GMM belt complaint and solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

NPCs have slow mitigation so powerful that it's borderline useless to slow anyway. I don't see the problem with adding the proc to a belt which helps survivability in all content.

But that's none of my business...
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

#potionbeltgate
  3. Thraine Augur

the things some people complain about ....
    Sheex, feeltheburn and Tucoh like this.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

I am not sure what game you play but parse the difference and see for yourself. Its a very noticeable difference especially when needed on named, hard quest mobs, raid trash, etc. It can be the difference between something being tankable for a pet or melee class or not.

There is zero problem with the proc belt being added as long as its roughly equal to all. Which would be a very high sympathetic proc rate for casters because they can't sit there and tank a named, raid trash or hard quest mob for 25 seconds waiting for multiple dodge checks to proc for the slow to land. Whats not fair is one or some classes having dedicated spells for slow that require large chunks of time to cast and recast and 3 different resist checks that were used as a reason to reduce, withhold or tune things a certain way and then later its just handed out via a belt for free with a single resist check, no spell bar dedication and instant refresh when any riposte, parry, block or dodge has a chance to fire it again without any adjustments elsewhere for now having slow and cripple.

The game would be up in arms if casters suddenly got a sympathetic proc that granted them 45% mitigation for 4 minutes that they could just chain proc. Or if casters could chain sympathetically proc Rogues fury and 50% HHE on themselves drastically boosting their melee dps. Yet slow and cripple was just passed out and all casters want is a equivalent means to proc it since they can't tank mobs and people are complaining about it like is an absurd request.
  5. Allayna Augur

Proc belts land far less often since the malo/scent of terris nerf...usually end up loading pally tash, swapping to the darkened malo stick and THEN proc belt will land.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I guess I notice it less on my tank due to gear and such. /shrug

I don't mind the proc at all. I know it helps. I am just bitter about the level of mitigation named have towards all debuffs.
  7. Funk Augur

They consolidated 6 belt effects into 3 belts. All classes are still covered. What did you want them to do? Make a new effect for you?

I can agree that all belt effects could be increased though, to keep up with the inflation.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

I thought I specified my intent in the OP, but I may have failed in effective communication. I will try again.

Tanks have a belt where both of the prior effects of prior belts (slow and cripple) provide benefit for the tank.

Melee have a belt where both of the prior effects of prior belts (melee damage and weapon proc) provide benefit for the melee.

Some casters and hybrids have a belt where both of the prior effects of prior belts (spell damage increase and group heal based off of heal spell) provide benefit for those classes.

Some casters, referring to INT casters and especially wizards and enchanters, have a belt where only one of the two prior effects provide benefit for those classes. As a magician, the only time I am casting a pet heal is if I solo and the pet is tanking a TBL named. And at that point, it is more of just a patch heal to help the merc out as opposed to chain healing. The group heal effect is something I may experience once every month or two as a magician, if that. And a wizard and an enchanter would never experience the benefit of the group heal proc. For those classes, the only benefit of a GMM belt is a couple hundred more HP and mana.

I proposed to have the group heal proc work not only off of heal spells, but damage spells too. That would allow all casters, especially INT casters, to gain benefit of both prior effects of prior belts. Some may agree, some may disagree. Cool. I just do not think it is fair for tanks and melee to reap the benefits of combined belts, whereas casters are not capable of reaping both benefits.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Well, chances it even gets changed this expansion would probably be close to zero. I agree casters have some questionable even poor proc choices on their belts. It was an attempt to make things better.

I would think the caster community could lobby and get it changed for next expansion. Or.....it could go the way of necro DoT revampo_O
  10. Funk Augur

Your int caster effect pretty much destroys the combo that melee get with boon and overdrive, the dual tank effects don't help their dps... they help keep the tank alive so you can keep getting those 5k extras off your belt.

You have no room to complain about balance of the effects. What you could complain about is the fact that they all could use a boost to keep up with current inflated numbers. That I am on board with 100%.
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

If a melee can tank mobs they couldnt before with the slow and cripple proc they gain a big chunk of dps. Except maybe rogues where the return strikes might not offset the lost in number of rear arc BS's.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Well that about figures, Just got my belt yest and here someones calling for nerfs already. :mad:
  13. Cicelee Augur

What?

Post the quote where I say I want the tank and/or melee belt nerfed. I will wait.
    Barton likes this.
  14. Maedhros High King

There are 4 major archetypes in EQ since we pretty much lump hybrids and melee into one.
    Tank
    Priest
    Int caster
    Melee/hybrid dps

Of those major archetypes, the belt options look pretty good for 3 of them, with Int casters obviously getting by far the least bells and whistles.

I definitely approve of belt consolidation, but I think it should have only dropped to 4 belts.

The easy solution would be to leave the tank belt as.
    Beef up the dmg number on the melee/hybrid one a smidge.
    Adjust the one that is priest/Int caster oriented now to be more heal based.
    Then make 1 more belt for Int casters.
    I do not know what second effect a priest would want on their belt, but I feel confident that a good caster belt would contain both Threads of Potential for 5000, and a chance to proc a 2k dd on a fire or magic resist line.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

You can wait all you want. nerfs happen because of posts like this. Never mentioned you specifically anyway. Lighten up Francis!
  16. Barton The Mischievous

You said someone was "calling" for nerfs.
  17. Drogba Augur

it's the same old argument for anything. 'x class has this epic and mine is useless'. or 'x weapon has this delay/damage and my class only has this one'. and ideally, we would want all that stuff to be on more of an equilibrium, but in reality what matters, is max potential performance of x class vs. x class, and how they get there is irrelevant. if x class has problems, or is too strong, attention is required.

Atleast, that is more important than bickering over small things imo.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

My last INT caster to hit 110 did so this last weekend. With that said, all I need is the belt that adds 5000 to damage. I don't need anything else. What else do I need? Does it need to order from Pizza Hut or something?
  19. Mookus Augur

My old runed belt of boromas with its sympathetic nuke proc many expansions ago is STILL better than the new belt caster effects. So I will agree that the int belt isn’t equitable.

What would easily fix it though, would be for the group heal portion on the new caster belt to Proc from a nuke OR a heal.

Or even better, add the Boromas proc with the new clamped down intie belt 5k mod.
  20. Natal Augur

None of these belts do all that much. The effects are relatively trivial. If you parse them out the melee and caster belts provide about the same benefit, and for healers, they are not casting heals simultaneous with nukes, so they are getting the same benefit as you from that particular belt, it just is expressed differently based on what function they are performing at any particular time. The cripple effect on the tank belt has a miniscule effect and the slow is useless in most groups because you usually already have a slower with better spells.