Bard Box in Underfoot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm curious what songs folks are singing on their bards for the group game. My bard is part of my 5-box team. He doesn't just stand in the corner. He casts Bellow on every mob, as well as some other AAs, he lulls and mezzes when necessary, and he melees. My melody lineup is:

War March of Brekt
    Cantata of Rodcet
    Aria of the Poet
    Arcane Anthem
    Pests of the Piper (for fun and... well, rats!)

I have Aura of the Poet so I guess I could use that in place of Aria of the Poet and put something else in the lineup.

Any suggestions or am I on the right track?
  2. Machentoo Augur

Whats your group makeup?
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Well, I have two groups.

Primary:
    SK
    Bard
    Shaman
    Monk
    Mage
    (Cleric Merc)

Secondary:
    SK
    Bard
    Enchanter
    Cleric
    Wizard
    (Rogue Merc)
  4. Machentoo Augur

I'd probably swap out Pests of the Piper for Talendor's Aria. Also add crescendo.
    Accipiter likes this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I use psalm too, for the DS.

Side note, pooping out 2 mini bards is perhaps the greatest AA of all time. I snorted coffee all over my keyboard this morning.
    Accipiter likes this.
  6. Baldur Augur

Pests of the piper reuse is 2.5 minutes I think, you should be running more songs.

I run 6 regular songs and then crescendo and pests in the melody.

I actually have 2 melody buttons, one with crescendo and one without, in case I don't want to run it.

6 songs I run on my box bard:
    War March of Brekt
    Cantata of Rodcet
    Dirge of the Fallen Rathe
    Jonthan's Mightful Caretaker
    Dance of the Dragorn
    Arcane Arietta

Not sure why you're running Aria of the Poet in a box group as it's handled by the bard's aura.

Also note that you need the song duration increase AAs in order to run 6 songs. But if you don't have them you should get them asap.
    Accipiter likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Thanks, all, for the suggestions.

Yes, that one only fires when it's up. Thankfully, "You must select a target for this spell" no longer stops /melody.

Yep, I just got the aura so I'll make that switch.

The description for Tune Stuck in Your Head AA says it's 5 minute duration and 30 minute recast time. It looks like only one rank available in Underfoot (at least according to Raid Loot). Am I missing something?

OK, Talendor's is in. I guess I'll add Crescendo, too. I see it's 5 ticks duration so that helps.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Crescendo is a ~2 minute recast. The "duration" isn't the window when you get the effect. When the duration expires, everyone gets a big boost of mana/endurance. So if you just stick it in your melody, it will hugely boost your mana/end regen over the long term. But it does take bard mana, so you'll eventually go oom if you use it whenever it is up.
  9. Parker Elder

Aria has always been superior to aura for spell damage. Aura effects summoned pets whereas aria does not. Dropping a totem aura is good if your a chain puller and want a lesser spell damage effect on when out of camp, which can also be mitigated by putting aria first in melody and try to time your arrival back at the group with the restart of your melody aka aria refresh...its that good of a song.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, I see. Usually I'm out of endurance from casting Bellow so I have to go OOC regen now and then anyway.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Understood. I probably won't notice the difference in my group.
  12. Baldur Augur

No, the passive ones, not tune stuck in your head.

I can't remember the name, beneficial spell duration increase ones, same as the casters get I believe.

There was just a 4th level of it in UF that allows you to run 6 songs without any falling off.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Hmmm... I have pretty much all the AAs. I'll check on it.
  14. Machentoo Augur

It is extended ingenuity, not spell casting reinforcement as casters get. It's the one for melees for clickies, but it affects bard songs too.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Yep, I have em. I'm dumb and just never put it together. I often get focused on getting the job done and don't slow down and figure out the tools I have available to me. It was a long time before I figured out how crazy Boastful Bellow is. It's hard to keep up with all the AAs and spells on 8 characters. This is my first bard so I'm a bit behind there.