GMM risk vs reward out of whack? mobs need tuning up

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gingadin, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Bigstomp Augur

If it was pure anniversary and would go away soon, great. But for a permanent addition there is no reason to visit older content other than for visible armor.
  2. Yendar Augur

I don't think any of the TBL missions are anywhere near as easy personally. I have been running my group geared monk through these GMM missions molo (grouped with my 85.. now 91 Heroic ranger that i'm leaving at zone in for exp) and the missions take me under an hour.

Tyrant/Contract of War/Relic Raider are REALLY easy missions but require a couple people generally, I mean i'm sure Chanters and SKs can solo tyrant but having the mobs linked is definitely a lot tougher.. not to mention they hit much harder than GMM.

Doomfire Delivery mission was REALLY easy when you were able to skip Doomfire, but they've fixed that.
  3. Dewey Augur

So you have missions that can be solo'ed. You haven't even listed all of them. Yet, this mission. This is the one you all want nerfed! I am not going to say what other missions can be solo'd, I just know it can be. Where is the post saying Chanters and SK can solo tyrant? I'll search for the thread as soon as I am done typing this post. I doubt I'll find it.
  4. Yendar Augur

The first mission is kill trash mobs.. it’s extremeky Soloable by any class able to split...

I can easily solo Tyrant on my chanter. He's also in group gear.

I don’t really want it nerfed, I think they said they’re adding GMM to TBL SKU for evolving item exp, I’ll probably go there to finish my items up. I just said the mission/zone are fairly easy. I’m not able to molo trash mobs in PoP efficiently on my monk, I have to wait on eartheforce, blood drinkers etc and it’s tough for me to use offensive discs as I’m always on defense. In GMM I can just plow through everything.. full burn all the time & Cleric mercy keeps me up NP...
  5. Natal Augur

It is a question of balance. If you care about the game's health that should be important to you too.

For the record, I think TBL, at least the early zones, are far too difficult. GMM is far too easy. Neither situation is good for the long term health of the game.

If GMM was dropping tier 1 TBL loot, it would be less of an issue because that stuff is a marginal improvement over RoS group gear.

I would be curious to know what the devs thought process was with the whole TBL thing. First making content that is extremely difficult, basically locking the casual end of the player base out of much of the expansion, then following up with additional content that is completely trivial but with rewards comparable to group end game content in the expansion proper.
  6. Natal Augur

No, there are no TBL missions that are easier than this one. You would need to go back to EoK HAs to find anything of comparable difficulty for current toons, perhaps even as far back as TBM. These mobs hit at most for about 14k, usually a lot less. They are super weak.

My crew is a war/shm/rog with healer/healer/melee dps mercs. I can literally tank an entire wave of mobs in each step. The only challenge is remembering to press the /attack on and /assist hotkeys of the three computers. Granted, my warrior is in raid armor, but keep in mind that if people have been playing TBS group content, their tanks will likely have mitigation/hp not far off raid tanks due to the massive gear inflation that happened in TBL. So they should be able to tank similar numbers allmost as well.
  7. Yendar Augur

Maybe they want to throw people a bone to make some of TBL more manageable. Maybe they lost people due to TBL and want to bring excitement back into the game by having really good loot more easily obtainable. Both seem like benefits to having GMM drop quality loot. If you aren't able to do ALOT of TBL content, you aren't going to get muhbis for you Visibles, so you'll still have a pretty sizable gap between people only able to do GMM content and those able to complete TBL content.
  8. Dewey Augur

The mobs difficulty scales as you move through the task. The mobs at the beginning are easier than the mobs on step 3/4.

You being in raid gear, I don't you noticed this.

Are you tanking these whole waves with no disc? Without using pain doesn't hurt? I would love to see you tank with zero disc and mercs healing pulling the entire wave. No flash for initial aggro, no nothing but put in attack.

Let's see the video. Wow I did not know that raid gear made grouping that easy... Can't wait to see the footage.
    Graves likes this.
  9. Yimin Augur

So what your saying is tanks are over powered ? Cause my Bst and her pet can't tank that many at once !

YiMin
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Spellfire Augur

He is saying that as a raid geared warrior, he does not feel challenged by a content designed for 95+lvl players ....
  11. Natal Augur

That is the problem....it is content designed for lower level players, but it is group end game rewards. Hence the risk v reward being out of whack.
    Xeladom likes this.
  12. Natal Augur

Pretty much without discs. The only sketchy part is the initial engage since merc healers usually take a bit of time to get into the swing of things. Once they get going tanking is not an issue, and the shaman can patch heal if necessary, but that seldom is.

The "scaling" is just more white cons rather than dark blues. The difficulty level does not change. However, it is an HA, and HAs use a standard formula, which just happened to be capped when TBM gave way to EoK and RoS due to issues associated with the TBM missions (TBM missions used the HA system rather than the normal mission design) when player level caps increased.

