Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Agree and echo this. Healer and Caster belt could be made separate, and healer belt could do something more healer-ish, while dps caster belt could do something more damage-ish. Says, Threads damage boost + Dmg proc, or some such.
    Beimeith and Yinla like this.
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

I don't cast beneficial spells as a dps caster so as others have pointed out this combine does next to nothing for me. And even if it was changed to proc the heal from detrimental casting its still not exactly equivalent in regards to debuffing a npc to reduce incoming damage.

As a necro in order to slow and cripple a mob, which I have had spells and AA for for years, I need to devote myself entirely to that process. I have to pass 3 different resist checks. I have to spend like 8 seconds of casting per target on the process: debuff the mob as best I can, nuke the mob, cast my slow effect AA on the mob. Any resist check fail and the process can take an up to an additional 20 seconds to try again due to recast and cast timers. So I have to debuff first or risk 20 seconds to do it again. Even 1 or 2 fails in the process and the 20-30+ seconds is not worth it as the mob will be dead and it wasn't really needed or my pet and I are dead or fd. This is single target.

As a insert melee or tank class here in order to slow and cripple a mob I need only equip the belt and do nothing else out of the ordinary. I have to pass a single resist check. I spend zero time on the process unless I know the mob is highly resistant and going to live long enough that I might want to proc Tash and Darkened Malo as well, which melee and tanks also now have in superior forms in some cases, for my belt proc to land. But typically I can just ignore this since it will proc try so fast it will eventually land. Any resist check fail and the process can start over instantly as the next riposte, parry, dodge or block simply can fire it again. So even if I have 10 fails it still might only take me 8 seconds in total to land my slow and cripple on the mob. This works for as many mobs as I can handle at once.

Why should my necro slow and cripple require time, spell slots and special effort which I had for years when my rogue or monk who didnt have these effects until the belts were added need only equip a belt and do what they normally do and have it proc much much faster and much much easier? I would much rather equip the same belt and have it proc via my casting aka my normal routine at a rate as quick as their parry, riposte, dodge and block checks then spend 8-20 seconds on a bulky process that has now been handed out to others for free in a simplified manner even if slightly weaker in some regards. Ignoring the fact that thanks to recent Dzarn nerfs that melee and tanks also have superior debuffs to help their slow procs land as well.
  3. Spellfire Augur

I play a caster. I was sad when I saw tanks and melee link their new belts from GMM.

This.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. DaciksBB Augur

I recall my wizard friend testing Tendon Slicer

Slot 2:Cast on Skill Use: Tendon Slice (45)
    Slot 3:Limit Skill: Parry
    Slot 4:Limit Skill: Block

when they changed it to proc off block and parry last year and he confirmed that shield block does trigger the effect. Not sure if that's the case for the new belt but hey, maybe
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Caster belt should be nuke proc + threads. Those two have been the caster belts in the past and if you're combining effects those are the two that make the most sense.

Healers can have a heal proc + heal version of threads or something else.

It makes little sense to combine heals and nukes together unless its intended for hybrids.
  6. Zyrek New Member

Lies, this is a dream come true for shaman.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jondalar like this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I agree, but I think the plan is to just have 3 belt templates to create each expansion. If all our power is coming to us from items now, I'm sure we'll see logical elimination of templates to ease some burden.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There should always be 4, casters are not healers and should be dealt with seperatly the same as melee DPS are not tanks and should be dealt with seperatly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Jondalar Augur

Except for those that do both.......
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So those that only do one are left lacking because some classes do both?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What are they lacking if the belt does both? How would a caster be hurt by the belt working for both spell damage and healing? Combining the function of the procs will help reduce rot since more people can use it before it starts rotting because everyone has it.
    Jondalar likes this.
  12. ShadowMan Augur

Tanks got two tank debuffs in one. Very much better and easier to use then some classes actual spells.
    Melee dps got two dps effects in one. And can use tank belt very effectively.
    Caster dps got same effect and heal they can’t proc.
    Priests got the same heal proc and a dps effect that may or may not help them.

The caster dps belt should be threads and a nuke proc.
    The priest belt should be the heal proc and maybe a heal mod.

The slow/cripple belt since usable by classes that never had these spells before should be made sympathetic so casters can also effectively use them.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So your complaint is that because casters can't use the heal proc (I am guessing mages and necros will like the heal side for pet heals) that priests should not get the damage proc for when they are playing non healing aspects of their class?

In the end this is one less item for a developer to make, name and place in the game giving them a little extra time to do something else.
    Jondalar likes this.
  14. gotwar Gotcharms

DPS casters have always received the short end of the stick when it comes to itemization and gearing, so I don't think anyone should be surprised.

It's not like Overdrive Punch is all that useful to melee anyway. It's basically garbage-tier and was always the first belt to rot. It's not like melee DPS are gaining a whole lot by having it.

Tank belts with cripple + slow? Whatever. The tank archetype has been OP for so many expansions now I don't even care anymore.

Threads + Sympathetic would be amazing, but has basically 0 chance of happening.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would say that priests get it worse. After all how many expansions has there been a belt with a special proc for everyone but priests?
  16. gotwar Gotcharms

You can probably just lump priests in with DPS casters for the itemization shaft if you'd really like.

I guess the difference is that priests aren't competing with another achetype for healing output. Caster DPS is in direct competition with melee DPS, so when we fall behind during non-level increase expansions, it has a larger impact on us. Getting this proverbial shaft in itemization can potentially have a direct effect on our viability.

Better Caster/Priest itemization would be a nice thing to have.
  17. Jondalar Augur

Yes because that is the only option.....sigh.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Perhaps. I'll definitely consider this but cannot promise it at this time.
    (I read the rest of the discussions, but I'm not commenting at this time)
    Warpeace and Brohg like this.
  19. ~Mills~ Augur

Even if you make the caster and healer belts better I still hope you consider the sympathetic proc request for the slow-cripple belt of for casters. There is zero reason that a monk or rogue or tank should slow and cripple mobs better than other classes simply because they can take a few hits and skill checks high enough for it to fire off quickly.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some if not all melee get an AA to guarantee a trigger.