GMM belt complaint and solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Make the int caster belt a combo of the current DD and the pre-nerf scent of terris as a proc on casts of detrimental spells, or throw a group heal on each detrimental cast proc.
    Littlelegs and Yinla like this.
  2. Anglesy Elder

What? I have mained a cleric for years and unless you're playing on TLP(where this whole thread wouldn't apply) I have no idea how you can have 6 spells in your lineup be nukes without them having conflicting timers unless you're just doing undead content(even then, our normal nuke line, our undead, our chromatic, our pbae, contravention, intervention, and judgment lines still only make 7 + an undead dot). My normal spell lineup for group content looks more like this...
    96 remedy
    101 remedy
    106 remedy
    Dissident Blessing
    Ward of Assurance
    DI
    Word of Greater Restoration
    Syllable of Mending
    Elixir HoT
    Group Elixir
    Curate's Retort
    Shining Fortress
    Issuance of Mercy

For raiding, mostly same lineup depending on event but replace the slower group heal/cure with splash. I have no nukes in my normal lineup unless I'm farming old content or we're doing trivial content where I don't need things like IoM or Ward and I'm standing around bored.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

You should go buy a lottery ticket.
  4. Lubianx Augur

And he would win.
    Have a look at Powerful's post in the test patch notes. The raid tank belt was nerfed on test
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

That was my point. Both belts have the same effect, BTW.
  6. Drogba Augur

Remedies don't crit frequently enough for remedy x3 to be as effective as tossing in some bigger heals like interventions if you're the sole healer in group content. Intervention x3, contravention x3 is presumably what the poster is suggesting is part of their standard lineup. Remedy x3 works better on a tank who is being healed by multiple people/sources in a raid (and to proc alliance), or when certain other abilities are in play to bolster the remedies effectiveness (like increased crit chance). As for DPS; if you were wanting to go ham at DPS, undead or not, you'd have at least 3x inter, 3x contra + unyielding judgement loaded.

I suspect when the player that you're quoting said "If I try and cast a non-nuke spell, it's either too little of healing or too long of a cast time" --that he was referencing remedies/renewals
  7. Parker Elder

What would be the ideal 110 lineup for healing, 1 cleric in group setting, group geared? I've seen a few different theories but your breakdown leads me to believe you at least make a distinction between different scenarios.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

WTB Pizza ordering belt.

Edit: Maybe the raid belt and group belt could differ with the raid belt ordering from different pizza joints.
    Vinjiansai likes this.
  9. Drogba Augur

i sort of have 2-3 default lineups that i use depending on my trust for the tank i'm grouped with. one is remedy, remedy, intevention (3 interventions loaded), the other is inter,contra,inter,contra,inter,contra (if trust that the tank will have aggro on everything, so my contraventions don't go to waste). + the other things up like ward, dicho, syllable, word.

Sometimes I use the heal over time and promised if i'm getting moments where I don't need to heal, sometimes i load 1 contra alongside the remedy, remedy, inter lineup, and manually cast the contra occasionally when i'm confident that it will work. I change it up a fair bit.

I manually override any of these sequences occasionally with things like dicho/syllable(as a single target heal) when i get concerned.
    Parker likes this.
  10. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Word on the street is the tank belt has met the chopping block on test already? If so once again you guys let a "few" opinions dictate your choices on in game decisions. It is either that or you are just not testing properly before releasing it into the game which probably cost a lot of people a bunch of their dkp but don't worry it was only their time you wasted.
    Monkman, Cadira and Allayna like this.
  11. Petalonyx Augur

If so, that would be sad. Constantly swapping slow and cripple belts in order to perform optimally was silly and lame.

I saw this belt not as much of a power increase, but rather a large improvement to tank QoL.
    Xeladom, Kravn, Ssdar and 4 others like this.
  12. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I would just like to add that in comparing these belts you left out the fact that the tank belt is only useful when there is not a shaman or enchanter around. Your caster belt is useful to you 100% of the time
    Xeladom, Sheex, Monkman and 4 others like this.
  13. Dewey Augur

The belt should not have a DD associated with it that you can not turn off. It would be super annoying to have a belt that is supposed to be the best in game, but keep placing it in your bag so that it does not break root.

Please do not add the DD proc on a belt that is supposed to be an upgrade, all it will do is become a situational item that will often sit in one's inventory. This does not sound like a fix and sounds like it would be super annoying to the point where as the belt would not be usable at all due to the annoyance factor. At no time should upgrading a belt nerf another class as this post is suggesting.
  14. menown Augur

Honest question here. How much agro does each proc give to tank classes?
  15. Cannikin Elder

Insignificant. Not even enough to overcome the aggro from 1-2 heals from a healer merc with max aggro reducing AAs.
  16. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

That's a big bump down in terms of slow percentage. Is that across the board for tendon slice? Or, and I didn't even bother to look at the precise name for the slow on the new belts, is there another effect being used?
  18. Cadira Augur

I feel like they could have nerfed the slow to be like...40% and that'd be enough to sway some people towards the 50% regular belt and some towards the Gmm belt instead of making it complete and utter garbage.
    Allayna likes this.
  19. Kravn Augur

Stupid nerf. Leave the slow at 50%, and half the cripple stats if anything. You are taking a nice item and making it stupidly ineffective.
    Allayna and Xeladom like this.
  20. Allayna Augur

2 items from gmm will rot on the regular now....belt and shoulders, with only 9 items dropping from 3 chests....that RNG is pretty atrocious.