Agro is all messed up please fix!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

So dots don't deagro when you zone. Mobs don't forget about you when you zone.

We are on our 9th wipe of the night trying to get some people through trial of ash(you know that tier 1 mission that is the hardest mission in TBL that just is horrible) Anyways, I succor because the warrior died again, and guess what my druid gets summoned. Succoring no longer removes agro. This is part of the dot revamp to show that dot damage gets associated with dead corpses.

Anyways, please remove the thing you did from 2 patches ago, with the dots counting to the corpses. This thing will summon now after you evac even if there are no dots on the mob. It'll summon because evacing doesn't remove the agro.

You can now zone out of the zone, then come back in and the mobs will keep you on agro.

Anyways, it's broken... Please fix.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. svann Augur

Its not the corpse, I dont think. When you come back if the dot is still ticking then the mob will know you cast it and will reaggro. Im guessing this is to prevent people from dotting a mob up then evaccing and then getting free damage on it.
  3. Dewey Augur

The dev's changed it 2 patches ago. You can read the notes. Anyways what this did was change many things.

If a rogue has a dot on a mob, then they can no longer target themselves and invis themselves past other mobs. This messes up their pulling capabilities.

If a dotting class dots a mob, and you evac... It used to be that the dots didn't reagro. Now you can be half way across the zone and not get into ooc regin for 2 minutes because of those dots.

The agro for this one was definitely messed up. The mob wasn't even dotted and it still remember who we were after succor. Therefore; the dev's making it so that dots gave corpses credit for the dot... That messed up succor somehow; to where even if you succor you don't lose agro. Even if you zone out, into another zone, and zone back in. You still have agro.

It's just super annoying and I hope that it's not a feature that will be staying with us. After the rogue got his escape nerfed, it was always a consulation that he got a succor in which he could wipe agro. However; because of that patch, that is no longer the case. Which removed a pulling tool that I used. Super annoying.

Thanks
  4. Dagum Elder

So there we were, we were far away from the zone line. The tank died, it was a wipe. So I figured succor. It's like I succored the mob with us. The dots lead a mob straight to us at the zone line. Now it's dotted and snared at the zone line. Sitting there waiting for us for 13 minutes(druid snare)

We were half way into the zone and the mob warped on us because of the dot tick. Succor should remove agro. Zoning should remove agro. There is no reason that a mob should warp half way across the zone to agro you.

If this stays in the game. With seeing this and the mob warp. I might have to change my strategty. I've seen it do this twice now. I bet I could have the group parked at entrance. Dot the mob I want, and succor to pull it single to the group. It should work with mobs that can fall off platforms like stratos, smoke...

Still stupid annoying.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Haha. Fastest way to get stuff fixed - post a method of sploiting it.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

This is a problem because it causes an unintended accident.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

I am gonna check this out hahahaha
  8. Eaiana Augur

We had a sad but funny thing happen due to this last night on Povar. Someone was killing KOS mobs in GMM and died. He took a campfire back in to the room with the HA task givers. One of his DoTs ticked, the mob re-aggroed, and warped into the room, killing everyone AFK there, or setting up for the HAs. I zoned in soon after, it looked like a raid wipe had occurred there.
    Brohg, Yinla and svann like this.
  9. sauron3030 Elder

This sounds like a good way to pull mobs to zi.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  10. Forcallen Augur

I don't know why they changed this. Its good when battle rezzed in raids or when recovering as a group as your dots now continue to do damage instead of not. But on evacs or wipe rez it can be annoying if you are not paying attention. Yes you can get mobs to do some unintended things with it at times.
  11. Tucoh Augur

I agree that the regaining of aggro from dots/debuffs is something that should be fixed, but for the lava trial specifically I recommend resetting the instance if you wipe.
  12. Dagum Elder

Let me set the stage.

The group evac'ed the shammy was dead. The rogue grabbed the shammy's corpse. We rezzed the shammy. The shammy got summoned and died.

All mobs where at 100% and just shammy debuffs were on the mobs. This was not in the ash trial. Anyways it's super annoying. Please fix; no one should get summoned and died after a rez when the group has no agro.
  13. Morthakia Augur

This was the great Necromancer DoT revamp that people have been asking for since years ago!!!!

Some things to consider:

If the DoT isn’t attributable to a specific player, can it still crit? Twincast? Did this fix make it so that dead DoTers actually do more damage due to focus effects? I’d be curious to know...
  14. Natal Augur

Mobs in GMM can kill people who are not afk?
  15. niente Developer

The changes to DoT aggro after a death/zone change are being reverted in the April patch.
  16. Natal Augur

Mobs should regen to full health and clear all spells if anyone on their agro list evacs, fades, shadowsteps or gates IMO.
  17. Tappin Augur

Lol - probably cause people are using it to pull mobs to zone in? /grins
  18. niente Developer

This change was made with the intent that a necro who dies and is resurrected doesn't have their parse entirely decimated, however, I didn't consider the evac / zone back in case (actually not wanting the DoT to re-associate with you). An alternative would be to have DoT aggro be front-loaded (you get DoT aggro from the initial spell landing and not additional aggro every tick) but this would have been additional work and possibly harm aggro balance. If it makes you feel better I've had groups wipe because of evac + DoT re-aggroing NPCs, and I've also had about 100 people tell me they hate it, it is super gone.
    RPoo, Nykara2, Emarra and 2 others like this.
  19. kizant Augur

That's something they do in lesser games.
    Alarya and IblisTheMage like this.
  20. Raccoo Augur

It would be nice if the game could tell the difference between dying, and evacing. It would be nice for the damage to continue after death, but not on evac/levant/zone.