Fishing Tradeskill broken??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ternarissa, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Ternarissa Journeyman

I've performed over 3,000 combines for Conflagrant Fish Scales (348 trivial) and nearly 400 combines for Swatches (318) and not a SINGLE increase in my fishing skill?? Stuck at 216/250...

Or is this one of those when you hit the normal cap you only increase with new recipe type deals??
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

200-250 is the learn all new recipes zone.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Fishing is the one skill with lower maximum level. It's because you would spill your beer too much otherwise :).
  4. smash Augur

Seems you lack knowledge about how TS works. At least how it is when you get above 200 fishing, and above 300 in the other TS.

When you get to 200 in fishing, you cannot advance your fishing skill anymore, by doing massive amount of combines on same recipe.

Instead you have to do a lot of different recipes, there around 250 different fishing recipes(not sure about precise number), but you need to do around 200-250 different fishing recipes, to get to 250. So for each fishing skill, you need to do 2-5 DIFFERENT recipes, and it need to say you learned that recipe.

The same is true for all the other TS, when above 300.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And you have to buy the AAs which unlock those skill gains, one tradeskill and 5 points at a time.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Nah hun.. Fishing leveling the normal way caps at 200.. 200-250 is the learn every. single. bloody. recipe. Which for fishing, isn't that bad. Not like . RESEARCH.. it's not about AA..
  7. svann Augur

Fishing Mastery 13/13
    Its not just about baiting anymore.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have no idea what you're actually saying.

But, yes, you DO have to purchase the AA ranks to get above 200 in fishing (above 300 in everything else).
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Elyssanda likes this.