GMM risk vs reward out of whack? mobs need tuning up

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gingadin, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Gingadin New Member

nope. tune up inc!
  2. Spellfire Augur

https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3640384

Not everybody is wearing the gear you are wearing (and I assume your bots have access to raid gear as well). Content is going to be easy for you. So calm down and let people enjoy a new zone.
  3. Wanuven Lorekeeper

Thoroughly enjoy me some EQ-ing, but as a single account holder and a non tank class, TBL has been a headache to attempt to do anything in. Short of moloing Fight Fire, there's little else for solo player to do. If GMM is as easy as you all claim, it'll be a nice change of pace.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Pheyth like this.
  4. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

EQ closing down imminent. Let's have freeloaders gold sub to wear BiS gear till then makes sense.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

This stuff is waaaaaay to easy.. sadly..
  6. enclee Augur

Gear doesn’t matter, it’s going to reset again in 8-9 months.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. enclee Augur

Well that’s something that has always happened, the larger the raid size means more freeloaders that tab-out during raids get carried.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not in TBL...Freeloaders wipe the raid. Thank goodness. Makes it easier to see who's afk or slacking.

Boot 'em!
  9. Smix New Member

I'd like to see GMM left as it is. It's a nice change from every new zone being not just hard, but brutally hard. Those of us that play off-peak hours with non optimal groups can sometimes pull things off, but not always. Something has been missing for a while and it's what GMM has offered.

GMM is fun. I'd admit it's not crazy hard but it's still hard and it's a fun zone. More fun than I've had in a long time in a new zone. New quests, new npcs, a good crawl and explore zone. I've still died incredibly fast at times but I'm ok with that. It comes with learning the ropes in a new zone and new quests. I'm enjoying playing in a new zone and that hasn't happened in a very long time. Please leave it be.
  10. Critts Augur

The mobs are very weak vs TBL, however the Orcs should be weak because they are so hungry. I think the original clockworks should be tuned up while the Orcs and the gnomeworks should be much weaker for lore reasons. This would instill risk in the zone while not interfering to badly with typically camps. TBL was seriously lacking an area where non raid geared players could play casually. The game was in dire need of easier mobs. Not haveing visable drops here was a great idea as well. I personaly really like the zone and I like seeing none end game raiders haveing fun and being rewarded.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  11. Kiras Augur

The first mission is easy, but it's not like it covers every slot. So it's not like a total solution to gearing people. I think it's a great way to get weaker geared toons into being able to handle TBL without needing people to carry them as deadweight. Second mission I did was noticeably harder than the first, but still not really hard.

Now the track immune name I could do without. Seriously, why make them track immune? Grrrr. Easy enough to find with Eye of Zomm, and I'm sure maps, but still. Grrrrrr!

I'd leave GMM as-is. TBL was a giant /rude at a substantial chunk of the player base, while appeasing the loudest. GMM can help balance that out.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is how T1 TBL & RoS should have been. Nice and relaxing, mobs with no really stupid abilities and AEs.

More of this for T1 zones in the future please.
  13. Ashigaru Augur

As Yinla says - this is how T1 should have been.

No need to tune up.
  14. Pheyth New Member

I don't have raid gear and had a hard time pulling this off (been playing since the beginning, also was in uber raid guilds to 100). Am just getting back into it and my two 110 chars have tier 2 102 lvl gear. Also a lot of mobs where stacked up, if a "normal" group did this and didn't have a FD puller, I don't see how this would be doable. Also took me a long time to complete the mission with a bunch of deaths - I would think this would be extremely hard for a raid geared lvl 100 group (I don't think a lvl 95 group even ubered out could pull this off). My group was mixed between 110 to 105 with a merc main tank, but no normal character had gear higher then 105 (actually the lowest 105 char had the best gear but really didn't do much). I haven't been able to play the last two expansions because they were too hard, but have been working through some older expansions lvling on light blue's to barely blue. Hopefully with this exp boost and a bit of high end gear I can start doing the more recent expansions. This zone for sure has a "fun factor", which I really appreciate. Excellent job EQ team!
    Gio-Cefalu likes this.
  15. Claudi Elder

Zone is fine for people that have to gear up for TBL. And as mentioned above it does not provide a complete set of armor / jewellery.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

After TBL I was happy to see something the not gud people could do. Some people have been stuck in stratos this entire time, ( a first for my 17 years straight of playing). Leave it be I have watched the high rollers in Stratos come in and roll named in about 15 seconds. everything is going to seem easy to you.

Can't you just leave something be for once and make some of the underdogs happy? Either way you will end up with the goods.
  17. Vythika New Member

Personally I like that the mobs in the instances are a bit weaker. Finally get to play a bit more relaxed. Fun for me.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yup. Leave it be. GMM is a fun place. You've made it a veritable maze so there is some degree of difficulty.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

I have not played in the zone yet but having something that is more casual friendly in content that has been commented on several times as not being very friendly to the more casual player base is a good thing. There are plenty of ways to make this game more challenging should the top need something more engaging. Also its kind of funny to me that so many people complained about the nerf to the evolving items and how painfully slow it is to level them in TBL and yet people are asking for GMM to be made harder which will mean slower kill rate and longer evolution times of those very same items. It would seem even the top should be happy if they could evolve those items faster now unless those same people are the ones who have already maxed them out and just need something to do.
  20. Xorsazis Augur

This was fun, non frustrating, and relaxing. It's a nice change of pace.

We have plenty of ball busting zones. Leave this one alone.