Luck on item changed after seeing it in advloot window

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Raccoo, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Raccoo Augur

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen item luck change from advloot window to when you looted it? I had Mechanic's Drape that dropped yesterday with 4 luck, and after I looted it showed no luck whatsoever, until I zoned, and then it had 1 luck. I thought it was just me, but the other player who was in the group saw the same luck before it was looted. Not a big deal to me, I'm not worried since I'm not sure if luck is all that useful, but it might be a bug, and wondering if more people have seen it happen.
  2. Grove Augur

Thought that this was to be expected based on an introduction to luck that I read some time ago. (I don't think I can find a link, but it might be in the expansion - TBL - material.)
  3. Eaiana Augur

This has happened to me too. Loot luck items by leaving them on the corpse and looting the old fashioned way; something odd happens and luck is stripped sometimes when looting through the advance looting system.
    Yendar likes this.
  4. Yendar Augur

I saw the same bug.. thought I was tripping out lol
  5. Funk Augur

Noticed in a GMM raid we got two of the same item. Both had the same luck value but when distributed one was different.
  6. Rondor Augur

This has been happening to me as well the last few months also with TBL items. I posted about it in the "Live Update Bugs 03/20/2019" thread, if you want to see some details. It sounds like exactly the same thing I have been experiencing for a while.

The "two items with same luck in /advl window but only one of them keeps that luck when looted, but the other gets less luck (but not zero/one luck)" has also happened to me a few times too, in the group mission "The Darkness Howls".

Most recently, there were 2 pet earrings in /advl both of which showed up as 4-luck. The master looter assigned both items to my character via right-click menu and choosing my magician's name from the dropdown. My magician looted the first one from the personal loot area in the /advl window, and it still had 4 luck . Then when I looted the second one it only had 2 luck. (I later successfully fused the two pet earrings into one combined one with 5 luck.)

The symptoms are not quite the same as the related bug of an item being looted, losing all its luck, unless left on corpse. But maybe it's the same problem really? Maybe there's a zero-luck item on the same corpse/chest (like a weapon or shield or range item) and somehow that no-luck item's luck is bleeding over to the item with luck, upon loot? An off-by-one index bug in the looting code?

Developers would have to look to know for sure, but it "sounds like" or "feels like" something like that.
  7. Rondor Augur

To be clear, two bugs, maybe related to each other, maybe not:
    • Sometimes an item that has 1 or more luck showing in the /advl window is stripped of its luck upon being looted, and after zoning that item then becomes exactly 1 luck.
    • When there is more than one of the same item on a corpse or in a chest, they may both show the same amount of luck in the /advl window but when you loot them, one will have the shown luck, while the other one may have a different amount of luck after looting it.
    In my case I have always managed to "preserve" the luck in case #1 above (when there's only one of the item with luck on the corpse) by doing "Leave on corpse" and looting the item with the old right-click-corpse loot window.
    Eaiana likes this.