When does Enchanter get bad?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Dabrixmgp, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Dabrixmgp Augur

Fixing to make my very first enchanter on new TLP. I know Charm is OP as hell but when I think back to GoD being current seems like that was when they really nerfed charm. Seems like I remember just absolutely facerolling the group instances using double Enchanters. Rest of us pretty much just AFKed while the 2 charmed pets slaughtered everything. Is this about when they decided enough was enough or did the nerf bat not swing until OOW?
  2. Brohg Augur

Enc charmies continued to get more and more overpowered right into Underfoot. The "best/worst" zone for it in the history of EQ was Volska's Husk, where a pair of insano charmed/armed/buffed robots could literally clear the zone if the pair of enchanters and their four assistants could pull the mobs fast enough.

Enc charm power was re-normalized to be just "very very good" beginning in House of Thule.
  3. RPoo Augur

There are no bad classes, only bad players. The question should be "When does the person playing _______ get good?"
  4. Chaosflux Augur

There are some valleys there, like going from GOD to OOW.

Mountain Pookas are 1400dps
    MPG charm pets are like 250 or 300dps, hard to find decent pets in DODH hards, RSS, or POR stuff

It does even back out in TSS for the most part, but Ashengate and Froat Crypt dont have many (any? I cant remember) charmables at 75.

Granted Mana flare comes into play and if you know how to abuse certain aspects of how it works you can more than make up for some of the dps loss.

However charm part power isnt linearly ever increasing as you seem to be implying (though its almost always solid, if it's on the table, just sometimes less powerful relative to how it was in a previous expac)

Edit: the other thing is most TLP players don't last till Underfoot so they dont experience the resurgence of charms power (which really happens in SOF imo). But yeh chanters are one of the stronger classes in the group game pretty much from day 1 to current.