Type 18 drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Monkman Augur

Okay, so between Wednesday’s patch and Fridays hotfix, something was adjusted. I’m well aware of the droughts of The RNG but to go from almost 1 every other namer to nothing over 2-3 days seems fishy. Something was adjusted yes?
  2. Tucoh Augur

I got a steady stream of type 18s this weekend in TBL / GMM. Even got a Whispering Midnight Enhancement.
  3. feeltheburn Augur

got a hikma and dire along with the group type one yesterday...was a good day
  4. Monkman Augur

When I’m wrong I’m wrong, literally not ten minutes after posting this got a WM assaulting magic grats alt ranger :)

GMM namers have a chance to drop them?
  5. Morthakia Augur

Whispering Midnight drop rate seems reasonable to me (off trash). I’ve gotten a few, although unfortunately not really the ones I’ve been looking for. Maybe it’s just me, but Enhancement / Soothing seems SO much rarer than Protecting/Warding/Casting/Defending. This was certainly the case for the type 19s. I’ve probably seen 15+ Blazing Euphoria Casting / Warding / Protecting and only 1 Soothing and 2 Enhancement. In fact, even had one raid where I got 5 Blazing Euphoria Protecting Magic (pre-patch drop rate nerf).
  6. Duder Augur

I don't even know where to start, I have now given away, conservatively, 100-120 type 18s since I began the pursuit for ONE enhancement, sigh
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

And make no mistake - there may be no single player that has spent more time farming 18's. Duder is a common spawn in Aalishai on Bristlebane haha
  8. Whulfgar Augur

I believe gmm is now considered TBL zone.

I know that earlier today I got 2 dif power sources from the same named camp in gmm .

I've personally not seen any type 18s drop in gmm but that does not mean they don't.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Augs are like busses, killed a few named and nothing, then 2 drop at once!
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

Per Ngreth:
    There seems to be a new bug with global loot... I'll get good testing steps and give them to the code team. (The steps use some internal commands. I don't need extra feedback. I can confirm that there is a bug)
    svann likes this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

GMM had a general problem with droping global loot (The 18's are global loot)
    The hotfix today put in a band aid fix on the global drops until we can get a server down to fix the full issue.
    Fanra, Tarvas, kizant and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jondalar Augur

I was posting about empyr/aalashai etc. That's where many groups so 0 type 18s with 10/15/18/7 named kills.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The existing named drop chance didn't change. I actually ADDed a small chance for every NPC (which includes rares) to drop type 18s in the second tier TBL zones.
  14. Axxius Augur

1) Is GMM a TBL zone?
    2) Is GMM a TBL T2 zone?
  15. Duder Augur

And Ngreth, I thankyou very much for the added drops, though I haven't seen any yet, I appreciate any increase to their drop rate. Nevertheless, ill still be camping this enhancement for years to come I think.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

yes yes
    Axxius likes this.
  17. ShadowMan Augur

I have a feeling this is going to end up like the expansion rare drops conversation. Where the players say one thing and you see another but it turns out it wasn't working as intended.

But there was a drastic difference in drop rate the first 2 to 3 days before that Friday Hotfix happened. Now its back to sorta how it was prior were you could kill 20 named and be lucky to see 1. I know the RNG can be fickle but to add some numbers Weds and Thurs we killed 24 named and saw 11 slot 18's drop in Mearatas. Post that Friday hotfix and we have probably killed about 32 named and gotten 1 slot 18. Small sample size but thats a drastic difference but from the comments above it seems a lot of others have seen something similar.
  18. Duder Augur

I can attest to it seeming unchanged at worst, better at best, I have seen quite a few drops, that 2nd drop equates to a 2nd roll to drop one, so that is a dramatic increase, of which I seem to be experiencing
  19. Natal Augur

The Devs have access to the server data, so they know exactly how many augs are dropping.

You, on the other hand, do not.
  20. ShadowMan Augur

I did say it was a small sample size and that the RNG can be a pain but you are correct I cant see the numbers everywhere. However they also had that data for rares and told us everything was exactly the same as RoS and EoK only it wasn't.