warrior plus 5 boxes what to box ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by pinco, Apr 9, 2019.

1. pinco Lorekeeper

not happy with truebox decided to play live and main a warrior for raiding what 5 boxes should i make,i know you can use mercs but just in case i need to do some old raids etc.
  2. code-zero Augur

Warrior, shaman, bard, berzerker x 3
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Tucoh has the definitive thread to answer your question.
  4. Cadira Augur

I recently started boxing: sk, clr, bard, zerk, bst, rogue.

As far as tank, warrior would fit in just fine in place of sk.
    As far as a healer, it's a hard choice. Shaman would be obvious pick for maximum adps but there are going to be situations where a cleric would have saved you where a shaman could not. If/when your war gets raid geared shaman should be adequate in most situations and more ideal over all.

Bard is a no brainer. Being able to track, slow, lockpick, pull, mezz, and adps king they are a must have in any group.

As for your 3 dps...3 zerks would be the highest dps output more than likely. The reason I didn't do this is because I like having the "flavor" and versatility of other classes. The rogue can sos to scary areas to get stuff for me or a group quest and drag bodies around without getting agro. Shared sos is nice in doom fire missions too. The bst has a potential off tank pet that can be useful at times. He can fd if the group is starting to wipe and potentially get me back up and running asap. Also has a better slow than bard. They are also less likely to be fighting over the same weapons if they are all different classes, helping speed up the rate they pick up gear.

Even with this non perfect dps set up, I probably sustain 650-700k dps.

You could substitute the rogue or bst for a ranger or monk if those seem better. Or sub one for a caster, for ranged dps, better pet than bl for off tanking (mage), or ports (wizard) although wizard dps needs a little boost atm. Only problem with this is a caster would have very little adps, especall a wizard.

Is boxer is a must and will dramatically increase dps and ability to box if you are not already using it.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Warrior, shaman, 3x mages, one healer merc to do patch heals (block everything else). Pull it all... kill it all.
  6. Tucoh Augur

1. The primary team I built to take whatever the next expansion can throw at me is war/brd/ber/sha/mag/cle. It's what I used in TBL to do the entire progression, including all the missions people had a lot of trouble with, in a weekend using only group gear. There are other great combinations including war/brd/sha/ 3xber, but I like my primary group for its versatility and survivability. You can read more here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tucos-setup-critique-welcome.240258/page-18

2. Six boxing isn't something that should be done lightly. If your goal is to just level, gear and aug a warrior as a precursor to raiding, I'd start with a 3 box and go from there. The best war three box is war/brd/ber.

3. Once you get a decent team leveled up, it's easy to add/replace characters via fellowship XP and rotting gear.
  7. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

BARD for the obvious ADPS and Selo amoung other things. MAGE for COH. Wiz or Druid would be nice for porting and evac.
  8. took2summit11 Augur

Curious what the reason behind mage over beast is? I imagine beast would give a fairly noticeable higher overall group dps with your composition. I know you have a beast, what’s the parse difference vs the mag/bst? Is the mage just easier to box? I’m not sure I find COTH to be worth it if the overall dps is lower as /autofollow is just as easy as running 1 guy once you get good at it.
  9. Coffee Journeyman

How do you box 4 melee? You position them every time or just have to leave them in the same spot and position the mob?
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I position mob so that boxes clustered in the corner are able to be in melee range.
  11. Coffee Journeyman

It was prob a dumb question I just had never thought about it really. I box War/WIZ/MAG/ENC with pretty good success.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Mage over beast because of coth and spell damage. I have a beastlord on the mage account and yeah, my DPS increases with the beastlord, but I still like the well-roundedness that comes with having a real caster that's able to deal spell damage.
    Everyone on /follow and just surround the mob. Plate tanks get different abilities to position the mob.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Easy, just leave the melee all in one spot stacked up. Move em with the Warrior.
  14. Daedly Augur

You 6 boxed the VP mission in 9 mins?
  15. Tucoh Augur

Yes. I could shave off some more time and don't think 9 minutes is all that fast. It was only the second time I boxed that mission, and the third time I ran that mission in total, I've also never raided the raid version (and have no idea if that's relevant). I doubt I could do it much faster than 8 minutes though.
    Daedly likes this.
  16. kenshon Journeyman

@Tucoh, what are your thoughts on your rec of war/brd/ber vs. war/enc/rng? What does the former do more effectively? Thinking about switching to your rec but want to understand benefits.

Also if you were to add a 4th, would it be a sha?

I'm currently head shotting with my 95 rng in lunanyn to level up my heroic eng/war, but my enc is effectively useless and can't help with cc due to level. Feeling suboptimal.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

My melee grp is

War sham zerk zerk zerk zerk

I dont even bother with a bard.
  18. kenshon Journeyman

How do you handle CC? War/sham/zerk sounds good, but I'm worried about being able to handle adds / bad pulls before I can get a warrior properly geared/AA'd, since I'm progressing from heroic on up.
  19. Tucoh Augur

The benefits of war/brd/ber is over war/enc/rng is mostly damage. I find that RNG has severe mana issues that make it very difficult to sustain DPS.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Almost every single mob in TBL to include GMC mobs are 100% rootable..

Shammy can do that enmass..

If you need them to.