Test Update 04/09/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Prathun Developer

These bosses will spawn at approximately the same rate on Progression Servers (some slightly slower or more quickly). The bosses spawn much more quickly on Live, where they previously did not.
  2. Prathun Developer

This change was made after the Test update, so it's only on the Beta server atm.
    [Wed Apr 10 11:34:16 2019] You say, 'Hail, #Leadbetter00'
    [Wed Apr 10 11:34:16 2019] Leadbetter says, 'Hello, stranger. It has certainly become busy around here lately. I'm afraid all this noise may disturb some [things] that should remain unbothered.'
    [Wed Apr 10 11:34:22 2019] You say, 'smaller'
    [Wed Apr 10 11:34:22 2019] Leadbetter says, 'Oh, well great! Let me know when you are [ready]. I know of a secret passage to the lower levels.'
  3. Prathun Developer

I tackled Vanilla, Kunark, and Luclin on Friday the 5th. That's when the patch note was written.
    Wasn't sure I would be able to complete Velious in time for the update, because there were more Progression Server specific boss spawns in Velious than all the others combined, plus several of them were associated with special case scripts. As it turned out though, I was able to do it on Monday the 8th, just in the nick of time before EoD design lock. I had updated the public-facing note in that ticket on Monday, but apparently not in time to make the Test update notes.

The updated public-facing patch note says:
    There are no longer Progression Server specific spawns for Classic, Kunark, Velious, or Luclin bosses. These bosses now spawn at an accelerated rate on all servers, roughly twice the rate that they normally spawn on Live servers, with a variance equal to a quarter of their respawn time. Fabled versions of these NPCs should now work correctly on Progression Servers.
    Gidono, EnchFWO, Boze and 3 others like this.
  4. Dahaman Augur

What does this mean? Is this an ~2x spawn rate increase for all named mobs? Or just epic mobs? Or...?
  5. Prathun Developer

Currently, Progression Servers have custom spawns for many bosses that make them spawn 2x faster than they would on Live servers. After April's update, this will no longer be true. These NPCs will spawn at an accelerated rate, relative to how quickly they previously spawned on Live servers, on all servers.
    Brohg and Yinla like this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Did the changes to type 19 and Luck aug drops get pushed to Live? We had a particularly poor aug drop rate last night - 2 type 19's 1 Luck aug on a full clear of Fire. I hope that's not the average we can expect. I know the "compromise" was to lower drop rate because more total mobs (many of which aren't killed each raid night due to not being in the way) will drop augs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with having the ability to get these powerful Evolving items. Eliminating 4 slots from the needed item pool as far as needing to loot upgrades on raids is pretty spiffy. I feel like I'm always the negative Nellie on every aspect of these Evolving items but this is still a level of gaining power from the luck of the draw that we as players don't want to experience in this game, or any other. I hope that is taken into consideration in future design choice, especially if gear is where player power is to be gained from here going forward. Currency with an eventual end uses your newest content, fully in a much more positive way. I really don't like feeling guilty because I won something that is rare - see the Enhancement aug in my boots. It's like we all live with surivor's guilt playing this game, now. This is what more modern MMO's do: currency. The people that want to grind it hard, great - they get stuff first. There's far less dumb luck involved.

So, back to the original query: Did we just have a bad night with RNG? Any other guilds see such a decrease on a full fire clear since the Test Patch?

Second question, separate issue: Can we have a definitive zone name list of what a tier 2 zone is, as far as what can drop 18's off trash, potentially? Progression jumps all over the place in TBL and it's not easy to have a handle on what zones are what tier.

Thank you for any feedback. :)
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The AOC versions on Test post patch are still on 7 days, I ran an instance today to check it

[IMG]
  8. Prathun Developer

Were you expecting something different?
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I assumed the AOC lockouts on all version were halved also not just base zones, I suppose I might have interpreted the patch note incorrectly regarding AOC's?
  10. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

Aren't you making some assumptions? I don't see where they said the lockout timers would be halved. They're talking about bosses spawn times which doesn't even apply to agents of change.
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Night's Endless Terror wasn't stacking with Culminating Stand Discipline (and others in the Warrior defensive line with a rune proc). It didn't just prevent the rune from firing, but actually prevented the discipline from starting at all. Both spells had "Add Melee Proc" on slot 2, at least prior to the Test patch.
    Tucoh and Jhenna_BB like this.
  12. Prathun Developer

This change affects the respawn time of various bosses in static zones. On Progression Servers, there were custom versions of the spawn data for these bosses that allowed them to spawn more quickly, however the different spawn IDs had, in the past and present, broken content, like Fabled, that looked for specific spawn data IDs.

After this change, Live and Progression now share the same spawn data and the data is similar or the same as what Progression Servers have been using.

On Progression Servers, Fabled versions of these bosses will work correctly, whereas they did not previously.
    On non-Progression Servers, these bosses will respawn much more quickly than they have previously.
    On the Dev side, the data is much more maintainable and consistent and less likely to cause problems.

Nothing else.
    Nniki, Riou, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  13. Sumteengex Journeyman

so does this mean test will have to wait till the next patch to be able to do the ' Danger Zone ' group mission ? im not tryin to be rude, but i mean weve been waiting since GMM went live and still havent been able to do it, just curious if well have to wait another month or something to do the content
  14. Hatestorme New Member

okay I am having a issue for one of my accounts... I try to log in my cleric and gets past the character select screen and EQ just shuts down... when I go to log back in I have to boot the character from world and then it shuts down again before it can get logged in. I can load a character from the same account with no issues it only happens with the cleric. This just started happening
  15. Hatestorme New Member

[Wed Apr 10 18:25:38 2019]00649:Exception in RunGame GameLoop Code = c0000005 ADDR=00BEC0FD
    [Wed Apr 10 18:25:38 2019]00650:EAX=00000020 EBX=2b962c40 ECX=268c5278 EDX=4c0da386
    [Wed Apr 10 18:25:38 2019]00651:ESI=00000006 EDI=2b962ce8 EBP=021fe164 ESP=021fdf2c
    [Wed Apr 10 18:25:38 2019]00652process was trying to READ invalid data.
    [Wed Apr 10 18:25:38 2019]00653:Invalid access occurred at virtual address 0x00000190.

[Wed Apr 10 18:25:38 2019]00653:Invalid access occurred at virtual address 0x00000190.
    I know absolutely nothing about computers so I have no clue what all this means other than HAHAHA you cant log in lol
  16. niente Developer

Test was patched again this afternoon.
    Updates included a fix for login issues and requesting Danger Zone.
  17. Sleaze New Member

Does this mean Fabled will spawn in the AoC instances on phinny?
  18. Prathun Developer

NPCs in AoC instances that can Fable should have the same chance to Fable as they would in the static zone. (In cases where a Progression Server has unlocked the expansion that matches the era when the Fabled content was introduced, and the anniversary event is running.)
    Note that it was necessary to change the fabled script for original EQ to allow this to happen as previously it would early out if the script was run in a non-static zone.
    a_librarian and Boze like this.
  19. Axxius Augur

There is no mention of a fix to the GMM Whirlicopter raid bug where the boss roots itself in the air at 25% and becomes invulnerable, making the event fubar. Is this getting fixed?
  20. Prathun Developer

We were unable to reproduce this internally, but have a spec fix in place.