Mangler - wake sleeper, or kill him?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ProgressionFreak, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ProgressionFreak Augur

The inevitable question... who will be the first to wake the Sleeper?
    Should we all band together and kill him, or become White Knights and wake him up?

It would require an immense force to kill him, but if we rallied together like they did on RZ, it can be done. You can all have your open world races. I'm in favor of becoming the second server in history to legitimately kill him.
  2. taliefer Augur

3. Tachyon Augur

I'd be fun to kill him again!
  4. Captain Video Augur

Just warp the Sleeper to the HG camps. Two problems solved at once.
    Gorgol the Ogre and getlostgreg like this.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

I believe that the sleeper on RZ was killed in an era well past Velious. We'd have to wait some time to get there.
  6. Tachyon Augur

I think it was PoP or GoD.
  7. Arclyte Augur

Luckily our server doesn't have the anti-social neckbeards that other TLPs had

I dont think Sleeper will be woken for a long time
  8. Scruff Elder

laughing_crying_emoji.png
    Tankz likes this.
  9. Tymeless Augur

Most of the current major guilds on the server don't intend to wake him is my understanding but that is still basically 5 months away so a lot could change. I do know that several of the guild leaders have discussed it and we would like the opportunity to leave him up and work together to kill him but we know the odds of getting the whole server to buy in is pretty low.
  10. Pharone Elder

There is no doubt in my mind that the Sleeper will be woken fast on Mangler. Even if the top guild on the server says they aren't going to wake it, it will get awoken. This scenario has played out on every TLP server prior to the two new ones.

The reason... it only takes a small raid force to do it, and there's always that one no name guild that wants to be the one to wake the Sleeper, so the top guild ends up having to wake the sleeper early because "xyz nobody guild" is planning to do it in the middle of the night.

Prepare for it to be awoken, and move on. In this case, history always repeats itself.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Can't we wait until after summer to talk about this?!?!
    Tymeless likes this.
  12. ProgressionFreak Augur

I thought it would be a good idea to talk about this now, so that people can decide where they stand. It's one thing to wake Kerafyrm, it's another to kill him. What would you rather be known for? I think we could kill him in PoP. That would give us a good 8 months that he slept and everyone got loot. Sure there would probably be some selling of SoD and Gnome masks, but I think it might be worth it to see him fall.
    Tymeless likes this.
  13. Tymeless Augur

I'm with you there and yeah the RMT of the masks and SoD's would be annoying but honestly I don't care about that to have a few of them on the server. I don't understand why people get so mad at RMT people. If they want to waste their money fine by them if someone in my guild sells their item they won't be getting a second one from the guild so they will have to get it some other way and good for them converting their DKP into money they can use in real life if that is what they choose to do. I just want to see the sleeper killed and be a part of it. That would be a defining moment for me as a gamer.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  14. Relentless Insomnia

That is not how it played out on Coirnav. That being said I will be watching this conversation closely now.
  15. tofu stir fry Augur

would be cool to see killing her as a server happen but PoP (if thats when we could engage her at our earliest) is a long ways away a lot can happen in that time. id be surprised if she slept that long. but ill cross my fingers =)
  16. Geoff Journeyman

Check the pre and post loot tables. The pre loot is terrible. Only the warders drop items. If you see items on anything Pre-awake, that isnt a warder, its because it was entered incorrectly.
    Just rip off the bandaid for everyone. Your RMT loot is the only reason to keep that zone from becoming a loot Piñata.
  17. taliefer Augur

post awakened sleepers tomb is a wasteland, and a waste of a zone. its utter garbage.
  18. Geoff Journeyman

care to explain with facts or other things?
  19. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Sleeper will be woken before the first week is up.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  20. taliefer Augur

about as much as you cared to when you stated post was better than pre.