Whats up DBG?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tullian, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Tullian Journeyman

Do you guys really need to be so overboard with the spam filters? I am sure I am not the only one tired of this crap. You cant even have a conversation in tells with out 50% of it being filtered and having to keep spam on show just to see what there saying. I get the reason for this but seriously I would rather have to add spammers to ignore multi times a day then deal with this filtering system and then you have the people who flag your account as spam because they don't like you or you left there guild so they have people mark you then you have to petition to have it removed or else its 100 times as bad as the normal filters
    Ferriciean likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hey I just realized I haven't seen a single of the China Plat seller spam on selo.

That's fantastic!
    EQfun and Taladir like this.
  3. Taladir Augur

Wow... now that you mention it, neither have I. That is a really great improvement from Phinny and Agnarr.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Damn, wow this one sailed over my head too, I've just been grumpy all the time at my tells not going through lol.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

Come to think of it....I haven't seen one on Mangler, either...
    EQfun likes this.
  6. EnchFWO Augur

It's super annoying. I can seriously send an almost identical tell on Live and have it go through fine and then on Mangler it's marked as spam and blocked/hidden.

I would MUCH rather just block/ignore actual spammers than have 25% of my tells get blocked. It's ridiculous AF.
  7. yerm Augur

Are people reporting you guys as spam? The only people I know with this problem were ones who talked a ton of in public channels during a dps race and probably got mass reported. Do you auction in ooc or shout or the general channel, instead of actual auction? That tends to be a big one for getting reported too.
  8. patheticvicious New Member

Yeah I've noticed this issue as well. I hate it when this happens to me. Maybe I should look for an attorney.
  9. Protagonist Tank

Literally never had a problem with it. Rather than complaining that you're being filtered, consider why your behavior is intersectional with behavior that needs to be filtered.
  10. EnchFWO Augur

:rolleyes: Right... cus it's always the person and not an inherent flaw with the system.

This started happening to me 1)before being in a guild, 2) before anything in OOC, 3) only using /auction channel for sales, and I could go on. My name isn't even the same as Live so any psycho with a vendetta wouldn't even know.

I think your self-righteous high horse ran off now though. Would you like to buy a SoW to catch it?
    Ferriciean likes this.
  11. yerm Augur

Not sure what to tell ya buddy. Others aren't suffering spam flagging, and instead are realizing how spam-free it is now and appreciating whatever DBG did to clean that up.

Also I am waiting for self-righteous high horses to be readded to the marketplace. In the meantime, maybe take a second to see what you are doing that all the many others not spam-flagged are not that got you pinned down?
  12. Febb Augur

Make sure you are running the patcher and not bypassing it. If you bypass it, there is a bug that marks you as a new account and will set your filtering as if you are a possible spammer.

If the account is new then you'll need to have people mark your stuff as not spam. Eventually that problem will go away.
  13. EnchFWO Augur

I'm not pinned down - it happens randomly with people in the middle of conversations. Seems most likely a server-side lag issue since I can delete a "." or single word from the /tell and it sends fine. It's an actual issue happening; get off this troll-wagon of trying to blame players who did nothing.

PS. I also find it highly ironic that you would respond with this garbage.
  14. Protagonist Tank

Sorry, that didn't come through. Could you resend it?
    Captain Video likes this.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Easy. He's not wrong. The spam filters are intense here with very innocuous tells, which I've seen over a variety of characters. But it's a good thing if it's linked to the decrease in plat farming / PL service spam.

It's especially noticeable if you use a lot of commas or if you use other server names in longer sentences - for example, I've had a lot of problems discussing things in tells that happened with friends on previous servers. Those same sentences go through easily in group or guild chat.
  16. EnchFWO Augur

I'm glad you at least came back with an amusing response since your original post was worthless. TY!
  17. Protagonist Tank

I was busy not behaving like an automated script that needs to be filtered.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

Makes sense now why all the channels on Mangler got more quiet. You stopped typing.

You realize it's okay to admit your original completely off base assumption and attacks against me were incorrect right? Do you even remember the actual point of this thread? Or were you too busy counting how many Lv 1 trolls you have that you forgot?

Seriously- attacking players on the forums for actual issues that OBVIOUSLY are not spam etc. is just stupid. I'm not sure who you're trying to impress?
  19. Protagonist Tank

We've learned why people report you as spam. Just so you know: It really is about who you are as a person.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  20. EnchFWO Augur

I'm sorry it's so hard for you to admit you were wrong though. :)