GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heartland Augur

If we can't get the fight tab back, can we have the column order customizable? At the moment I need to expand the list to take up half the screen to navigate and it's a bit of a pain putting it back and forth.
    The old way gave us the best of both worlds, I could find fights based on date easily and just double click without messing up the rest of the applications usibility.
  2. Mluian Journeyman

I believe I am using 2.0.0.73. If I choose open last hour or open last 6 hours and I had my log off because I forgot to turn it back on, but there is a log there just had been off for a day, I get a gamparse hang. Easy to avoid yes.
  3. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

I have a character on both Mangler and Selo and when I load either log file, I never get any fights that show up in the fight window. The log file is populated and I can see the summary statistics that GamParse provides for the logged file, but very little else (just loot, chat, parcels, randoms).

If I load my log file for my character on Test, it works as expected (and quite nicely at that).

Is there anything I can do here or is there any logging or debugging I can turn on or do that might help figure out what is going on here? I could send the logs if that could help, too.

I am using the latest version.
  4. Brohg Augur

the minimum fight size (by mob hp) is set to Live mobs. set the minimum fight size to like 500hp instead of 50000
  5. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

Oh, wow, thank you so much!
  6. Maxxer Stabbing stuff on AB

Is it possible to reduce minimum width to 1080? Atm I can't get it smaller than 1111 pixels.
    Using an extra monitor in Portrait mode and Gamparse is to wide. It spills over to the next monitor.

Btw. Love the Cumulative chart :) Thanks for that.

/Maxxer - AB
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I can change the setting to allow you to resize smaller, but I haven't because it really isn't meant to be made smaller than the default size, buttons and windows start getting screwy if you do that.
  8. Tishanian Journeyman

Thank you for all your hard work in doing these updates, greatly appreciated. :)

However, I am unable to find an option to include both of these under the "Loot Tab"

[Sun Apr 07 20:56:46 2019] --<character> has looted a Last Blood.--
    [Sun Apr 07 20:56:49 2019] --<character> has looted an Inspiration of Rizlona.--

looted "A" item, will show up in the loot tab no problem, as it should
    looted "AN" item, does not not show at all, I have to go to the "Log Search" for these items to show.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Thank you for this. I found the problem and it's been fixed.

Note: This was due to a recent change to loot messages on the part of DBG. I'm not sure exactly when it went in, but I'm assuming when they added the number of items looted or some time after that.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Update 2.0.0.76 - Redownload from first post.

-Fix for some looted items not being parsed on the Loots Tab.
    -Fix for /Randoms pasting into EQ incorrectly.
    -Added a Screenshot button (as a test) for the Heal Overview Tab.

The screenshot button for the Heal Overview is a kind of trial. If it works properly (it did when I tested it, but that doesn't mean much) I may add similar buttons to other things. Let me know what you guys think.

There is still a much bigger update in the works, but in the mean time I'm doing this one because the loot issue I consider very important.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What are your plans for a healing breakdown? That would be very helpful to have.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Similar to the damage breakdown there will be multiple "sub-tabs."

The first will be from the Healer's perspective and will look similar to the older Heal Summary Tab before I changed it. It will have 3 sections: 1) A list of all healers on the left. 2) A summary (by Healee) of each player (Healee) healed by the Healer in the top right. 3) A breakdown (by spell) when you select a player name.

[IMG]

Sub Tab #2 will be similar to the above, with a few small changes. The top right box will have a breakdown by spell, and then selecting a spell will fill the bottom box with all the heals of that spell (as well as some additional data not shown above).

Sub Tabs 3 will be breakdown from the Healee's perspective and function similarly to Tab 1:

[IMG]

Sub Tab 4 will be similar to Sub Tab 2 but from the healee's perspective again.

As always I'm open to suggestions for improvements or changes. It's all about what is useful information for you guys to see.
  13. Bumkus Elder

New problem. GamParse will not start up following a computer lockup and reboot.

Error message:
    GamParse has stopped working
    A proplem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I suspect the config file got corrupted when my computer locked up. i was going to delete file and try to restart but i cannot find the config file. This problem affects all my beta versions of GamParse, but not version 1.6.1.7. Any suggestions?
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

As far as I know a bad config file shouldn't cause any errors, especially with the beta versions being that I specifically changed the loadsettings routine to correct errors if it finds them.

That said, the default location for the config file (if you don't override it with a manual file in the local directory) is:

C:\Users\<Account Name>\AppData\Local\GamParse

Where <Account Name> is the name you sign in as on your computer.
  15. Bumkus Elder

My GamParse-2.0 config file showed 0KB file size. removing the file allowed GamParse to create a new config file and launch properly. Thanks Bei.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Glad to hear it.
  17. took2summit11 Augur

It’s probably been said elsewhere but is there a way to take, for instance, an hour long period and get the dps numbers for that entire hour, including downtime/not fighting?
  18. Sancus Augur

Damage / 3600
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

One thing I'd like to mention:

As I said in the first thread (the one that got locked) one of my main goals in this rewrite has been to focus on improving the speed of the parser. I was using a fairly large older log file as a reference and then comparing how fast it can be parsed as I make improvements and optimizations.

In 1.6.1.7 the file took roughly 25.7 minutes to parse.

In the last update of the old thread I had gotten this down to ~15.5 minutes.

As of the current version 2.0.0.76, that same file parses in ~10.6 minutes.

There are still further improvements and optimizations to be made, but I felt like I should point out how significant the change in loading speed is at this point.
  20. Zenshai New Member

Every time I click on a fight in 2.0.0.76 BETA, on both Windows 7 and Win 10, I get the popup error below. This also seems to abort all calculations for every tab except for "Overview" (nothing shows in HealOverview, Player DPS, Spells & Discs, etc).

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: Cannot set Column 'Rank' to be null. Please use DBNull instead.
    at System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(DataColumn column, Object value)
    at GamParse.MainScreen.DisplayHealOverview()
    at GamParse.MainScreen.DisplayFight(Fight fight)
    at GamParse.MainScreen.DGV_Fight_Nav_SelectedRowChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at GamParse.MainScreen.DGV_Fight_Nav_CellClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    GamParse
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.76
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.76
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/GamParse-2.0.0-Beta.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3353.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3062.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll
    System.Numerics
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.