Mangler is now vastly more popular

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dawdle, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Lisfin Journeyman

I was almost 100% on Mangler for the slower speed and then I kinda noticed I would be stuck in the same TLP I have done 100 times already for almost another year. Might as well do selos first for something new and different, and if I dont like it, I have months to jump back to mangler and catch up. Would be nice if Selo was 8 weeks after POP, seems like them expansions are going to go way to fast...guess I can always hop back to mangler at some point...

Here is the release times and a link to the server information, people should probly bookmark these as they are nice to have. Happy Hunting Guys!

Mangler: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers_Mangler
    Kunark
    6-8-2019 (Sat)

12 Weeks
    Velious
    8-31-2019 (Sat)

12 weeks
    Luclin
    11-23-2019 (Sat)

12 weeks
    Planes of Power
    2-15-2020 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    Legacy of Ykesha
    5-9-2020 (Sat)

12 weeks
    Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    8-1-2020 (Sat)

12 weeks
    Gates of Discord
    10-24-2020 (Sat)

12 weeks
    Omens of War
    1-16-2021 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    Dragons of Norrath
    4-10-2021 (Sat)

8 weeks
    Depths of Darkhollow
    6-5-2021 (Sat)

8 weeks
    Prophecy of Ro
    7-31-2021 (Sat)

8 weeks
    The Serpent's Spine
    9-25-2021 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    The Buried Sea
    12-18-2021 (Sat)

8 weeks
    Secrets of Faydwer
    2-12-2022 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    Seeds of Destruction
    5-7-2022 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    Underfoot
    7-30-2022 (Sat)

8 weeks
    House of Thule
    9-24-2022 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    Veil of Alaris
    12-17-2022 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    Rain of Fear
    3-11-2023 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    Call of the Forsaken
    6-3-2023 (Sat)

8 weeks
    The Darkened Sea
    7-29-2023 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    The Broken Mirror
    10-21-2023 (Sat)

8 weeks
    Empires of Kunark
    12-16-2023 (Sat)

8 weeks
    Ring of Scale
    2-10-2024 (Sat)
    12 weeks
    The Burning Lands
    5-4-2024 (Sat)

8 weeks

Selo: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers_Selo
    Planes of Power
    5-1-2019 (Wed)
    4 Weeks
    Legacy of Ykesha
    6-5-2019 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    7-3-2019 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Gates of Discord
    8-7-2019 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Omens of War
    9-4-2019 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    Dragons of Norrath
    10-2-2019 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Depths of Darkhollow
    11-6-2019 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Prophecy of Ro
    12-4-2019 (Wed)

4 weeks
    The Serpent's Spine
    12-18-2019 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    The Buried Sea
    1-1-2020 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Secrets of Faydwer
    2-5-2020 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    Seeds of Destruction
    3-4-2020 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    Underfoot
    4-1-2020 (Wed)

4 weeks
    House of Thule
    5-6-2020 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    Veil of Alaris
    6-3-2020 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    Rain of Fear
    7-1-2020 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    Call of the Forsaken
    8-5-2020 (Wed)

4 weeks
    The Darkened Sea
    9-2-2020 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    The Broken Mirror
    10-7-2020 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Empires of Kunark
    11-4-2020 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Ring of Scale
    12-2-2020 (Wed)
    4 weeks
    The Burning Lands
    1-6-2021 (Wed)

4 weeks
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. nobosy cares New Member

USA Eastern Time
    USA Central Time
    USA Pacif

im not trolling but anytime someone says something that's fact ppl call it trolling im simply stating the facts so either this DBG is wrong or your mis informed sir
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. nobosy cares New Member

ok tell me again how they arent going to Mangler ???
    being that im trolling
    is this NOT the App on their own website ???
    Guild Details:
    • We use a bid-based DKP system that will generally reward you the more you raid.
    • We operate a batphone system to pursue open world targets. While you are not required to log on for every batphone, if you are online when a batphone goes out you are required to raid.
    • If the server has AoC style instances we will split them and maximize our loot return from them, as well as develop an instance schedule that is balanced to the core playing hours of our raiders.
    • In early eras with lots of batphones we generally require only a limited attendance % in recognition not everyone can make every batphone.
    Server: We currently have not decided on Hardcore vs Casual server, but we will pick the server that most serves our goal of maximizing what our players get out of the game for time invested. Expect if the server has faster unlocks and a generally faster pace, that is where you will find us.

