Can't create character.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Clyve, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Troutfest Augur

I get to the part where I try to enter world, it hangs and I get kicked, then it tells me I have a character logged in...its just rubbing salt in my wounds at this point.
  2. Hufflepuff New Member

More than likely you can't I had two characters trying to enter the world and now I am stuck at trying to get them logged out so I can try and log back in!!!
  3. Overcast451 Augur

Same here - character is made. It's been 'Entering Ak'Anon' - for a while. But name approval took about 4 minutes... so I'll be patient.

o_O

Edit: Server not responding. Yeah, gonna take 2 hours to get in, lol
  4. Kahna Augur

No it doesn't make financial sense. None of you are quitting because launch day is rough. You are all addicts or you wouldn't be playing a 20 year old game.

It also isn't likely about the code, it's probably just the strain on the available resources, and as someone else said, you don't plan your resources around something that happens once a year for a day or two.
    Ootax likes this.
  5. Draks New Member

Same here....at least I got the name I wanted??

Gives me more time to smoke up I guess.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  6. Fiyero Augur

You probably didn't get your name. If it crashes, it's deleting characters and then saying that name is taken.
  7. ShivanAngel Augur

Its amazing how everyone suddenly becomes experts on 20 year old code/hardware and how easy it is to fix....
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Troutfest Augur

I'm going to guess they don't just have servers for eq separate from all the other games and there has to be ways to tune the load between games. Time to bump up the priority for eq for a day?
  9. Absent New Member

Well, I spend more money on games that I'm happy with! please fix the login issues!
  10. Sinnje New Member

Patience grasshopper
  11. Leifer Augur

It will be interesting to see the chaos if everyone who got to the character creations screen and hit enter world and then got booted, now have that toon and that name forever gone. Uff, can you imagine that mess?
  12. Junlo Journeyman

Some communication other than "wait please" would be great though
  13. Hufflepuff New Member

I expect to be able to play the game I pay for at the time I want to play it when it is supposed to be available to me that's what I want.
  14. Msty1 New Member

Woo hoo been added to the login queue apparently
  15. mightyfp New Member

Don't worry guys, payment server is working fine...
    Haeldar and Fallfyres like this.
  16. Adomnae New Member

I'm getting further - now I can say as well that I at least made it to the create character screen.

Which is terrifying actually because I'm still torn up on what to create. But the music is soothing and exciting me.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Overcast451 Augur

Just look at it like your first boss fight on the server:

Login_Server_001 RAMPAGES!!
    Login_Server_001 Hits YOU for 257 points of damage.
    Login_Server_001 kicks YOU for 3 points of damage.
    You have been slain by Login_Server_001
    Loading... please wait.

*Then the sound of crickets and frogs in the newb zone*
    Haeldar and Fallfyres like this.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

And let me guess... you're estimated time has been 1 minute for 10 min now too? :D
    Fallfyres and yraapt like this.
  19. Clyve Lorekeeper

You mean NOT Loading... please wait.
    Fallfyres and Overcast451 like this.
  20. Msty1 New Member

Take that back, says world server at maximum capacity, so not expecting to get in anytime soon