GMM belt complaint and solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Cicelee Augur

There are three new belt procs in GMM for both group and raid.

One belt proc combines slow and cripple from prior EOK/ROS belts, making it extremely beneficial and advantageous for tanks.

One belt proc combines a melee DD proc and increased melee damage on hits, making it extremely useful and positive for melee classes.

The final one combines an additional amount of damage to spells, and a group heal if you cast a healing spell. *If* you cast a healing spell. Which is something that wizards, magicians, necromancers and enchanters cannot do. Which means for those four classes half of the proc is useless. And while clerics do have damage spells, I would venture to say a cleric spends far more time healing than actually casting damage spells.

So this belt, while nice, is not nearly as useful as the first two for the classes that would get the most benefit out of it. So I propose the following solutions-

1. The group heal can proc off of either a healing spell or a damage spell.
    2. The belt adds 5000 extra heal to any heal spells, and Holy Soothing has an added component that not only heals your group but adds a DD proc as well, say 5000 DD proc.
    3. Two new belts are created- one for WIS casters, one for INT casters with appropriate focus procs for each class. When you get a GMM belt, you can turn it into a NPC and exchange it for the appropriate WIS or INT caster belt you want.

Win/win. Right?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Hrm?
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Aren't you one of the ones always singing the "everyone can't have everything" song? If I'm mistaken, my apologies. I really don't see the issue in how these belts work. Comparing the heal boon/potential belt to the "power" of the seeress/overdrive belt is pretty laughable. Overdrive is complete trash and seeress is miles behind potential dps wise. Even force proc hybrids do less damage with seeress. They're obviously trying to cut down the amount of the templates they need to create per slot. This is the kind of negligible give and take we as players need to put up with playing our 20 year old 32 bit game. We really should put this one to bed, it's not worth any further Dev time at this point.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yimin like this.
  4. Yimin Augur

Magicians, Necromancers both have heals for their pets , does the belt not work of pet heals ? Would the belt not also work of life taps for a necromancer ? And this belt sounds about perfect if your a Druid or Shaman since both can heal and DPS and both do often ...

YiMin
  5. Cicelee Augur

There is a difference between a player who plays two hours a week wanting the exact same thing as someone who plays twenty hours a week..... and an itemization flaw where the desirability of two items is much higher (extremely higher in the case of one) compared to an item where half of the benefit is as close to uselessness (or is useless) for multiple classes.

I never said overdrive punch is an OMG thing. However in a game where people go bananas over new augments in a new expansion that gives an extra 2 AC and 15 HP... to many players, every little bit helps and adds up. And having a 500 extra damage weapon proc belt is one thing; having a belt with an extra 500 damage weapon proc and an extra 500 damage per melee hit every so often (or whatever the amount is) makes it a better belt.

Right now for an INT caster, the only benefit of getting a GMM belt is a couple hundred more HP and mana. Whereas tanks and melee get to combine two prior effects into one and reap the benefits of both. That is an item design issue IMHO.
  6. Mazame Augur

Ok topic needs to just die.
    Caster QQing about the new belt effect forget that the the spell damage effect was upgraded.

Having both belts and spending time parsing the DPS from the melee belt and caster belt was .1 difference. so either belt is adding about the same amount of DPS if your a dps class.

The combining of the belt effects did was rather then 6 belts needing to be made and added to loot tables they now only need to do 3. This lets them focus on other stuff so why cry about it. Just because it looks like melee are get two effect in the end it just giving them the same dps increase that caster are getting split between two effects.
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

The big problem isn't the caster belt its that every tank, melee and hybrid can now slow and cripple better than some classes that have had spells for this for years. I'll take a sympathetic proc version firing from my spells at the same rate as melee can proc this over my clunky time recast limited process.
  8. Mazame Augur

Nothing stopping you from using the slow belt and walking up and beating on the mob.

As a bst my slow has been over ridden by every other class to the point i don't bother. When I out on my own slowing a mob doesn't matter It doesn't change the out come of the fight. On raids they like slow and if a tank can do it them self it one less thing for the shammy / chanter to have to think about imo.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Huh? ROS raid belt added 5000 damage to a spell, TBL raid belt added 5000 damage, and GMM raid belt added 5000 damage. Where is this upgrade at?
  10. Sancus Augur

It was changed from 3000 damage to 5000 damage retroactively during TBL beta.
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

There is. First casters do not take hits as well as melee. Second we don't parry or riposte and dont dodge as much as tanks and melee do. So on top of taking more damage trying to proc it we can only proc it at like 25% the rate of melee. So pass.

If casters suddenly got a belt that let them tank better than a warrior or melee dps better then melee people would lose their . Yet we are at the point that melee and tanks can debuff mobs resists and slow and cripple better than actual casters and people just shrug it off as normal.
    WorriedinNorrath likes this.
  12. Mazame Augur

I know chanters that have tanked.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

Boggle it is no wonder this game is swirling the toilet.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It was actually amusing tbh. Somewhat unlikely now with recast time changes on some runes. But anywho, there's alot of things I would guess you'd judge as proof that "it was circling the toilet" but in reality it's just players being creative and knowing their class\abilities to the utmost.
  15. Dewey Augur

You obviously don't play a cleric. 6 spells in my lineup are nukes. The most spells that I cast are nukes. If I try and cast a non-nuke spell it's either too little of healing or too long of casting time. As a cleric I am forced to nuke most of the time now.

Adding 5k extra to any heal spell would break many things, especially hybrid heals. This would later lead to a nerf of the hybrid heals and not the belt. In the end the effect you would see from the heals would be exactly what it is now with the belt, and less if you were unfortunate to get the belt.

Many times my toons have to remove things with procs and dd's, because they break root. Effects like this will just make another item that I have in my bags and not wearing at times to avoid it from breaking root. Now increasing spell damage by X amount; that's a good thing. Adding an entire new proc that will break root; that's a bad thing. Making it so that it adds a DD to the proc, that will just make it even more worthless for many classes.

I understand that wizards need a damage increase and they need help. It would be better time served for the devs to relook at wizards and change some of their mechanics; rather than implement things to items that would make the items unusable in functionality.
  16. Thrillho Augur

Just do what I do. Play without pants on. No pants = no need for a belt. Problem solved.
    Jondalar, Flatchy, svann and 3 others like this.
  17. WorriedinNorrath Elder

18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Damn, now I wish I wouldn't of made a TS raid belt. The caster one is awesome for shamans/druids and as others have pointed out, all the Int casters except Wizard and possibly Chanters.
  19. Sancus Augur

No, the caster one is not awesome for int casters. Necros and Mages can cast heals, but in the vast majority of gameplay/scenarios they do not cast them.

In any scenario outside of pet tanking, the GMM belt is equivalent to the normal Threads belts for int casters. The Threads belt is decent, but awesome it is not.
    IblisTheMage, Beimeith and Cicelee like this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ok I'll give you that. It's probably nice in group/solo play but basically worthless on raids. I'd still consider that a bonus even if it's not effective all the time.