I think those caps are still in place through oversight, even though the mob level has increased, and that is why the content is so easy. If they removed those caps I think we would be looking at trash mobs in the HAs hitting for 20k+, which is what you would expect for the sort of loot the encounters drop.
  13. Dewey Augur

I honestly don't believe that raid gear is that overpowered right now compared to group gear. You say pretty much without disc... A group gear warrior can not pull the mobs all at once without using pain Doesn't hurt or another disc. I am guessing that you also use ancestrial aid from the shammy...

Anyways, by all means. Let's see the link to the youtube video. Post like this are exactly what got the tanks nerfed last time (remember the video of the guy tanking the spiders in Lcea) Again you say "pretty much without disc" that doesn't mean without disc.

It boils down to this... Your telling me that in Mearatas you can't tank 10 at once, but in this mission you can? What's your record on how many mobs you can tank at once in Mearatas or other missions? I guarentee that if you pull the mobs wrong on the platform your group will wipe if do it wrong. Because the warrior will get mezzed.

Anyways, by all means let's see the video of the raid tank, tanking massive amounts of mobs again... Let's see what that gets ya. Let's see how it's impossible for you to tank even and yellow con Mearatas mobs multiple at a time, but simple for you to do in this mission.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

So what you are saying is for a raid geared tank with two dedicated healers and a backup healer the content is trivial? Is this really all that shocking? Outside of things that require dps checks where you might have to sub out a healer for dps I doubt there is much that is really over the top for someone in your situation. I don't think raid geared players should be the ones trying to dictate the rewards for group geared players. If we want to go down that path group geared people should start raging over every easy raid event that provides BIS gear for minimal effort. There is no good outcome at this point continuing this conversation and suggesting things be changed. Any changes will require developer time which means less content for the next expansion, the potential for players rage quitting over gear nerfs or content being made unbeatable that was fun for them, and ultimately raid geared players will still have BIS gear. All of this to stroke a couple players egos because they feel they worked harder than someone else to obtain their gear. All any of these suggestions do is hurt everyone at the end of the day and provide nothing meaningful to the game.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The difficulty is fine!

The rewards maybe too good, but if it helps players get out of Stratos so be it. I really don't understand the huge gear upgrades at all this expansion and the difficulty of T1 zones TBL zones.

GMM as is, is fun :)
  16. Tucoh Augur

When they make GMM give evolving item xp I'll record some videos of me trying to do these missions in as few pulls as possible. (Group-geared characters and six-boxing).
  17. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

With a mix of RoS raid/TBL group gear on my warrior, I can handle the crunch point of the mission (all nine climbers on the platform) with a few discs and a solid healer. It's not my preferred method, but I didn't bother trying to split them until recently (now I use my ranger to shoot a few as they path, and bring them down to the bottom so there's only 4-5 left when I get up to the platform). If I die when soloing, it's at this point and my merc has died before I could take out a few. When I play with my wife (cleric) our chances of surviving the mass increase dramatically. So yes, it is certainly possible to tank a majority, if not all of the mobs per step. This step tends to be one of the worst since you don't have a lot of options to avoid the guards (I regularly use rampage/AE aggro abilities where possible). I've certainly had some bad pulls in the last step where a badly pathed orc decided to pull a good chunk of the area. I'm not bragging by any means - just chiming in on the measurement of the difficulty. I imagine this situation would be a lot tougher without the gear/AAs that I have.

That said - the comment about not having to stress over TBL difficulty for a handful of upgrades is welcome. It's a very fun mission and it's become a staple of guild fun since we started doing it. I wouldn't call it trivial as I imagine the group makeup would change things, but I have always used my warrior, so I have no other perspective.
    Spellfire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is my experience as well. All group geared and nowhere nearly as effective at boxing as Tucoh, I can still die with regularity on this mission. Bad pulls here generally mean death for my box team.

The elite tend to view every encounter through their elite lens. If it’s not difficult for them, ignoring the fact that they have overpowered gear, every character power achievement, quest, and item, then why should it be difficult for ANYONE else?

The other side of this is the risk v reward. Is it slightly out of balance? If you consider TBL T3 the baseline, then yeah, it is. I think TBL’s difficulty has actually tarnished the game’s reputation almost as much as Gates of Discord. GMM is a bone being thrown for those disenfranchised with TBL, as well as a fresh new experience for the many returning players to have some low-impact fun and get a few nice pieces of gear to play with, which should turn more Gold subs.
  19. matouoli Elder

we can't compare you with other group geared toons ( one of the best * if not THE best * using is_boxer ) , and you are maybe better than most non boxed groups , because all your toons cast at same time.

I am sure you will destroy them very easy .

but these mission are pretty easy as well, if DB is making $$ with GMM ,with more subs and all ,because some palyers were struggling in TBL , this * easy mode* zone is ok for me.
  20. Dewey Augur

This thread is the exact reason why the dev's need to implement a /betabuff option on test.

Imagine this... The dev's have an intended gear level where they try and balance a mission for. Then people would have the option to log into test and check the specific gear level/aa's that the mission was designed for.

Right now we can only tell each other on our own experiences and gear. If we had the option to /betabuff on test. Then we would be able to test content as it was intended to be tested. You could even /raidbetabuff as an option.

Maybe this feature exist. If it did, then it would remove all speculation from these threads on such topic.