Mangler - wake sleeper, or kill him?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ProgressionFreak, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Geoff Journeyman

I might not have went to fact and other thing school but..
    looked like facts and other things. as opposed to your opinion.
  2. malaki Augur

I mean aside from the avatar weapons the most of the gear in both versions is mediocre to bad anyways. Shrouds are obviously good, but it's all whatever.
  3. taliefer Augur

and the ancients are the only thing that drop anything even close to worthwhile in the post version, not sure what you are getting at. in both versions there are only 4 mobs worth killing. almost none of the quests in post awakened version work on TLPs. i think theres 1 quest that might work, for some half decent clicky
  4. a_librarian Augur

The quest for the arms with the resist AA click work unless they changed it since Coirnav was in velious
  5. taliefer Augur

thats the one i was thinking of. its really the only argument for post awakened sleeper imo
  6. Machentoo Augur

It doesn't matter where things stand now. Even if every guild on the server currently commits to not awakening him and working together to kill him, all that would accomplish is announcing to RMTers that there is a huge opportunity. It only takes a handful of players to wake him, and having a few gnome masks etc to sell when they no longer drop becomes too valuable an opportunity for the farmers to pass up.
  7. TheChosenOne Augur

I kind of like that Altered Minds woke the sleeper within like a week or 2 on Selos

Its a big middle finger to all the RMTers who probably died a little inside when that happened.. granted not that many since most went to Mangler, but im sure a few RMT hearts bled over it
  8. taliefer Augur

sleeper could stay sleeping for an entire year, and the amount of RMT from the loot wouldnt be a drop in the bucket to the amount of RMT that takes place.

but i guess you gotta fight back anyway you can?
  9. Random newb Augur

My opinion, which as I know is both valid and super important, is they leave the 1.0 AOC available until whatever the latest era he was woke up on any server. So what era was vox launched in?
    Tymeless likes this.
  10. Dabrixmgp Augur

how many groups do u need for Warders? Could a bot group even farm them? I just dont see them having the gear or numbers to clear raid stuff.
  11. DingoJack Journeyman

A real small crew can farm keys and wake the sleeper. It wasn't even a guild decision on Selo, a crew from a guild did it for luls during offhours.

Unless there's 2 guilds down there DPS racing the last of the warders the sleeper is usually woken with 3-4 groups.
  12. Atabishii Elder

There's already a batphone guild that recently formed who's primary purpose for coming to this server is to wake sleeper as soon as velious launches and then leave the server. They are objectively the worst batphone racing guild to ever exist on a TLP (that's not a joke or a jab, it's a fact) so I guess they want something to add to their resume after getting booted from Selo's and destroyed by casual guilds on Coirnav. So you can end the discussion here, 1st week of velious.
    Tankz likes this.
  13. Tiffy31 Elder

sounds like some true RL winners here. People like this need to seek help. I dont really care if hes woken day 1 or day 100 it wont affect my gameplay the slightest. ST loot really isnt that great for the classes Im playing so wont phase me the least bit. In fact I actually feel sorry for people who come to a game just to ruin the experience for everyone. I mean at least the bot armies have a valid reason behind what they do, which is to make Krono. Theres some major personality disorders at play if you get off on cheating and griefing in a 20 year old game with literally nothing at stake.
  14. Scruff Elder

haha, that's some pretty relentless incompetence
    Tankz likes this.
  15. Xhartor Augur

The real question is: Does the top guild on the server want to RMT SoD's or have an easier farming avatar procers.
  16. Xanathol Augur

I see it all the time where people claim they want to wake the sleeper to stop RMTers - that is either a lie from an RMTer or someone who never took basic ecnomics. When an item is the only one on the server, the value goes up, so by waking the sleeper, you help RMTers make more money. If the sleeper is left alone, there are more items in the market, and thus prices go down because the items are not as valuable.
  17. malaki Augur

This doesn't even really make much sense since selling 10 SoDs is going to be better than selling 1 even if it's unique. Unless you somehow think that there being 10 of them would reduce their value cumulatively by over 90 percent? That seems real unlikely.
  18. Kolani Augur

Reminder that the only reason that Rallos was able to defeat The Sleeper in the era that they did was because global mob regen was broken, and they knew that going in. There had been an attempt on The Sleeper on Firiona Vie the weekend before the first RZ attempt, and on taking him quickly past 98% the guild involved got a GM to reset the zone and reported the issue. The global regen problem was fixed and he won't be as easy as he was on RZ.

TBH I wish some TLP would let him go for a few expansions to a point where a guild could make a legitimate skill based attempt that didn't involves rezzing mages, wizards and rangers as quickly as possibly to dps him.
  19. Gronns Lorekeeper

Sleeper will be wokeeee and soon!
  20. ProgressionFreak Augur

I mean, you all want to be white knights and stop RMT... but you never will. Daybreak won't.

Also, why in the world would you not want to kill him? We have an opportunity to do something completely epic here.