GMM belt complaint and solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Way to go dingus! (In my best Dr. Steve Brule voice)
  2. Xorsazis Augur

Aren't most mobs in game slow capped at 35% anyways? Or did they do away with the whole, "Your spell was only partially successful."
  3. Bamboompow Augur

Why nerf this? Was there a massive outcry from Chanters, Shaman and Bards that their slowing role is being infringed? Since....they don't do other tasks other than that? Or is it just due to casters being butt chapped that the choices for other class archetypes are perceived to be "superior" compared to their offerings? So in true DBG fashion it shall be deemed that making everyone's belts shall equally suck is the best solution to this issue?

WTG, player community! Thanks the F alot! Nothing like a tantrum/cryfest to bring out group punishment derived from daycare centers when the employees there can't figure out which kid smeared poop on the wall.

If tendon slice is gutted across the board than (yes this might be a first world problem) the ability to tank multiple mobs will be someone diminished for no real reason at all. Slow group equipped players down maybe since they are just ripping through content at a pace that might raise the eyebrows of raiders? Its not like the slow proc did much for raid encounters but it sure is nice in a group setting.
  4. Frael Elder

I suspect the Devs like to give their kids the toy they've been begging for all month, then the next day make them watch as they burn it in front of them. They just don't like us having nice things. Maybe they get a perverse joy out of punishing the player base for being such whiny b*tches half the time.

Revert the effect to Tendon Slicer, at least the belts will still be usable.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Israfel Elder

I’m not trying to make any specific point here, but I think it’s cute that you included “bards” on your list. While technically true that we can slow, I’m not so sure I’d call it a “role” of the bard class. At least not for a long while. Most bards have probably shelved Requiem of Time in groups and solo.
  6. Bamboompow Augur

Right. They have better things to do. Enchanters and Shaman do as well. Farming this menial task out to a belt proc might let them use some of the other multitudes of option in their spell books.
  7. Allayna Augur

Chain Linked Drive Belt
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=161226

[46589] Crippling Slicer
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3m+ (30 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    2: Cast: Crippling Snare on Skill Use (350)
    3: Limit Skill: Block
    4: Limit Skill: Dodge
    5: Limit Skill: Parry
    6: Limit Skill: Riposte

[46591] Crippling Snare
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic
    Reflectable: No
    Duration: 7.5m+ (75 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    2: Decrease Melee Haste by 50%
    3: Increase Disease Counter by 25
    4: Decrease DEX by 105
    5: Decrease AGI by 115
    6: Decrease STR by 115
    7: Decrease AC by 45

Lost Gypsy Belt
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=161227

[46590] Treaded Boon of Potential
    Duration: 2.8h+ (1650 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Damage v2 by 5000 (After Crit)
    2: Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating
    4: Limit Type: Detrimental
    5: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    6: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    7: Cast: Holy Soothing on Spell Use (Base1=10) e.g. Cast Time 2s=2.5% 3s=3.3% 4s=5.0% 5s=6.7%
    8: Limit Effect: Current HP
    9: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating
    10: Limit Effect: Exclude Max HP
    11: Limit Type: Beneficial
    12: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    13: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills

[50839] Holy Soothing
    Target: Target Group
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    1: Increase Current HP by 5000

Dynamometric Timing Chain
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=161228

[46588] Overdrive Boon
    Duration: 3m+ (30 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 500 (After Crit)
    2: Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating
    4: Limit Max Mana Cost: 0
    5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    7: Limit Min Level: 254
    8: Limit Class: ALL
    9: Limit Max Casting Time: 0s
    10: Cast: Overdrive Punch on Skill Use (250)
    11: Limit Skill: 1H Blunt
    12: Limit Skill: 1H Slash
    13: Limit Skill: 2H Blunt
    14: Limit Skill: 2H Slash
    15: Limit Skill: Hand to Hand
    16: Limit Skill: 1H Pierce
    17: Limit Skill: 2H Pierce

[39913] Overdrive Punch
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -50, Max Resist Chance: 95%
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 1000

Lots of info there folks. This is pre-test patch nerf that will happen Wednesday. The original complaint, or OP for this thread was about why the tendon slicer belt AND overdrive belt were better than the "caster" belt.

