Live Update Bugs 04/17/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 17, 2019.

1. svann Augur

Check with taskmanager if your memory is almost all used. If so, then windows also reverted something else recently, at least for me.
    see the regedit fix for NDU:
  2. Muligan New Member

World denying my request :(

Muligan - Selos
  3. Kelandi Elder

Pet spells/procs are being displayed in chat windows (white text below) even with "Pet Spells" and "NPC Spells" set to Hide. This applies to any pet: mage, necro and chanter charmed.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Also, can't seem to Hide "Direct Damage (Others)" in options. The drop down is there, but it's blank:
    Definitely had these Hidden before patch, now there's a ton of DD spam from others (including weapon procs).

[IMG]
    Thrillho, Rolaque and Xeladom like this.
  4. Daktarr Lorekeeper

I have a similar issue to the above post on pet spells. Going to the options menu and changing the Spell Criticals to "Mine only" does absolutely nothing. IMOHO it should turn off the (Lucky, Critical, Twincast) message.
  5. Kevlin0214 New Member

Killing mobs in static zone in GMM for a few hours yielded no Gnomework Adaptive Plating, where before I would see 1 per 3-5 kills on clockworks.

This was on Bristlebane tonight.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Was fighting in gmm and the radiance belt proc is suppose to be 25% slow right. I clicked the crippling snare on the mob and it say 4% is this right?

Andarriel
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yup same here nothing :(

Andarriel
  8. Mesil Lorekeeper

Same on AB, no clockwork ornaments, no adaptive plating.
  9. Morthakia Augur

Ngreth — I didn’t see it in the patch notes, but should Descending Moon gear now be dropping as expected from TBL mobs? You mentioned a week or two ago that an issue you identified with TBL mobs was also affecting Descending Moon drops. It has only been a couple of days so I wouldn’t expect to have gotten a drop by now, just curious if it has been addressed.

To the community: Has anyone seen any Descending Moon drops since the last patch in places like Aalishai, Mearatas, Empyr, etc. ? Or even GMM?
  10. Cindane Journeyman

I've done Darkness Howls and Ironing out the Legion over and over and not seen any Gnomework Adaptive Plating drop except the first week the zone was released. Even then, I only have a total of 2 of them. The clockwork ornaments, same - have only seen two drop, on the AB server. Also working through GMM partisan quests, same result.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Any update (or acknowledgement at least?!) on this? So brutally annoying resetting all chat windows and inventory bag positions EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. :(
    Is there a workaround or something? corrupted file?
    Rancid likes this.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm going to have to poke code. The data is good, but I also don't see them. The plating is common enough it should be there. the Couture is rare enough that 200 kills or 6 hours could miss it with reasonable odds. The odds of not getting the plating in that time is vanishingly small.
    Yes. It should be. It's still and ultra rare... a few in 10000 kills... on average.
  13. Frael Elder

14. Morthakia Augur

As always, thank you Ngreth, for both resolving this issue and the transparency.

Can you share roughly what the expected drop rate should be for the type 18 augs from the basepop? Just want to know what the parameters are set at so I can give feedback if I experience something different that is statistically significant. For example, I was killing in Mearatas and got 2 type 18 augs in a matter of 3 hours. Conversely, I spent 5+ hours doing Snails in Empyr and saw nothing. Obviously the sample sizes are too tiny to drive any conclusions, but I’m trying to assess if all spawns are behaving as expected. Again, thank you, and no worries if you aren’t comfortable sharing drop rate expectations for type 18 augs.
  15. Derka Power Ranger

How do you exit the game? Camp or /exit? It sounds like a corrupted ini file since it isnt affecting the whole population.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Both, happens in either case as well as client or wifi crashing (which I suppose is equivalent to /ex?)
    Any particular ini you think? Can it be fixed or deleted/ recreated? Would hate to delete everything, re-install, re-setup all hotkeys and macros and then still have the issue.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He may not be able to camp out. There is another glitch that does not allow you to log out properly if you have been logged in longer than 3-4 hours. When you camp it will take you to a black screen and only by waiting about 15 minutes do you get the rest of the log out screen which still does not acknowledge the logout but takes you back to the old log in screen and even if you click cancel on that one it doesn't always work.

When you get the black screen you can click the X in the upper right corner which closes that screen but it skips the entire log out process. This I think is why peoples chat windows and ui's are resetting. Many people have this problem not just this poster.
    Elonia likes this.
  18. Derka Power Ranger

This worked for someone and making it read only shouldn't put you at risk of having to reset it all. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/eqclient-ini-getting-reset-every-login.248775/

I understand your hesitance to redo it lol my UI is a mess but up until my chat tab filters resetting Wednesday, I have only had to deal with a daily disappearing quest overlay since it came out. I had a petition once tell me to delete all the ui files related to that toon but never did
  19. si-danger New Member

We've all been there...
  20. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

FYI, the new mounts added on Selo are Chain(100k) speed, not Silk(60k) like you listed.