Mangler Expansion Unlock Schedule

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldaf, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Haldaf New Member

I know for Phinny somebody had a google sheet. anybody have that link to share? Or can the Dev's post like what they did for Selos... copy pasted their post below..

Correcting my data (It should make the April Patch, though it's not critical until the May patch)

it will look like:
    Progression: Selo: PoP Unlocks 5/1/2019
    Progression: Selo: LoY Unlocks 5/1/2019
    Progression: Selo: LDoN Unlocks 6/5/2019
    Progression: Selo: GoD Unlocks 7/3/2019
    Progression: Selo: OoW Unlocks 8/7/2019
    Progression: Selo: DoN Unlocks 9/4/2019
    Progression: Selo: DoD Unlocks 10/2/2019
    Progression: Selo: PoR Unlocks 11/6/2019
    Progression: Selo: TSS Unlocks 12/4/2019
    Progression: Selo: TBS Unlocks 1/1/2020
    Progression: Selo: SoF Unlocks 2/5/2020
    Progression: Selo: SoD Unlocks 3/4/2020
    Progression: Selo: UF Unlocks 4/1/2020
    Progression: Selo: HoT Unlocks 5/6/2020
    Progression: Selo: VoA Unlocks 6/3/2020
    Progression: Selo: RoF Unlocks 7/1/2020
    Progression: Selo: CotF Unlocks 8/5/2020
    Progression: Selo: TDS Unlocks 9/2/2020
    Progression: Selo: TBM Unlocks 10/7/2020
    Progression: Selo: EoK Unlocks 11/4/2020
    Progression: Selo: RoS Unlocks 12/2/2020
    Progression: Selo: TBL Unlocks 1/6/2021
  2. Telvanus Journeyman

Check the in-game calendar.
  3. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

4. Dabrixmgp Augur

nice only like 18 months until i can actually start raiding the content I missed
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

There are other, much faster moving servers if you're looking for that content sooner.
  6. Guzzle Augur

Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  7. Rolento23 Journeyman

8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

12 weeks per expansion from classic to GoD. LoY is bundled with PoP. After GoD, any expansion that has a level increase is 12 weeks and any without a level increase is 8 weeks.
  9. Guzzle Augur

I cross referenced all the way to Luclin (which is as far as I could go I think) with a guildie with the in game calendar at the time.
  10. Pappasalt Augur

Got it, Mangler dead around May or June when next server comes out with slightly adjusted xp rates.
  11. a_librarian Augur

FV loot TLP 2020 HYPE
  12. TWittig New Member

13. Big_Astos Journeyman

We need an official comment from a dev on this.

Also /calendar in game gives a 6 hour window of 4pm-10pm for the unlock on June 5. This is unusual because normally expansions unlock at a specific time.
  14. Captain Video Augur

Expansions NEVER unlock in their entirety at a specific time. A script has to run to populate all the new zones with their NPCs, add new NPCs to existing zones, etc etc. It generally takes at least a few hours for this process to occur. For a very large expansion like PoP, devs can budget six hours. It might be done in a little less. The alternative is for them to shutdown the entire server for that length of time.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Do people just pull this out of their ? PoP unlocked within minutes you were able to get to PoK and PoT if you were lucky before the jam. All the zones were populated and you were able to zone in and kill Gryme within 15mins on Coirnav.
  16. Guzzle Augur

Yes, that's because they unlock on the same day, an hour apart.
  17. Captain Video Augur

So maybe they've optimized the scripts more recently, it wasn't nearly that fast on Phinny. I don't play on Coirnav. The point is there are scripts, it doesn't all happen instantly, never did. Conceptually it's no different from when servers go down for monthly patches; in that instance it could be a few hours, it could be 10-12 hours, the devs always give their best guesstimate for how long it will take. We've all been there.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Apparently. The key is to carry a clipboard.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Phinny was a cluster****. Remember doors that wouldn't open for hours because of all the lag? Completely overwhelmed hardware was the problem, not "unlock scripts".