Valhallah with the Mearatas win!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Ryino Elder

2. Zvenn Just an old monk

3. Dovhesi Elder

Very nice, grats Valhallah! :)

Seeing some salty ppl in this thread, so I just couldn't resist...

[IMG]
  4. Lianeb Augur

I actually enjoy watching the videos and streams if for no other reason than to see how guilds do things differently or the same, to deal with the multiple mechanics in some of today’s raids.
  5. Dovhesi Elder

[IMG]
    Ambition, Skalde, Drogba and 7 others like this.
  6. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I didn't mean I didn't enjoy it, I very much did.

From the ROI -->MS-->Valhallah these videos have all been a blast.

I just meant that its craziness compared to the group content in Ember, Smoke, Fire or even GMM that I experience when I log in a few times a week to mess around with the 10 people max that I play with regularly.
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

Just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I personally appreciate hearing this.

There's a small(ish?) group of us on here that strongly feel Everquest needs more content creators making interesting media for the gaming community to enjoy. It's the kind of thing that has huge potential to draw in a new audience to the game and remind the old faithful that we're still going strong.

I'm really hoping to find some more time to produce (bad?) Everquest content and enthusiastic to see others doing the same. Whether it's streaming, quality Youtube shows like The Everquest Show, raid wins like the ones seen in Mearatas, guides, or whatever else, digital content is something anyone can create to help the game continue to thrive!
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

See I knew the FV crew would show up on this achievement. They were amongst my 5 I thought might get it. I thought it would happen sooner... but totally understand, esp with this event.

GRATS Val!!!!!

Now if Triton and ROTE pull it off I'll be 5/5 in my prediction.
    Alarya likes this.
  9. Thrillho Augur

Congrats guys! No easy feat! Glad to see the vid / stream trend is popping up more and more, too.
    Alarya, Slivern and Sancus like this.
  10. Lianeb Augur

In most cases I have seen in the mearatas videos they only show a portion of the chaos that is this raid.
    AEs that do a HP/Edur/Mana based on how far from center you are.
    AE that do HP/Endur/Mana based on how close you are to center.
    Elemental Madness that is HP/Mana/Endur from Mephits left up to long
    Root bane mephits that when rooted then have proximity Agro
    Sentinels that continually spawn from 70% to 0 that need damaged to 90 before you can bane them, if they make it to the center is a very large AE
    Half the raid getting a curse debuff, that if a poison cure is used you AE the raid, while the other half gets a poison debuff that if not cured DTs you every 30s
    Lava bombs that do damage per second (and quite a bit of it) it starts with just 1 but eventually gets up to 6
    Waves of mephits that also require certain banes, this starts with 3 then 4 then 5 all at very predictable intervals until after 25% it’s waves of 6 till the end
    Hallway debuffs that protect you from an AE full Mana/Endur drain and about a 300k nuke IF you are far enough into the correct hallway
    Then all of this culminates in death add mephits, oh god the mephits

Even if you do survive one of these numerous missteps 20 others didn’t and now there are 20 mephits rampaging the raid and making more mephits.

The reason most people get stuck at 25% is that each of these these things mainly happens one at a time in each phase of the event, then at 25% to 0 you are dealing with all of it at the same time

There is just a lot going on the videos are not able to show
    Jordis, Littlelegs, Alarya and 7 others like this.
  11. Odiiusx Elder

Grats Valhallah. That is one heck of a raid to defeat.
  12. Thrillho Augur

Well said. And even if you try to show it, or at least don't try to hide it, you only get the perspective of one person and their role. Watching a healer vs tank vs melee vs caster is going to give you wildly different perspectives. Without instruction, you can only glean so much from the videos.

Ok guys, we need more banes to win!
    Got it, boss! Uh... What's a bane?
    Alarya likes this.
  13. Telkiney Elder

Gratz Val!! Keep up the amazing work (so I can buy your downgrades) Kappa

*goes back to wiping on Stratos*
    Alarya, Killaas_FV and gotwar like this.
  14. Horyuken Augur

Wow, no wonder the zone lags. I didn't know the EQ engine could handle so much going on server side!
  15. Derresh Augur

lags bad at 100% before any of those mechanics even come into play, fun watching boss run all the way down a hallway then warp back everytime he gets moved.
  16. Horyuken Augur

When the event starts the script is running mostly checking for the different variables. It's like any game, the more calculations the game has to make the slower the performance. Just because something isn't happening doesn't mean the script stops checking to see if it should be happening. Sounds like a lot of variables in that raid.
  17. Sancus Augur

Just to clear something up, since a few people have mentioned this to me. Towards the start of the video Gotcharms says "Do not move until I move" right as I start moving, which is rather comical. I would like to illustrate why I'm innocent in picture format:

[IMG]
  18. Thrillho Augur

Photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels. And by the way the background warps around your... ahem.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

And here I thought it was just your anti-authority personality shining through. Instead, it’s docotored images, lies and excuses.

For shame!
    Alarya, IblisTheMage, Bahdah and 2 others like this.
  20. Tour Augur

Congrats!
    Alarya likes this.