Agro is all messed up please fix!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Tappin Augur

I am not sure how anyone thinks this looks good on paper. It does not change the overall damage of Necromancers during raids. All it accomplishes it making parses even less comparable and causing people to take detrimental actions to inflate a parse.

It's complete nonsense. Necromancers need the revamp they were promised - Changing the way parses are calculated is going to change that fact.
    sauron3030 and Yinla like this.
  2. ShadowMan Augur

Priority and resource comments came more from multiple threads and postings over the years. Many of which took place during betas which can't be just linked back now. A few members acknowledged the debuff cap was a problem and priority they were working to address it. This was years before many of the TLP's, nerfs, additions and such were probably even being considered. And this dot process started long before resources became so scarce that currently the AA, item and spell devs didn't even have enough time to do what they needed in those areas before addressing secondary or other roles they now have taken on in the last 3 years. So it truly has become an either or situation when other developers, interns, help is tasked to do other stuff instead of helping Aristo on this 3 year old process seemingly halted because of time as a resource. When the base drivers remain and have become even worse in some areas.

The problem with druids and shaman was the devs ignored what tools they had and repeated the same mistakes they made with rangers, beastlords and enchanters in base dot tuning. Necros have repeatedly suggested giving 0 bonus damage and in fact reducing total dot damage down some to reduce the impact of ramping up faster in fewer casts. This was never done for anyone else and from anyone who understands how dots work they looked at their base critical rate and critical mod and ignored everything else like burn AA, focus effects, auspice, bard clicks, enchanter clicks, etc. Not realizing that giving anyone a 15,000 or 50,000 base dot will totally negate any higher critical rate or critical mod necros might have passively. So when those dots can be twincasted with short term higher critical rates, mods and focus effects boosting them they absolutely destroy. Multiple people stated from day one details that NO class should have seen a base dot over 15,000 and yet the devs gave some non dps classes like 5 of those at once with burn tools.
  3. Brohg Augur

I'm a fan of this scenario being regular
    Drogba and Eaiana like this.
  4. Tappin Augur

Isn't it great? It's like old school raids when someone still has agro on the boss. "Caaaaaaamp!" :)
  5. Arcos Lorekeeper

Parsing is only about the reported damage - there is no need to change how damage is applied. Leave the damage to the mob completely unchanged in the way it agros and applies. Just change the message to the chat window and report the total (estimated) damage when the dot is cast and report no damage to the chat window for each of the subsequent ticks. Worst side effect would be the caster maybe getting parse credit for ticks that never fired for whatever reason.

Arcos
  6. Dewey Augur

How about an in game parser that is linked to the aggro meter.
  7. Brohg Augur

This idea would WILDLY misreport dot damage. The "for whatever reason" is not just common, it applies to Absolutely Every Mob, who universally die before dots expire, because otherwise they plain wouldn't die. Bertox forbid anyone ever refresh a dot before it expires, automatically in your model double counting damage for every overwritten tick. And the fact that damage very much can't be estimated by dot since ADPS/burns is wholly unpredictable. What a nonsense idea
  8. Natal Augur

So, you think that someone is going to beat a mob down, just so they can fade it to full health in another group? What I was suggesting would only work if you were in the group with kill credit.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It's cool that you meant something completely different than what you said! While what you actually said makes no sense, what you meant to say makes perhaps even less sense... how could one group have kill credit before the mob is killed? You're saying the group with "kill credit" could reset a mob's HP by fading, gating, or shadowstepping. So if two groups are DPS racing for a mob, whichever group is in the lead has current "kill credit?" Is that what you're saying? So if they wanted they could have one member just continually shadowstep to reset the mob to full health over and over until the competing group went out of mana, etc? Your suggestions are at a cosmic level of absurd.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Because ALL PARSES MATTER people. Ask Zerkers... you have to show up at their class site with a parse, guess like some crip gang sign, or you can't get inside their special room.
  11. Dewey Augur

You want to make the parse... Don't die. I think that was clear in the post you quoted... They want that parse to count, then they shouldn't die. Necro's especially get so many survival tools they shouldn't die; we shouldn't even be having this discussion.
  12. Tappin Augur

it's unnecessary to have any parse continue after death. What need is a solution to the buff limit problem.
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It was a joke\element of sarcasm...you had to be there, as it were...
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

TBH, I think parses belong in WOW...not in EQ... but I realize that I am in the minority opinion with that.
  15. Lianeb Augur

Dps is the life blood of any mmo whether you like it or not. And parses are a way to measure that
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Actually I think "GINA" is the life blood of EQ these days. Without triggers and notifications from a logfile parser. I can acknowledge THAT. Not necessarily liking that either.

In other news, I'm just an old geezer...."get orf mah lawn"
  17. Tappin Augur

Have you ever wrote a parse? They can be largely inaccurate based on what is being logged by the game. Any attempted to clean up they way the system logs combat actions is greatly appreciated. However, there should NOT be any changes to combat system to a log file.

There is no reason to calculate what someone left on the table after death. All this does is create scenarios where people do dumb things to inflate a parse because DPS is calculated through death. Nothing worthwhile and beneficial from this for the players.

Is it me does it seem that this change was made to make a specific class look better on paper?
  18. Lianeb Augur

Did it ever occur to you that it could be used as an exploit. I don’t think anyone was, and not even sure they could. But who’s to say I put a set of long lasting dots on a mob and then zone out and back, now those dots are no longer mine and I can add a second set to them after zoning in?
  19. Dewey Augur

Your dots wouldn't be recast on them as it would not take hold. The system still knows that they are your dots. There is no exploit here as that was not a possibility to work that way.

Anyways, the way it used to work was amazing and awesome. It was a brilliant piece of code that was like; how did they do that... I hope to see that old code return soon.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

All in all though, I would by the product or service that causes stuff to warp to zone in with aggro. I mean that never gets old? :D