Upgrades to enchanters for next expansion

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Fian Augur

I just wanted to create a thread to capture areas to improve the enchanter class.

New AE DD spell - last one is 104. Enchanters don't get upgrades that often, but raids are starting to be designed assuming AE damage, so maybe it is time to give enchanters an upgrade in the next expansion.

Gather Mana - It has been a while that we have gotten an upgrade to this AA. The mana return isn't all that much, and it has a long reuse timer (30 min?).

2nd Spire - This regenerates mana for a group, but it is so piddly compared to modern mana pools, it is pretty useless. An upgrade to this would make the AA useful again.

Invis Improve - This is the most likely to be unbalancing, but I will toss it out there. Rogues now have SOS2. Maybe create an invis spell that is SOS1? Bards also have a invis song to both regular and undead at same time. Maybe give that to enchanters as well? This would probably make the most sense when level cap is raised to 115 since bards only got it at 110. Although technically enchanters were the invis masters - we got invis at level 4 while bards got it at 19.
    PhantasmaRathe and Lockdown like this.
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

Oh boy. You had to do it, huh Fian? Now I can't exit this thread without commenting.

1. Group NET (or delete NET) - Everyone wants it. Casters, tanks, healers, melee. But there isn't enough of it to go around. Having this buff on a 45+ second recast timer for single target is patently ridiculous, and makes me feel like I'm still raiding in 2001 when I had to click epic haste on 71 people in a raid.

[IMG]

If I want myself and my fellow Enchanters to maximize NET usage, we not only require a full 5+ minute prep-time, we have to use timers to coordinate NET casts. This is what my NET timers look like *after* resetting them before an event starts. When this list is full, it takes half my screen.

Just give us group NET, please, or delete the spell entirely. I promise you there is not an Enchanter main currently playing this game that would miss it.

2. Unity Spell Runes - Again, another instance of "here's a great toy you never want to use because its usability is horrendous." We have 3 spell runes (2 DoT, 1 nuke), all on extended recast timers. Just give us one double rune that does Nuke/Dot shielding in a single cast, please. Every other class gets QoL features like this in their buffs, and while I realize that's not the same as functional damage shielding, given the current state of Enchanters as one of the premiere support classes (I prefer the term "caster batteries"), I don't think anyone is going to be up-in-arms about unity damage shielding.

3. Unity Haste/Clarity - Same as above. We just want the same QoL features every other class gets. Micromanaging of buffs is not fun, enjoyable, or interactive.

4. DPS Adjustment - Yes, I'm still on this. I'm pretty sick of getting beat by tanks in full tank groups on burns when I've rolling with full caster ADPS (including a Bard) and parsing at the top of my class on a consistent basis. Outside of a few select events, the only additions I bring to the raid are DPS and ADPS, and I'd like to feel like I'm adding a personal DPS contribution on each raid. Put us in line with Beastlords and *ahem* Rangers. I'd be happy to help gauge adjustments and test them. I'm not interested in being Ring-of-Scale OP, I just want to feel some personal class satisfaction outside of "I turn other people into the hulk."

5. Instant cast Bite of Tashani. Please Dzarn. Do the right thing (TM).

6. Reduction in recast timer for IoG - Put it on the same recast as GBW. This will make burn synchronization easier for casual guilds (without overtly punishing bad timing too harshly) while giving caster DPS a minor bump to stay competitive moving into the next (very likely non level increase) expansion. Make it an AA I have to sink 1,000 points into. Replayability!

If Enchanters are going to be the premiere caster ADPS/support archetype, continue to beef up that side of our kit. Allow us to contribute meaningful personal DPS to our raids/groups (DPS adjustment). Give us QoL features for our buffs (Unity spells, Group NET). Enhance our ability to provide support (Removal of Bite of Tashani cast time, reduction in IoG timers). All of these changes are aimed directly at increasing our ability to perform the role the development team has carved out for us in raids/groups.

I'm sure I have more things, but that's off the top of my head for stuff we would all pretty much universally die to have.

[IMG]
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Excellent diagram!