What the OP neglected to consider was that the tendon slicer effect only triggers on successful dodge/parry/riposte or block AND is completely useless if you have a enchanter / shaman in your group OR raid.

In reality the tendon slicer belt was the worst belt, but a nice novelty for solo gameplay or in non-ideal group make ups and will become /tribute fodder after Wednesday.

Now look at the other two belts. The one that has Treaded Boon of Potential is clearly the best belt for those hybrids that can heal, I believe that is the belt the OP was complaining was terrible. As a paladin, for instance, adding 5k to each dmg cast AND adding a 5K group heal to each heal will be amazing. The final belt, the one that has melee proc for 1k and casting proc for 500 could easily have been considered the melee hybrid/caster belt as many casters will also melee.

The second two belts you'll notice....would never be inhibited by another classes presence in a group or raid setting. They would always work. But tendon slicer is ALWAYS blocked by shaman/enchanter debuffs on a mob. But thank you for not fully evaluating a piece of gear or its usage before crying for nerfs. I'll be bidding for the caster belt now =p.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. svann Augur

Only because almost all tanks have a slow belt. In groups with a newish tank that hasnt got one (and no ench/sham) I do use it. And when Im tanking non-trivial content - always.
  9. svann Augur

I really cant blame player posts for this nerf. You have to expect that. But the devs made the decision and bear full responsibility. Can we ask why?
  10. Cicelee Augur

For the love of Erollisi Marr, my 3 year old does not throw such salty tantrums as you are.

I wanted the caster belt to be beneficial for INT casters. Period. End of story. Because right now, there is really no benefit for an INT caster to go after a GMM belt except if they want 800 more HP/mana and a couple minute increases to mod2.

I was hoping to get that GMM belt for my monk, since I tend to solo on the monk and having both slow and cripple would be beneficial for the monk. I too lose out now because of this change. So while you can cry salt and blame this thread for making you use two belts now when you solo or box or get a group with you and five zerkers and eliminate the necessity of a shaman or an enchanter to be with you, realize that (a) you are wrong and (b) I too am not happy with the GMM tank belt change and (c) still not happy with no changes to the GMM caster belt.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You should know better, how long have you been here? The Devs NEVER add power from player suggestion. The Devs ALWAYS nerf other things down to the level of said suggestion. I'm not at all saying this thread is totally at fault. I'm just saying don't be shocked when people blame the thread. We've seen this dance many, many times in 20 years.
    adetia, Flatchy, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  12. svann Augur

Why wouldnt you want 800 more HP/mana?
    Flatchy likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

Threads of potential and luck are currently in their pretty decent state because of player feedback. They were intended to be much worse than they are. The vast majority of nerfs are because things really are too powerful and not because someone happen to whine about something unrelated. You're just being silly if you think otherwise.
    IblisTheMage, Whulfgar and Sancus like this.
  14. Cadira Augur

Wait hold the f***ing phone. 800 hp/mana isn't enough of a reason for you to drool over gmm belt? Are you kidding me?

And the 5k increase to spells is and always was awesome, just because you can't make use of a group heal outside of pet heals you decide to make an entire thread to whine about how you don't want to be the only one not getting something you dont need, which the effort was clearly only made to condense the number of belts, and you call others out for throwing tantrums?

The word is irony.
    Flatchy and Whulfgar like this.
  15. Raptour_MT Elder

If the OP was on my server or my guild, I would organize a boycott/blacklist of him in any group. Let him experience a tank merc for his progression and xp needs for the next few expansions.
  16. smash Augur

Maybe easiest solution is just to let the belts have the same kind of effects that been standard in earlier expansions.

Combinations of multiple Things are just too powerful.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

He is right you know
  18. Insaneox Augur

Grats on nerf to the slow/ cripple belt incoming high desire caster belt for knights now.
    Flatchy likes this.
  19. WorriedinNorrath Elder

You dun goofed Cicelee
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Not gonna like this nerf for my ranger. I went from vital to moon's radiance belt. does this mean that the vital belts will get nerfed eventually too?

Andarriel