Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Hatestorme New Member

the look of the tutorial is different the quests are the same...it actually looks pretty damn cool I love the new look
  2. Prathun Developer

I'll add a mention of the cake eating challenge to the 20th anniversary dialogue on the Fortune Teller. Thanks!
  3. Prathun Developer

Created internal ticket for this.
  4. Drakah UI Designer

If you have a pet, it will still spam you with the audio trigger. I have
    tells you, 'Attacking
    and it still plays the trigger for tells you.
  5. Oakna New Member

It sounds like you have your audio triggers in the wrong order.
    The game goes down your audio trigger list and fires off the first one that has a match even if there is a more complete match further down the list.

So check that:
    1. tells you, 'Attacking is ABOVE tells you, '
    2. You have the correct spelling.
    3. You have the correct sound file assigned to it.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

[IMG]

Overdrive Boon

Not a player spell: Clicky, NPC spell, Proc, etc.

Slot 1: Increase Spell Damage by 500 (After Crit)
    Slot 2: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 3: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points Non Repeating
    Slot 4: Limit Max Mana Cost: 0
    Slot 5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Slot 6: Limit Combat Skills: Exclude
    Slot 7: Limit Min Level: 254
    Slot 8: Limit Class: WAR, CLR, PAL, RNG, SHD, DRU, MNK, BRD, ROG, SHM, NEC, WIZ, MAG, ENC, BST, BER
    Slot 9: Limit Max Casting Time: 0s
    Slot 10: Cast on Skill Use: Overdrive Punch (25)
    Slot 11: Limit Skill: 1H Blunt
    Slot 12: Limit Skill: 1H Slash
    Slot 13: Limit Skill: 2H Blunt
    Slot 14: Limit Skill: 2H Slash
    Slot 15: Limit Skill: Hand to Hand
    Slot 16: Limit Skill: 1H Pierce
    Slot 17:Limit Skill: 2H Pierce

Would it be too much to ask to add Archery to this effect?
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The main reason we don't add proc's to archery is the near guaranteed root break (instead of the chance of other things) Overdrive Punch is a root breaker.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Understandable, but that's why we all carry the various belts in our bags for all situations. At least, Rangers tend too. Having to use situational gear makes the game fun.
  9. That0neguy Augur

Did you severely nerf the rate at which DD's break root though?
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

Can you make this a sympathetic proc on the belt raid and group for casters as well? Not really fair that at this point melee and tanks have gotten so effective at debuffing mobs just by standing there when on the other side another dev keeps stripping away caster debuff power in the name of balance.

Crippling Snare
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 7.5m+ (75 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    2: Decrease Melee Haste by 50%
    3: Increase Disease Counter by 25
    4: Decrease DEX by 105
    5: Decrease AGI by 115
    6: Decrease STR by 115
    7: Decrease AC by 45

Moon's Radiance Armor ID: 160626
    MAGIC NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: Waist
    AC: 330 HP: 6535 + 7/tick MANA: 6449 + 7/tick END: 6449 ATK: 44
    STA: 48 + 24 STR: 56 + 24 WIS: 48 + 23 INT: 50 + 23 DEX: 49 + 23 AGI: 37 + 22 CHA: 48 + 56
    SV FIRE: 66 SV COLD: 56 SV MAGIC: 61 SV POISON: 72 SV DISEASE: 50 SV CORRUPT: 1
    Haste: 43%
    Heal Amount: 62
    Spell Dmg: 54
    Clairvoyance: 79
    Add Flying Kick DMG: 16
    Worn Effect: Crippling Slicer
    2: Cast: Crippling Snare on Skill Use (350)

Click Effect: Expanding Mind XVIII Casting Time: 0.5s
    4: Increase Max Mana by 1700

Slot 1, type 3: empty
    Slot 2, type 5: empty
    Slot 3, type 7: empty
    Required level of 110.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. xxGriff Augur

the GMM Danger Zone will not allow more than 1 char request/obtain the mission?

also, Belira Blastil group tasks The Darkness Howls and Ironing out the Legion share lock out timers?
    Yinla and Greymantle like this.
  12. Lianeb Augur

The belt is all /all a caster can equip it just as easily as melee and “stand there” to debuff the mob
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

Except we don't take hits as well, can't riposte or parry. Also our dodge skill is well behind in base before you even get to the stacking of heroics.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. smash Augur

And so ? if you want the effect, you have to do that, cannot expect to get it, without hard choices.
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

LoL. Like melee "spells" all being super fast or instant cast because "we can't do it like them" but when casters would die or have like 75% less opportunity to proc it the forum jockeys are here talking "hard choices".

If anything the opposite of whats been happening should be the norm. Tanks and melee should have a very hard time debuffing mobs with it taking 20 or 30 seconds for singles but having the ability to do it on their own. And casters who have had these spells forever should be the ones debuffing 8 mobs at a time instantly.
  16. Lianeb Augur

I can show you a log full of resist messages for the effects.
    I can even show you parses where those defensive skills don't work on raid mobs if it makes you feel better.

I don't get a belt that adds 5k extra damage to a mob every time I hit a spam disc and didn't ask for one either.
    Besides why on earth does a caster that you so plainly said "doesn't take hits as well" care if the mobs melee skills are debuffed?
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

Having a single resist check every 2 seconds until it lands while doing nothing is great. Having 3 different resist checks and 12 seconds worth of casting per attempt to slow, while that being your sole focus just for a single target isn't. I play tanks and melee and know exactly how it works and how it can be resisted. I also know how great it is especially now that cripple and slow have been combined into a single proc and now that riposte and dodge where added to further up your proc rate chance for slow effect. Slow was limited to parry prior.

No one is talking about raids in raids you have enchanters and shaman to debuff for you. This is for when youre solo or in odd group settings.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While not a debuff, do you realize that Treaded Boon of Potential (On different belts) is intended for casters?
    Treaded Boon of Potential

Not a player spell: Clicky, NPC spell, Proc, etc.

Slot 1: Increase Spell Damage by 5000 (After Crit)
    Slot 2: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 3: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points Non Repeating
    Slot 4: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Slot 5: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    Slot 6: Limit Combat Skills: Exclude
    Slot 7: Cast on Spell Use: Holy Soothing (Base 10% Chance) Variable chance to proc: Spell Cast Time 2s=2.5% 3s=3.34% 4s=5% 5s=6.68%
    Slot 8: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 9: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points Non Repeating
    Slot 10: Limit Effect: Exclude Max Hit Points
    Slot 11: Limit Type: Beneficial
    Slot 12: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    Slot 13: Limit Combat Skills: Exclude
  19. Sancus Augur

Treaded (should be Threaded?) Boon of Potential is a combination of belts for two different archetypes, healers and casters. To some extent healers do nuke, but most casters aren't casting much in the way of healing. On the other hand, tanks and melee both saw two focuses for their archetypes consolidated into one. My tank/melee friends are excitedly grabbing GMM group belts, while I'm completely indifferent between Threads of Potential and Treaded Boon of Potential because the consolidation isn't a benefit for my archetype.

It's not a huge deal; in raw terms these belts aren't that powerful. I'm happy Threads got its damage increased in beta and it's still a worthwhile effect. That said, this expansion feels heavy on power gains through itemization, and casters don't see much improvement via stats/new gear. It's a little disappointing that our consolidated belt focus is also not really any different.
    Benzarden, Spellfire and Yinla like this.
  20. kizant Augur

Remove that beneficial limit so I can proc small heals from nukes. It might actually be helpful considering druids will likely never get upgrades to their group heals.
    Slippry likes this.