The Debuff Slot Crisis - Who to Blame and How to Fix

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Belkar_OotS, Apr 29, 2019.

1. smash Augur

If I should come with something that might work, it would be that there some sort of object the mob inherits,which have a variable that contain the number of debuffs/buffs a mob can have, would be nice if a raid mob is from a certain expansion it could have increased buff slots.

But doubt it is so easy to change, but if so,only few mobs would have the increased buff/debuff slots, at first put into tbl raid mobs, and that could slowly be implemented and see how it effects the memory use, and see if memory skyrock, then make fallback to less slots. But could first try to put on the doomfire guardian.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Only real fix is to fix whatever pile of garbage code they have that lags the server if you bump the number of debuff slots from 97 to oh, I don't know, ULONG_LONG_MAX.

Failing that their best chance at a designer level is to make an effort to:
    1. Consolidate debuffs: It seems like just saying hi to a mob turns their debuff list into a CVS receipt.

Does my shaman's Turgur's Swarm really need to cast three debuffs on the mob (languid bite if I'm lucky, diminishment and insects)? Maybe it can just be one?

Does my warrior really need to have a Burning Shout, Call of Challenge, Gut Punch, Knee Strike, and Throat Jab debuffs? Maybe just combine those effects into a new version of Shield Sunder and let me delete that crap from my 11 hotbars.

2. Stop making new abilities with debuffs.

3. Consolidate the DoTs for necros/sks, and consolidate everyone even further. Cut my shaman some slack and get rid of Erogo's Curse, Nectar of Suffering and Rirwech's Affliction (or make them not stack with the other shaman DoTs). I'd gladly take it if the DoTs that remained were moved back to what they were pre-nerf. Maybe my beastlord can just have one DoT he casts instead of 3.
  3. kizant Augur

They really should just start by consolidating 1 spell and see how it goes and how much is involved. Then do another. Even if they only do 4 a year it would at least help and get there eventually.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Yes, because otherwise if they are immune to one effect, it blocks them all.
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. Tappin Augur

For the sake of easy math, I am going to say mobs allow for 96 debuff slots. With an average raid being approximately 48 people, that implies that each person is allowed about 2 debuffs.

I am not going to break it down by class, but it's safe to assume a debuff consolidation isn't going to approve things much.

We simply need more debuff slots or a creative solution.
  6. Ibudin Augur

All your debuff slots below to me, and I do my best to fill them all up each and every raid!!
  7. Allayna Augur

I've seen many good ideas from among these posts.

Stacking the dots on 1 debuff slot with "counters".
    Anything that doesn't "need" to go on the mob, should go in a song window. (aggro reduction/increasing abilities etc)
    Consolidation of debuffs, druids for example.

I would love to see some progress in this area of debuff limits because it definitely affects everyone who raids at any level of the game.
  8. Strumph Augur

This would be a perfect time to mention it...
    Yinla likes this.
  9. sauron3030 Elder

Nerfing scent of terris for good reason was their attempt of freeing up buff slots, by getting people to stop playing necros.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Beastlords; delete the beastlord class.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why would you delete the best class out there?
    kizant likes this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Is there a stacking issue with Elemental Arrows?
  14. Brohg Augur

Dru Season's Wrath AA is stronger on their shared best-works SPA296, 14-25% vs ElemArrow's 10-20%, but 5min cool down not 3min. The combo of Glacial+Volatile is 9-15%. If practical, dru & rng should coordinate these to not waste cool downs & debuff slots
    Tarvas likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Necro dot revamp has to happen basically.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why this didn't happen 4 expansion ago when guilds were pinging the detrimental spell limit is beyond me.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Appreciate the info. Thank you.
  19. Raptour_MT Elder

Turn some of those necro dots into nukes. If they don't have dot's to take up slots problem fixed.
  20. Qbert Gallifreyan

IF DoT cast
    AND no debuff slot for it to land
    THEN convert to rain dd for same duration

That's be funny :p