Bristlebane Day Quest "This Ain't Right"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by treehugger, Mar 21, 2019.

1. treehugger Journeyman

So I am trying to complete the Bristlebane Day quest "This Ain't Right" and I answer the riddle correctly, but instead of the Riddle Master doing his dialogue regarding how could I get it right, it just jumps to speak to Bristlebane, who happens to never spawn, making the quest unable to be completed. Am I missing something? I have tried 3 times and this happens each time.
  2. Ladene The Ancient

I just had the same experience with this quest. it appears to be broken and unable to be completed.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Same here :(. It worked last year.
  4. Toukan Augur

Same on Povar, happened to me twice
  5. Drakah UI Designer

I am in this mission right now, for the 2nd time, still no Bristlebane.
  6. treehugger Journeyman

Would be nice to have some acknowledgment that this has been seen. I have bugged it but would like to finish this and complete the achievement, and not have to wait a year.
  7. Dewey Augur

So I just returned to EQ like last year, and I just found out about this quest after the Anniversary event was over. So I waited almost a year, and it's broken.

Bristlebane has not spawned for me. I have tried it 3 times. Has anyone gotten this to work at all? Is "Bee" not the right answer?

Please help, I don't want to go another year without this horse.

Thanks
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It appears to be broke and we are getting no response from the powers that be. But on a side note you do realize this is a hobby horse and not one that you can run around on in game like a normal mount?
  9. Dewey Augur

I have many other horses. I desire the hobby horse as it is a useful clicky.
  10. svann Augur

I was thinking it might be useful in a raid with fears.
  11. Absor Developer

I'll look at it.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Dewey Augur

Thank you!
  13. Absor Developer

Good news: I found the problem and fixed it (internally).
    Bad news: It can't be hot fixed and will have to be fixed with the next update.
  14. qberskies New Member

Will the next update be before the anniversary event ends? Or will we have to wait until next year to do the quest?

Thank you for looking into this!
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hobby Horse = rocks
    Absor = rocks

ROCK ON!

For 2019, the quests returned March 20 at 00:00 PDT and will end April 2 23:59 PDT. Maybe they will extend it?
  16. Derd Augur

ALL anniversary quests end May 12 th.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

Its not an anniversary task so now we will have to wait until next year :(
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It has mount blessing Paza: Mana regen +5, Health regen +5, 350 HP.

You drop the horse and keep the blessing, then cast your normal mount. The highest blessing remains in effect.

This was a great quest to come back at anniversary time and create a new character, level up to 10 and do this. The first part sends you various places to kill based on your level (10 is Sad Wooly Spiders in Halas). And the second part (mobs in a PoK instance) scale to your level.

Super easy quest, mobs con red but are cake, so you make made great exp too.
  19. treehugger Journeyman

So what you are saying is no Hobby Horse or achievement this year, lol.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes this I know about stat buffs and mounts and how to drop the window but keep the buffage but I did not know if other poster knew it was not a real mount as many people ask that in our chat. If its a real mount.
    MasterMagnus likes this.