion ever stuck prior to this last patch? I feel like it didn't.

To clarify, not even sure it did this time, the heal is from the PC buff, but we've always had that on people, I just seem to recall the RDS not landing and perhaps if it is now it's conflicting with their permabuffs
  18. Lifeshriek Augur

So, I remember hearing that there are some invisible NPCs that cast Billow at least in the group version of this raid that are near where the bosses spawn in the mission/raid. Is it possible that in the raid version these NPCs are incorrectly flagged as the bosses instead of Ecclesisastic, Sacerdot, etc or maybe share some code between the two that is messing something up?
  19. Eryssel Journeyman

Raid worked completely normal again for Symphony of Arms on FV, 5/4. Ty devs!!!!!!!!!1
  20. Cailen Augur

Just did it.... worked properly for us
    Prathun and Ngreth Thergn like this.