Which epics are still of use at 110?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Foxpaws Dragonlover, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Foxpaws Dragonlover Lorekeeper

I doubt anyone would still wield the 2.0s at 110 for any class (much less the 1.0s), but which of them still have some use/benefit to a player at max level?
  2. Sancus Augur

Necros would beg to differ.
  3. Jondalar Augur

4. Axxius Augur

Use or wield? Some of them are still used from inventory, e.g. Bard and Shaman. But there is only one that's still wielded - Necro.
  5. Foxpaws Dragonlover Lorekeeper

Either. Mostly I was curious which are worthwhile to do which can still help a 110 toon. Be it click effects or some other reason.
  6. Pred Journeyman

Rogue, SK, Bard, Shaman, Necro, Cleric, Monk use them for certain. Other classes I'm not so sure of.
    Winnowyl and Foxpaws Dragonlover like this.
  7. Arraden Augur

Majority of the clicky effects are still useful.

For Brd, Bst, ber, rng, it's additional damage output that can be used in burn cycling for melee

Shm click is very useful for melee groups
    Druid click is useful spell damage mod for caster groups

Cleric click is a useful additional balancing tool for group HP, alongside AA Divine balance.

SK click was nerfed (I believe) but still useful.

Wiz one is 1% reduction in spell resist... not that great, but something.

Enchanter one is a little useless
  8. Buri Augur

I'd like to point out that the SHM and bard epic 2.0 complement each other perfectly, and should be used at the same time, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Both are must-haves for raid level toons.
    Samanagain and Boze like this.
  9. Thrillho Augur

Monk epic is great. Adds a lot of hp, making one a bit less squishy. Very useful when tanking heavy mobs, dealing with a lot of AEs, rampages, etc.
  10. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Shaman, all the time and twice on Sundays. Its been bagged for years but I still click it all the time.
    Samanagain likes this.
  11. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Paladin is percentage based and forever useful.
  12. Conq Augur

Cleric, Shaman and Bard Epic 2.0's are indispensable still. Some others are still good.
    Conq
  13. Foxpaws Dragonlover Lorekeeper

What about the rogue one?
    A little bit sad to hear the wizard and Ench ones are not really useful.
  14. kizant Augur

No it really isn't.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  15. Nniki Augur

Yes.
  16. kizant Augur

It's OK. Wizards are innately epic. Unlike other classes.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I believe this is incorrect. The effect is set with a 5% reduction per level, over 75, so once you're 95, it has no effect at all.
    Allayna, Arraden and Sancus like this.
  18. Lianeb Augur

I don’t believe it works lik that either. Though at 110 the effect would be minuscule.

I still click the warrior epic quite regularly for the off chance (25%) of resisting a spell.
  19. Fluid Augur

Epics were designed to be time sinks. What to do when you've reached the maximum level in the game and the next expansion pak with an increase in levels isn't ready. How do you make them last even longer? Make it so they can't be solo'ed by level appropriate characters such that you need a group of people with 'You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' mentality, encourages grouping and guilds.

Most of the reasons to do an epic nowadays are gone. I mean you can use the Loyalty vendor to get a bag of pp, and buy a minion ring that works at level 59<?> if you don't feel like farming the minion drops yourself. Specifically some of the drops epics on TLP servers are valuble for the time period they were useful, but that is about it. I frequently min-max so I can't advise against doing everything, but epics are too much bother for too little benefit to think of them as must haves. They are working as planned but plans have changed.

I say this because I just finished camping Quillmane in SK over four days and maybe 40 hours on FV. This was for my forth or fifth Magician alternate. I am kind of weird that way in that I like doing quests. I don't expect anyone else to be that kind of weird. I find the occasional quest as a nice break from the tedium of leveling. If the devs wanted epics to mean something, we would have 5.0 available by now.IMO they just went a different route making friends and grouping more important with a heavy dose of give us our $15/month and we will give you free AAs and killer Mercenaries. Probably a good move on the devs part since I am thinking of going full access on my second and third accounts just for the AAs.
  20. Lianeb Augur

I don’t think you can classify all epics as just nice to have, some of them absolutely class defining even today. Unless you are talking about the 1.0s, but some of the 2.0s are so powerful you are neglecting your character in a big way if you don’t have it.
    Skewert, yerm and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.