Is Multi-questing still possible?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paincake, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Paincake Elder

I was asking the other day about WTB jboots , and some people were saying that it wasn't possible anymore. When I read that, I had realized that I haven't seen ANY 's being offered so far. Only Loot Rights for no drop items.

Where is the official patch notes or whatever for these important types of changes? I looked through and read the patch notes back to Sept 2018 I think. But Mangler has only been out for a couple of weeks.

I have a lot of other questions about various systems too, that I just cannot find real info on. It would be great to have some place that lists the changes made.
  2. yerm Augur

I was able to multiquest my cleric epic recently (I farmed it on a mage) no problems at all. I am reasonably certain it still works as it always has except for the specific changes such as shamans.
  3. Paincake Elder

I should have stated, this was on Mangler server.
  4. Zansobar Augur

I've heard DBG is slowly getting around to fixing this at least on some quests. I'm not sure if they will fix all of these exploits since they've been in the game for so long, but I've heard some have been fixed. It seems like it would be an easy global fix, so I'm guessing they are applying their fixes in an uneven and biased way, like most of their fixes.
  5. Paincake Elder

Wait, are you calling multi-questing an "exploit"? Are you saying that they are slowing getting around to "removing more possibility of multi-questing?" Or are you saying they they are slowing getting around to "fixing" them so they CAN be multi-quested again?
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Multi-questing is still in the game and won't be going anywhere. You could essentially skip the entire shaman epic quest, which is what they fixed.
  7. Paincake Elder

Again....."I've heard" and "wont be going anywhere".....are there any official posts about this?
  8. Aegir Augur

I think the only reason people are not selling Multiquests atm for Jboots, is that it's more efficient to sell loot-rights.

You can get right back business getting the next ring to sell with loot rights, where as you have to abandon camp, drive-by shoot a shadowmen camp for a rapier - and have Hasten up in RM to do Hand-in for a multiquest trade.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

You want an official post about something that isn't happening? lol
  10. Paincake Elder

I suppose you are right. :)
  11. Iyacc Augur

Jboots can still be multiquested - confirmed on Selo. Had a guildie do his turn in and screw up the amount of coin. Hasten kept the ring and rapier but gave him back all of his coin. He turned in the correct amount of coin and received his jboots.

Not multiquested between two different people technically but it's still the same motions and result.
  12. Ceffener Augur

MQed JBoots on Tuesday, on Mangler.
  13. Prathun Developer

The patch notes are for changes, not things that weren't changed. ;)

The quests that were changed were called out in the February 2019 patch notes:

- Spear of Fate - It is no longer possible to bypass steps in this epic quest by completing early steps multiple times.
    - - Hand-ins for this quest can no longer be multiquested.
    - 10th Ring Questline - Made the following changes:
    - - Hand-ins for the Coldain ring quests can no longer be multiquested.
    Protagonist likes this.
  14. Serona Elder

Definitely don’t think it would be an easy global fix. Fairly certain every quest is individually written, and what is accepted from who etc to complete a quest is defined on each quest.
    snailish likes this.
  15. snailish Augur

They appear to target (from time to time) quests that players cause drama* over.

Several epics and Cabilis class quests have had tweaks in the past few years. Coldain quests...

If I had to guess, I would say more epic and more Cabilis class quests would be the next most likely targets. I doubt they go after Temple of Sol Ro or PoP era newbie armor...

*drama being ninjaing, griefing someone else's completion, and/or blatant overselling of it.
  16. Zansobar Augur

Well since when you give multiple items to an npc there are containers that appear or are needed, then you'd have to check if the item received by the npc was in that container and that container was flagged as having been in that character's inventory. Then just check if all the pieces are there or not for that step or complete quest, if not return the items (don't accept them) if so then advance the step or complete the quest (give credit to the person giving them that also has the flag that it was in their inventory). Bottom line they just need to add the additional step of checking for origin (inventory flag) of which character gives the item to the NPC.

There are a lot of ways to fix multiquesting. But DBG just needs to work on the most important and usual ones, such as Epic steps and very popular items first. This seems to be the tactic that DBG is taking now.
  17. Protagonist Tank

Snerk.
    Prathun likes this.
  18. That One Guy Augur

Most people that buy these quest items do it to save themselves time. People have real life stuff and dont want to spend weeks on their quest. Changing multi quest is NOT a benefit.
  19. Tren Journeyman

I agree changing multi quest is not a benefit. However, removing bonus experience from halflings and warriors was not a benefit either......
  20. That One Guy Augur

Well the halfling thing was fixing a bug that no one wanted fixed because halfling were never supposed to have this bonus.

I don't think multiquesting is a bug.