Merging Live server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sentinal, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Sentinal Journeyman

Please do it merge some live servers.
    Naldithar likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

Oh, another server merge thread.
  3. Password1234 Augur

4. Mediik Augur

Yes please.
    Naldithar likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

nope. server merges suck. I experienced both of the previous merges and I saw people drop like flies and leave for other games out of irritation. If no one is grouping with you now well zero multiplied by any number is still going to be zero
    Prepared, CatsPaws and Teylana like this.
  6. Alarya Augur

They'd rather you pay for a server transfer so they can pay bills.
    jeskola and Naldithar like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would rather they open a new server where, when you play there, you play for free with full benefits. You can /buff yourself to max level, and try out all the latest and greatest things Norrath has to offer.

Oh, they already have this!
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am in favor of server mergers but I have no idea what makes Daybreak decide yay or nay. Profits sure but other then that......
    snailish and Naldithar like this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Can we just merge all the server merge threads instead, and call it a day?
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

That, and immediately proceed to lock the thread.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

I'd rather get another expansion on par with TBL.. then them waste time and resources trying to merge servers..

If nobody will play with you on your own server.. you suck .. merging servers won't help the suck.. sorry not sorry..
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Rather than the take the unnecessarily aggressive stance that some of these folks are, I'll agree that it's probably approaching time for another round of mergers.

It has nothing to do with "not finding people to play with," that's just folks resorting to personal attacks because they have no other reasoning for being against something. The game is dying. We all know this. People are quitting constantly. This means that the available pool to refresh guild rosters (especially in the midtiers) is shrinking. The only way to help solve this in any way is server mergers. It's not a perfect solution and doesn't always work for some guilds, but it does help.
    Naldithar likes this.
  13. Tutankamen Augur

They don't have the staff to handle issues with server mergers... there is absolutely no reason to do this either if they make server transfers free for a week. or just pay for it, as it helps keep the game open anyway.
    Prepared likes this.
  14. GNOME_POWER Augur

Tutankamen likes this.
  15. Naldithar New Member

Agreed. I just came back to EQ a few weeks ago after taking a 4 year break. I'm lucky if I find one person that wants to tag along with my 110 box crew every now and then. And I play almost every day in one of the most active guilds on my server. I'd prefer to just play one toon but it's hard to send /tells to groups when those groups don't exist because the zones are always empty. If server transfers weren't so expensive I'd go to FV.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Cadira Augur

Aren't server transfers to fv....free?
  17. Naldithar New Member

Not anymore IIRC
  18. Cadira Augur

Interesting, didn't know they changed that. I assume zek is still free.
  19. code-zero Augur

They attempted to merge Fippy and Vulak, it went very badly. I hope that they learned their lesson and never attempt server merges ever again
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Okay who had April 2019 as the date for the next Server Merger thread pool? I was so close I had May.