Guild History:
    • We currently have top guilds on both Ragefire and Agnarr progression servers
    • We have set numerous speed records that have never been approached by other guilds in all of EverQuest's earliest expansions. These reflect our focus on efficiency and maximizing return on our member's time.
    Our primary focus as a guild is continually improving on speed and efficiency. We believe that the way to win at EverQuest is to maximize the return on time invested, for this reason we run a very tight ship and have very organized raids and mobilization.

To apply to join Faceless on the EQ 20th Anniversary server:
    1) Please join our guild Selo discord server (click here).
    2) Please complete our application form (click here).

After you have submitted your application you will receive a discord friend request and/or DM from a recruitment officer to discuss your application.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  4. nobosy cares New Member

and i DOUBT they will be going to Selo being that its not the hardcore ruleset being so dedicated and all to "winning"
  5. Ajjantis Elder

Cant wait for Selis <3
  6. Zuggly New Member

I felt the same way. I've been a cleric on CT (Live), FV (Live), Phinny, Agnarr...for 18+ years. I'm going to do something different, and I'm very much looking forward to it. I see Selos as an opportunity to actually learn a class while getting a head start on a new live server.

I personally don't feel the need to "keep up." I think I will run into many like myself who will enjoy more content, more classes, and higher XP while maintaining a balance attitude toward casual vs hardcore.
  7. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Agreed. That's my problem with selo. 8 weeks and I would have gone for it. 1 month is just silly.
  8. MahHero New Member

9. Dawdle Augur

I noticed on the Mangler Progression Server FAQ that they set the XP rates back to what they had originally stated.

https://www.everquest.com/news/mangler-progression-server-faq-2019

Q: What’s the XP rate on Mangler?
    Earning experience on the Mangler server will be faster than original EverQuest at launch, but slower than every other progression server.

Wait they also say The XP rate will be equivalent to that of Ragefire... Somethings amiss here. April Fools isn't for a few weeks yet.
  10. NitroNic New Member

They released a changes post and left originals as is. The changes post supersedes original.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Unfortunately they have consistently focused on the short run and ignored the long run on TLP's.
  12. Ryak Augur

But these servers are even more bat-sh*t insane than usual. Selos will be impossible to keep up on after it "catches up" with live EXP rates because 1 month is not nearly enough time to get the AAs in the TSS+ expansions (the xp rates will be identical to those on Phinny right now and its hard to finish the AAs in THREE months).

The original Mangler concept was so unpopular they changed it. So now its yet another identical Phinny clone...
  13. RolePlayith Journeyman

This was always going to be the case (I mean, once they "fixed" the definition of Mangler). They botched the delivery, Selo's can only possibly be used by hardcore guilds and that necessarily is a small demographic.They need to more closely examine their own game and do "Fast Progression" differently to capture a large % of their player-base. I personally think "Fast Progression" is the only real path forward to retain their player-base.

Things a Fast Progress server needs to do to appeal to the wider audience:
    - No keys/flags/unlocks, all zones are open on exp launch, there's no time for this
    - Loot needs to drop in much larger #s per mob by dozens of times. We may only raid each zone 4 times
    - Raid lockout timers are fine at 1 week, per above. Halving raid timers is actually far WORSE for casuals, since guilds are going to want us to raid non-stop. Having a hard limit is actually a good thing
    - XP needs to be significantly faster, casuals will probably get perhaps 12 hours per week to level at most. They need to max out their levels in week 1, and max out their (useful) AAs in 1 month

There's no point in a fast progression server where average players cannot keep up. Also expect that grown adults will take vacations of about 2 weeks once or twice a year. They may get sent on business trips and miss entire expansions. Catch up is a big deal.
  14. Brumski Augur

Just did an unscientific population check 7PM EST by joining the class channels for every class on both servers (yes I know a lot of people drop these channels but can assume that people do that on all servers to some extent).
    Mangler had almost twice the population for every class (druids was 3x higher) than selo had. (over 2100 players with the channel still turned on)

Will be interesting to see how that pans out after the first month to see who sticks around.
  15. ShivanAngel Augur

My prediction based on every other TLP in history...

In about 6-8 weeks mangler will see a pretty substantial dropoff in players as people get bored of the loot pinatas that are classic raids. Selo's population will be nigh untouched as PoP opens and we get new content. Not to mention how much there is to do with only 6 weeks to do it for now.

When kunark unlocks Mangler will see a slight resurge in population, but will lose some people to attrition.

Selo's will probably see a slight drop at week 6-7 of PoP as we wait for GoD, then a slight resurge, and then an even larger one as OoW opens.

At this point Mangler will again start seeing a population decline as we are now in week 8 of kunark and people are getting bored again. Which will then resurge, with some attrition at week 12 of kunark as velious opens.