Kizant and Sancus appears to be identical twins, who knew?
    Sancus and gotwar like this.
  4. Brohg Augur

Sancus had to put his hat back on

IblisTheMage, gotwar and Sancus like this.
  5. kizant Augur

Note that we don't have NET in that gina overlay screenshot. :(
    Sancus likes this.
  6. mmats Augur

Yea I think its an excellent scheme they have going to create "content" these days. Let us have instant cast bite of tashani for a few years, then take it away, then give it back, etc etc.
  7. Verily Tjark Augur

Can we just delete this thread and hope we don't get nerfed?
    grimess, Skewert and RPoo like this.
  8. Vizier Augur

Right??? Man I thought i was going crazy.
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Don't give up the fight. The change on recast times on the rune was frankly enough of a nerf. The additional scaling back of damage wasn't necessary.
    Lannin likes this.
  10. Ismel Augur

/weaves hand there is no NET

NET is absurdly anti quality of life, nuke it from orbit! Anything that cant be mgbed should be removed or be group only.

Unity buff like every other buffing class, we do 5 mgbs/group spells no one likes to wait for that and with the spell gems at a premium and long recast on the 3 spell shield buffs makes it even more of a drag.
    The 5 are C, Haste, Legion of skrizix, Transfixers Auspice and Legion of Milyex.

I want to say higher dps, but I always say that unless I win every parse and then I want more ac, so ignore me on that one =)

I do think enc dots mana cost is slightly to high or the personal manaregen is to low, its not way out of balance but it could use a boost/improvement

minor thing that would make me happy

increase the range of slowing helix aa to match normal spell range with focus casting tash and then not being able to slow right away is like stubbing a toe.

Somnolence: why do we even have a side debuff on slowing Helix aa just bake it in to the next slow, another debuffslot free on raid npcs, or at least make duration match slowing helix, right now its just a nuisence that I have to recast every 2 min on raids.
  11. Genusii Journeyman

The following changes are based on enchanter being mitigated to adps.

Make all group beneficial spells and aas group and raid beneficial without needing mgb's - including synergy. MGB's for the guild hall and guild lobby.

Make our covenant apply to all classes for 18 seconds; remove fulmination so the duration is always 18 seconds.

The NET becoming group would be sweet.

AA to remove the hate reduction to spells we cast on others (tenebrous rune). Imagine it working like SCS.

Personal note:

Gotwar, you are very helpful on these boards. I appreciate all you have said over the years. Thank you!
    gotwar likes this.
  12. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

First I need to say Got you are the best. If we could elect a player representative I would vote Got for mayor of chanter-ville;).

I would agree with everything listed above already, but place more of an emphasis on two things:
    1. Bite of Tashani - remove the cast time.
    2. Update our abilities and stop giving us "new" charm spells!
    The first one was covered, but in regards to #2:
    2nd Spire does next to nothing when your grinding.
    1st Spire ... Has this ever been useful to anyone?
    Doppelgangers would be much more useful if you were not shadow-stepped away.
    Illusory Ally why did we lose this again? I miss having this.
    Does anyone use the different charm spells? Maybe I am missing something, but I only use the highest level one and can see no reason for the mid level versions nor the add on versions we seem to get with every new expansion that does not have a level increase.
    Thats my 2 coppers anyways!
    -Saerza Kosza, 110 ENC of FV
    "I can turn mages into deities, wizards into godlings, but I dont do my own DPS anymore"
    Just_Another_SK likes this.
  13. Zildjiin New Member

Same timer as Fierce Eye? Get a little saucy?
    RPoo likes this.
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

How long has it been since we had to mana drain anything?
  15. RPoo Augur

A verily long time, Dragons of norrath?
  16. ~Mills~ Augur

Make IOG 160% for dots as well!
    Lannin and RPoo like this.
  17. smash Augur

Highly unlikely the inproved invis.

Around 10 years they were actually going to give some classes it. But stooped because it allowed too many to shortcut through places. So they dropped it.
  18. Rogue-loving Chanter New Member

1. Group NET (or delete NET) - Everyone wants it. Casters, tanks, healers, melee. But there isn't enough of it to go around. Having this buff on a 45+ second recast timer for single target is patently ridiculous, and makes me feel like I'm still raiding in 2001 when I had to click epic haste on 71 people in a raid.

[IMG]

I agree with all your suggestions...but they need to fix NET so that it doesn't overwrite the Jann's Veil benefit. No one in my guild wants NET anymore because the Jann's Veil benefit is better.
  19. kizant Augur

Jann's is terrible compare to NET.
    Saer-tse-tao, Lannin and Sancus like this.
  20. RPoo Augur

They should just remove jann's light proc from the benefit illusion buff /nod