[Phinigel] House of Thule and Veil of Alaris

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Jaera Augur

Hello devs, this is a friendly reminder about a few things with the upcoming expansions:

1. House of Thule has the same flagging issues that Underfoot does. If the flagging items could get a boost like they did in Underfoot, it would go greatly towards alleviating the need to split a bunch of raid events just to progress.

2. Veil of Alaris has a different flagging issue due to the language requirements and the requirement to do X number of raids just to move on to the next (where splitting won't help). If the language requirements were to be lowered, that would speed things along.

3. Veil of Alaris and onward need load balancing! I'm not sure when live got load balancing, but I think we're getting close to where we'll finally catch up and this won't be a requirement every couple of months!
    Dandy, Brumans, Ryak and 2 others like this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Sadly, your #1 and #2 will probably eliminate the need for #3.
  3. Karhar Dream Crusher

EoK is when load balancing came into play for live i believe.
  4. Machentoo Augur

House of Thule is also, FWIW, not NEARLY as bad as underfoot. T3 flags can be done with one group, and T1/T2 aren't bad eitehr.
  5. Jaera Augur

You're not wrong that there are multiple easily splittable events, but there's only two events that give Sanctum Keys at a total of 9 keys per cycle without splitting and I wouldn't say either of them is straight forward enough that you can expect most guilds to have less than a full raid.

Its been stated before that the developers don't like the idea of forcing splitting to be able progress, and Somnium alone will take at least three weeks to get a minimal force in. There's no harm in asking them to take a look at doing a similar change to what they did in Underfoot, even with the extra month to make it to Somnium.
  6. Baldur Augur

Apparently some of the recent live expansions had their key drops increased when UF was changed.

It's possible they did all of them and never put it in the patch notes. The UF change never made it in the live patch notes did it?

Has anyone went on test and checked HoT or VoA?
  7. Aegir Augur

Veil of Alaris is the one where its critical.

The flagging system for that expansion makes no sense at all on a time-locked progression server.
    Machentoo likes this.
  8. Ryak Augur

Yeah, they certainly couldn't have fixed VoA by simply tweaking flag drop rates, sadly.
  9. Machentoo Augur

I doubt that increasing the evolving xp rate is any harder than increasing the drop rates on flag items.
  10. Baldur Augur

Any bets on whether or not the HoT fix is in today's test server patch notes?
  11. Ryak Augur

It better be because there's barely any more patches to make a change before it goes live...
  12. Darkenr Elder

Man I hope so...
  13. Brumans Augur

Yeah, they were in the notes. The people rejoiced.

Anyways, really hope this is taken care of!
  14. Brumans Augur

15. Qucian New Member

I really hope we can hear something soon on this. Would be very concerning if we can't get HoT fixed like UF was for the May patch before HoT releases. Gonna barely have any time to even break into the end-game zone in HoT if something isn't changed soon about raid progression keys.

Any chance we could get an update on your plans Devs if you have a moment please?
  16. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Just a friendly reminder.
  17. RainbowCane Elder

18. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

We are approaching HoT. I think the next patch is after the release or on the same day. Curious if any comment here.
  19. Boze TLP complaint factory

HoT launch day on Phinigel is 1 month away, and maths up to being a patch day as well.
  20. RainbowCane Elder