Selo's will have OoW opening and there will be a slight pop resurge.

repeat ad nauseum
    code-zero likes this.
  16. kjempff Elder

The problem with tlp are two things. They start at the wrong time of year (who wants to sit and play during summer), and classic is just too small for any long term play.
    With that in mind: Start tlp as follow...
    november: classic+kunark
    december: velious
    january: luclin
    feb: pop
    mar: ldon
    apr: GoD
    etc..

Or start november, with the old "all targets down + grace period(3 weeks?)" for each expansion.. would also be nice. And f... truebox, just ip-address limit it to 3 or 2.. that is the REAL solution to mageboxes and fecktards in general
  17. Fle2ch Elder

The problem with Selos for me is what would be the point in doing keys and flags when by the time you completed it the raid stuff is obsolete as the next expansion is dropping.
  18. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------
    NOOOO ;o). The plan for some of us is to group, group, group - to main our mains, and have a few alts which we bring up and CRAFT on. **I want my Shawl this time around!!!!* Have fun out there whichever server you are on!!
  19. ShivanAngel Augur

Vex thal loot is not obsolete in PoP.

There are items from that zone you will have issues replacing for a long time if ever.
  20. Dawdle Augur

Lets up the thread should we. The first 24 hours were a bit rocky in terms of server stability but that was to be expected. The exp rates with the bonus was very nice for a classic launch.

Real progress was quickly made by all players from pre-made groups, guilds racing for server firsts, boxers, streamers and solo adventure's. PuG's was a bit slow in terms on the LFG que but with the bonus xp event anyone that put their hat in this race to max level was easily 50 before the end on the first week and already leveling alts. I went into this world alone and though I had a hard time finding the groups I was looking for this server is truly casual. The XP was so easy for a classic launch.

In the mean time on Selos they continued to have problems, the forums were a fire storm of rage with posts on AA xp rates and server stability issues. I would look at the sever status page and see Mangler High population vs Selos Medium. The AA rates were driving even more people, vets, guilds and hard-core players to Mangler.

By the end of week one on Mangler EC still seemed kind of barren with only a few of the usual krono farmers trying to sell their wears and pay their rent but that was about to quickly change. Many that were used to farming previous TLP were about to have a Mangler rude awakening. The farmers made the mistake of stopping to farm gear and now the level 50's showed up in their battle worn cloth, leather, and fine steel looking for stats. These hardened adventures that had fought their way through the deepest of dungeons now went in search of riches and glory. The only thing they often said when they got to the camp they wanted was "thanks for keeping my seat warm". The perma camping krono farmers were finally pushed out by those filthy casuals. Many camps were like a version of hungry hippo or wack a mole. Everybody had an equal chance at getting that phat lewt, the pre-mades had no edge here. It's the dawn of a new EQ, we've been freed from the shackles of frustratingly slow xp rates.

By the end of week two Mangler was getting into full swing and still picking up people from Selos. Krono prices where shooting up, the Hole was open and gear was flying off the shelf. Many were rolling twinks if they hadn't already, armies of toons were forming up and people had level 50 alts. The xp bonus was coming to an end soon and the those that couldn't keep up found a warm seat, 1kr for 4 hours at a time in one of the many plvling groups. Everybody was going to be 50 and Boyz/Girlz was going to box there own raids, MESS was beating classic and Selos, well I think Selos had some XP rates changed, some people there got 30 to 50 aa's.

Mangler is wild, dark, and gritty. Trolls run in deep packs but there's still light in Norrath if you are willing to fight for it. This is not the EQ we played 20 years ago, many changes have happened like were a Druid can beat you in a DPS race. Necro's can and will KS anything if they get the jump on you. Bot farmers are taking over all the BiS camps. Mages are everywhere and farming while there hosts were mostly afk at work. I don't think we have seen an in game GM even once. In this world you have to be willing to fight to survive or you'll have to pay but all these krono's aren't worth anything yet and classic gear isn't that great. The gear in classic doesn't give you that great of an edge and we don't have focus effects until Luclin. You wanted a casual server, you got one, level is greater then gear and DB gave you the levels. This server is the most equal playing ground we have ever had and the motto has been etched in stone "Contested", "DPS Race".

In the mean time on Selos... Well I am looking forward to playing a casual back seat on Selos once PoP launches so I can easily get around on a mounts. I'm not to worried about the race or playing a bit behind the pack. The road to Live is a long haul and once GoD unlocks the xp rates are going to be much better. My theory is why spend more time doing anything now when I can do it later much faster. Unless you want to be all hard-core but if you were really hard-core about these servers you'd be PvP. That's my OP but alas may we have a moment of silence for the Zeks, may you RIP.