Test Update 04/09/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Lianeb Augur

Are you new here?
    The values have changed, that takes input from someone
  2. phaeril Augur

Don't see Summon Corpse changes, is it going to stay lvl 255 to scribe?
  3. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It mostly likely happened because the power balance between the different belts was brought up and reviewed and it was decided that the tank belt was more powerful than they had intended not based on what you asked to happen to the tank belt.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Please reconsider this. All this does is punish guilds without the perfect raid set up.
  6. Ruven_BB Augur

The change on the belt makes it worthless for tanks because the sum of the parts doesn't make it the same benefit as the individual max.

What was regarded as something pretty cool, is now a garbage alt or rot loot. I get the dev's are trying to be more efficient, but the outcome of this is actually less efficient, since this item will be regarded as crap, on a raid that only 3 items drop, so its going to be the booby prize, similar to the shoulders dropping.

When I saw the belt, I thought this was pretty cool, innovative direction the dev's are going.

Ruven
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Ruven_BB Augur

The more I think about it, if the stance is this change is final, just remove the item from the drop list, with 3 drops, is unfair to the raid to get an item that no one will want.

Ruven
    Allayna likes this.
  8. TheStugots Augur

Is Danger Zone (group mission) fixed and can now be completed with an actual group?
  9. Gnomereaper Augur

Would it be possible please to decrease the respawn timer for Planes of Power static raid mobs?
  10. Chopin.Xegony Augur

The Fabled mobs are not spawning in the Warsilk Woods and the collectors drachnid websack and the collectors iksar witch doll are not dropping off any of the mobs.
  11. Taladir Augur

I just wanted to let you guys know about a minor bug I found yesterday. The text in the chat log when lifetaps are casted isn't quite right. This is how it read in 2017:

This is how it reads today:

The portion "You feel your life force drain away" should not display to the player casting the lifetap. This is the message that should be to the player/NPC that is hit by the lifetap. Here is a link to the spell in Magelo to substantiate it.

12. Olyander New Member

Please don't nerf my tank belt I payed good DKP for it!

Seriously, halving (even more on the cripple side) just makes the belt worse than either individual counterpart.

I'd even already tributed my regular slow belt!
  13. Maedhros High King

Very frustrated by the change on the tank belt.
    There was a post where some people brought up the idea that the caster/priest belts needed adjusting but we get a nerf to the tank belt instead. /boggle
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Rumstil Lorekeeper

What does this mean?

Currently we have:

A clockwork mechanic hits Gebarn for 5279 points of damage. (Riposte Strikethrough)

and

A clockwork mechanic tries to hit Gebarn, but Gebarn ripostes!

I'm not even sure what the second one is, is that a riposte that did no damage?

Also, get we get **twinstrike** to show as a mod like twincast does. Currently it's still split onto two lines:

You twinstrike Enraging Wheel Kicks.
    You kick a darkheart ravager for 4933 points of damage.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You're assuming this is the only tank belt that is being nerfed. Bothered checking the others yet? Hoping they didn't nerf them all, but wouldn't be surprised if ALL tank belts get nerfed with the different cripple/slow effects getting nerfed.
  16. Ecchicon Elder

If that change to the belt was intentional, it’s a pretty huge bummer. It’d be nice to see what the thoughts on it were. Perhaps it isn’t the combination of the abilities that are the problem at all, but that the devs are still attempting to power down PCs. In that case, then we will likely see all of the effects reduced.
  17. Brohg Augur

I strongly disapprove of the change because it's exactly the kind that's invisible to those players that don't intimately peruse these forums. It doesn't make their decisions more interesting, it just makes their characters worse.
    Daedly, Olyander and Zinloz like this.
  18. Allayna Augur

Transparency. I thought we were working closer to it and not farther away from it. I agree, Brohg, if the intention was to make a change, make it a posted change in a patch note, not hidden.
    Daedly and Olyander like this.
  19. Olyander New Member

I wouldn't have known about the change unless my friend who reads these told me.
  20. Zyba New Member

Players who log in on their character's birthday will have a rainbow colored name for the day

This bit is not working. I made a special effort to log in today as one of my rogues turns 15. Thought this was a pretty cool idea but couldn't see any evidence of rainbows in her name.