Which class to 110 to PL my own other chars?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kenshon, Apr 18, 2019.

1. kenshon Journeyman

Between these two -- ranger, warrior -- which would be fastest at PLin my other lower chars by just grouping with them in higher zones?

I'm thinking ranger for headshot. Is that right?

Outside of those two, which class is fastest?
  2. phattoni Augur

ranger would pl faster, can pl more too by sitting out of group pulling large packs of mobs, vinelashing them then having the alt do 1 point of dmg to each mob, then popping dmg shield and killing all the mobs, at higher levels you get headshot, as long as you keep your gear up to date at the higher end it has a very good proc rate.

just make sure you dual wield lightstones or non dmging items in primary and secondary, otherrwise ripostes will kill the mobs you are trying to ds kill.

there is actually an instance in pok you can use so you dont even need to move anywhere, have the alt get the instance, then zone in, then dz add the ranger and do the vinelash ds kill stuff, rinse repeat, should get a few levels per instance, and it takes about 5 mins or less to clear the instance. can level to 80 in a few hours from level 1.
  3. kenshon Journeyman

Thanks! I'd be trying to PL a few heroics up from 85. Will a 110 ranger be able to DS tank effectively without getting smashed?
  4. phattoni Augur

group the ranger with the 85 and head to FM i think it was, can get him to 90+ in a few hours using hs.

this will also advance the ranger a good bit too, at level 106 or so i was getting 2-3 aa per hs mob with a level 90 in group.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

The toon that pulls get more xp in FM, due to a bug. So make sure to pull with the toon you want to PL, carefully...
  6. kenshon Journeyman

Thanks! That sounds....dangerous. Basically I can't get touched right?

Sounds like I better get really good at alt-tabbing, or get my warrior toon a bow and arrow... his range aggro taunt would get me flattened instantly...
  7. phattoni Augur

some of the mobs have a spin stun, and it can mess you up a bit, if the mobs get to the ranger they wont really kill him quick since they are extremely weak for some reason, but they will damage him quite a bit. as a ranger i was able to tank the even con goblins with just my heal merc out, and didnt die, and im not raid geared, hh seb geared.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Correct, ranged attack with low toon at good range, immediate attack thereafter with high toon. This is theorycraft for me, I haven’t done it (yet).
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If the toon is level 85 I don't even mess with all the pulling shenanigans in FM. Simply group and pull with the 105 - 110 ranger and have at it. Sooner rather than later you will have the PL toon at 110. There are about five camps (3x Sarnaks, 2x goblins) that you can camp. If for some reason all those camps are taken head to the Gates and kill Sarnaks there.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

Probably a better idea than mine.
  11. Alarya Augur

For lower levels, nothing beats SK swarm with a nice DS!
    Tarvas likes this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

FM is a great place to PL lvl 85s. Once you hit 106, things slow down a bit. Move to Chardok or OT at 106.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tarvas like this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Nah, it probably works, but I have a tendency to kill my boxes quick like so it probably wouldn't workout for me.

Its a grind for sure, but if you get lesson and the 10x exp potions from whatever expansion it was that gives them it makes things move along. But yeah, post 105 things to start to slow down. I think it takes about four or five lessons depending on throughput to get through 109. Maybe more, depending on camp, but not much.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

I could be wrong but I am fairly certain they nerfed the xp in the hatchery wing a while back to prevent people from using it for PL purposes. It was my go to zone for PL up toons as I could pop a lesson or a pot on the lower level and not have to waste any of the time during pulls or going afk. It was nothing to get 5 toons to level 60 in an evening and then from level 60-80 in another evening but I am pretty sure they made this zone obsolete for doing this.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They did.
  16. phattoni Augur

that sucks, i havent tried it in over a year :(
  17. phattoni Augur

so what is the path 1-80 now??
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I tried it a month or so back and was getting like two to three levels a pull in the hatchery before I grew bored at 35ish. The lesson was still at like 25 minutes.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

Xp dies at 70 in hatchery. A bit before, actually.
    Tarvas likes this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

I wonder if GMM is better than FM for leveling 85+ toons now. I was running a circuit this morning of Fractured Sweeper->Breaker->Trolog to get the 2H drop and it seemed good.