GMM risk vs reward out of whack? mobs need tuning up

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gingadin, Mar 16, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Totally agree, but it's not a gimme for everyone. Just because an overgeared, overzealous raid tank a few posts back says it's easy doesn't make it true for everyone.

Enjoy yourselves. It's the 20th Anniversary of Norrath, after all!
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Just leave it, it's been 20 years, the game is legal to drink in most countries, let it have some fun
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

OH!

21 next year more celebrations!!!!!
  4. Natal Augur

The HA's are easy dude, especially considering the rewards they offer. The reason for this is they are using the HA template for the mobs and that is just not appropriate for current content in the game now.

And this is not an anniversary zone, it is a permanent zone that just happened to be released now. It is not going away in a few weeks.

I think people should prepare themselves to see changes in the next content patch, don't whine when it happens because the problems with this situation from a balance point of view are obvious.

The most likely outcome is that the current HAs will move out of the HA formula and become proper missions, which means no more easy mode mobs. If they simply made the HA mobs use the same template as the regular zone mobs it would increase the risk/reward sufficiently IMO. It is also possible that the current HA rewards might have their stats decreased and the mobs left as they are, with full stat items only dropping off nameds.
  5. Kolani Augur

Okay, and I'm saying this as someone that's on record as not minding the challenge of TBL:

Can't we just leave it be? It's a fun little zone that doesn't require flags. You can bring your friends that are coming back there and show them around, and it's not *puke* Frontier Mountains. It's box friendly, even though tank mercs are still absolutely and completely useless in the heroic adventures on single pulls. Seriously, I was getting aggro on autofire on Kolani on my almost maxed aa tank merc. Not everything has to be a**beatingly hard, it's fun to have a zone you can stomp around and not have to be running a disc nonstop on trash. I enjoy stomping around the thing on my shadowknight, and any adjustment is going to require some pathing and placement adjustments so you don't automatically get five to ten wereorcs on certain pulls.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

TBL missions drop 3 items and have a 6 hour lock out, Smoke trials are the only 3 day lock outs and that was done for other reasons. I can see bumping the lock out to 6 hours, but 3 days? I don't see it.

Is it easier than TBL? For sure, but do I want to see Dev time used to make it harder? Definitely not. Let everyone enjoy a new zone and see some good armor from it, more people will be willing to hit up TBL to get items for the missing slots they need after they've farmed GMM.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

WRU hidden quests?
    Nniki and Yinla like this.
  8. Adeus Journeyman

Asks "GMM risk vs reward out of whack?"

Their magelo shows they've fully evolved their TBL evolve items (https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3640384) - I would absolutely stake my account on this person running the TT mission ad nauseum to have done that.

Didn't make a thread to say risk vs reward for TT & evolve items is out of whack did you?

You're fully TBL raid geared, you're probably playing with guildmates who too are fully raid geared or you're using boxes that are raid geared/partially raid geared/fully group geared - whatever - you play the game to an exceptional standard, more power to you, of course you find it easy.

There are a great many of us who don't, we find it tolerable, it represents an opportunity for us to play for an hour and make progress - I unsubbed in December following the launch of TBL because I couldn't handle it, I found it difficult, that's on me and my ability, I resubbed last week to try the anniversary stuff and GMM has convinced me to stay subbed. How does it impact you that I get my hands on some non-visibles of good quality? It doesn't. You probably never cross paths with the people who find GMM and TBL a challenge.

Does it need tuning up? No, I think it's fine.
  9. Natal Augur

It is basically EoK level of difficulty using level 110 toons, but with TBL drops and even con experience. It is probably the easiest "current content" since bottom tier CoTF HAs. But with tier 3 TBL rewards, three on every run. It is that easy. Please do not insult us by suggesting otherwise.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

11. Aurastrider Augur

All of this risk vs reward if we are calling this an anniversary zone is silly especially when you consider some of the previous anniversary items and the fact that they will be useful probably forever. Drunkard stein is the first that comes to mind. Nearly instant cast POK gate clickie that is not just useful for ports but can be used as an emergency evac tool for classes that don't have it. There is the charm item that also duals as a teleport clickie that has virtually no risk to obtain and while not nearly as useful as the drunkard stein it will outlive any gear from GMM in terms of usefulness with far less risk to obtain. Brick of knowledge while not being uber with its long recast times is still a useful standby gate item. Both of the charm slot augs are # 1 and 2 for charm slots (unless something else has come along) and are not that difficult to obtain. Nearly all of the augs for that matter that are potential upgrades for people especially those returning, relatively new to the game or someone just rolling a new toon are rather nice when you compare risk vs reward so its hardly outside of the spirit of anniversary content to reward players with exceptional items for having fun instead of trying to reward only those who are the best of the best.
    Sokki and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I will suggest that, for some, the HAs are a challenge. If you're used to TBL mobs, no, they are not a challenge. But in the same way I can run 4 miles in 26 minutes at age 43 and call it "easy", someone else may find it challenging or impossible at their current fitness level.

Also, Happy 20th Anniversary. Enjoy yourselves!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Yinla and enclee like this.
  13. Balthen Lorekeeper

Let's not forget the fact you can run the mission and get zero usable loots. I was 0fered on my second run thru. It's a limited number of slots and drops that after a few runs is just going to be tribute anyways.
  14. ~Mills~ Augur

This zone is definitely broken. I can actually land all my dots without needing one of the 15 other classes present to debuff the mob for me. And trash isn't hitting me with 100,000 nukes or dots every 15 seconds. This can't be intended.
    Graves, Adeus, jeskola and 2 others like this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I like you. :)
  16. Yimin Augur

I had two silver accounts I made gold because of GMM , do not make me regret that decision by making this like TBL group content ....Now I am rolling three gold accounts :D

YiMin
    Tygart likes this.
  17. Flat Toad Elder

Hee...I'm sensing a bit of "Hey! I had to walk to school...in the snow...barefoot...uphill...Both ways!! goin' on here...i.e. "If I had to bust my butt, it's just not FAIR that others don't suffer!!! ...OK, Gramps; Stop already with the waaah....:mad:
  18. svann Augur

That's what these forums are here for.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Angahran Augur

Guessing you have all the gear you want from here already ?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Dewey Augur

The mobs in the task scale as the mission progresses. The mobs in the beginning are easier than the mobs on the landing. The mobs seem to be the same difficultly as the "lost but not forgotten" quest. Which was very difficult for many groupers last year.

I'm fine with the difficulty. As it gives no mubhis, no visibles, and no spells. The chest rewards in a regular TBL mission gives more and there are easier TBL missions than this one, that take less time... I'm surprised to see this post, but not see a post for the other TBL missions to get nerfed that are super easy.

Why are you not asking for the other super easy TBL missions to be nerfed? It is sad when you see people on this forum quest pick and choose what missions they have problems with. Just because some grouper might actually have something to do.